4a/b Naturals What is your bedtime regimen ?

Blacktresses

During the week I use different conditioners (with the exception of proteins). For the last 6 months, I drench my hair in distilled water added conditioner and spritz again until foamy. Then I wear a plastic cap to bed to keep the moisture in. I do the same thing in the morning except I allow 5 minutes drying time between each step. I also add to my morning regimen a mixutre of butters (sweet almond butter, avocado butter, and mango butter) then gel to seal in the moisture.

What's your regimen
smirk.gif
confused.gif

I just put my hair in a loose ponytail and put my big scarf on my head to keep my hair from getting dry on the pillow.

I love the sweet almond oil. But I haven't used it alone yet. I am going to make a hot oil treatment out of the sweet alond butter
grin.gif
next month! This month I am using coconut butter as a hot oil treatment.

I condition wash pretty much every night with suave vanilla. When I get outa the shower, I spray and mixture of the suave vanilla and water on my hair. Then I detangle and I band the hair to stretch it out. I put a satin cap on and go to sleep. Sometimes I remember to spray surge on my scalp.

When pressed, I spritz ever so lightly with distilled water, apply some essential oils and smooth it back into a ponytail. I tie it down with a "wrap" cap and the ponytail sticks out through the opening. Finish off with satin bonnet to protect ponytail. Sometimes I twist the ponytail or put a roller or two on the ends.

When not pressed, usually I'm doing braidouts. I apply leave-in conditioner almost nightly and rebraid - 4-6 big braids. On nights I don't rebraid, I just pin it up and put on my satin bonnet.

[ QUOTE ]
pressncurl said:
When pressed, I spritz ever so lightly with distilled water, apply some essential oils and smooth it back into a ponytail. I tie it down with a "wrap" cap and the ponytail sticks out through the opening. Finish off with satin bonnet to protect ponytail. Sometimes I twist the ponytail or put a roller or two on the ends.

When not pressed, usually I'm doing braidouts. I apply leave-in conditioner almost nightly and rebraid - 4-6 big braids. On nights I don't rebraid, I just pin it up and put on my satin bonnet.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont wet products while wearing a press ruin the press?

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
pressncurl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she probably doesn't want a bone straight press anyway. i saw her album on yahoo and she has gorgeous abundant thick natural afro textured hair.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
pressncurl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also sprayed my pressed hair with water then applied an oil on top of that. As pressncurl mentioned, the important part is to spray LIGHTLY, VERY LIGHTLY. You have to experiment to get the right quantity.

This worked for my ends. Spraying my roots, no matter how lightly, resulted in a puffy press.

My bedtime regimen in pretty simple now: put a scarf on my head & go to bed. It's cornrowed up for a phonypuff, so that makes things quick & easy.

Back