40 DAYS for Life . . .

Something about this young woman's story broke something inside of me. I am going to join the silent vigil at one of the sites in my area. Pray my strength because people are crazy out there but I believe we are called to be a witness in this life and I believe that prayer changes things. Thank you to OP for starting this thread.

------------------------------------------------------
DAY 2 INTENTION

May the King of the Universe, who entered this world
as a helpless infant, give us the humility to be
healed.

SCRIPTURE

My power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

REFLECTION by Kevin Burke, Rachel's Vineyard

The great mystery of the Humility of God is very near and dear to the mission of those serving in pro life and in a special way, post abortion ministries across this nation.

For those wounded by their participation in abortion, the door to healing often feels like crossing an abyss of great fear: fear of judgment, fear of being torn apart by the pain, by self hatred and rage at those who hurt and abandoned you, and manipulated you in your time of temptation.

For men in particular, entering the unknown waters of emotional vulnerability, so necessary to healing calls for a different kind of courage that feels deceptively like weakness.

The door to healing is humility.

It is born in the inability to no longer control the pain, to live with the consequences of that tragic decision to reject life. The hearts cries out, "I have committed a grave offense against my Creator and I am consumed by regret, grief and sorrow!"

During these forty days let us pray for all who have participated in abortion and with love call them to healing and reconciliation. With healing these women and men can become as John Paul II proclaimed in the Gospel of Life, "the most eloquent defenders of everyone's right to life."

Jesus proclaimed, "I am the Vine, you are the branches" (John 15:5). To bear the greatest fruit, the branches must be pruned.
Each level of pruning of the vine requires a deeper level of humility so that we can abandon ourselves to His will.

This is not a lofty theological concept as much as it is an earthy experience of pulling weeds, tilling rocky soil, pruning and healing the vines.
"If a man wishes to come after me, he must deny his very self, take up his cross, and begin to follow in my footsteps" (Matthew 16:24).

PRAYER

Lord, during these forty days, we ask that with each day of this sacred vigil, everything in us that separates us from your perfect will would be pruned from our hearts and souls.

In this blessed freedom may we experience a powerful anointing of your Holy Spirit. Filled with confidence and trust may we proclaim with the mother of Jesus, "Let it be done to me, according to your Word."

For Life,
Shawn Carney
Campaign Director
40 Days for Life

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

For all the talk of freedom and self-determination, the abortion movement is at its heart a movement denying rights to a silent segment of humanity and soliciting public sanction, support and subsidy to its own cause
- Donald P. Shoemaker, "Abortion, the Bible and Christianity"

DAY 2 INTENTION

May the King of the Universe, who entered this world
as a helpless infant, give us the humility to be
healed.

SCRIPTURE

My power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

REFLECTION by Kevin Burke, Rachel's Vineyard

The great mystery of the Humility of God is very near and dear to the mission of those serving in pro life and in a special way, post abortion ministries across this nation.

For those wounded by their participation in abortion, the door to healing often feels like crossing an abyss of great fear: fear of judgment, fear of being torn apart by the pain, by self hatred and rage at those who hurt and abandoned you, and manipulated you in your time of temptation.

For men in particular, entering the unknown waters of emotional vulnerability, so necessary to healing calls for a different kind of courage that feels deceptively like weakness.

The door to healing is humility.

It is born in the inability to no longer control the pain, to live with the consequences of that tragic decision to reject life. The hearts cries out, "I have committed a grave offense against my Creator and I am consumed by regret, grief and sorrow!"

During these forty days let us pray for all who have participated in abortion and with love call them to healing and reconciliation. With healing these women and men can become as John Paul II proclaimed in the Gospel of Life, "the most eloquent defenders of everyone's right to life."

Jesus proclaimed, "I am the Vine, you are the branches" (John 15:5). To bear the greatest fruit, the branches must be pruned.
Each level of pruning of the vine requires a deeper level of humility so that we can abandon ourselves to His will.

This is not a lofty theological concept as much as it is an earthy experience of pulling weeds, tilling rocky soil, pruning and healing the vines.
"If a man wishes to come after me, he must deny his very self, take up his cross, and begin to follow in my footsteps" (Matthew 16:24).

PRAYER

Lord, during these forty days, we ask that with each day of this sacred vigil, everything in us that separates us from your perfect will would be pruned from our hearts and souls.

In this blessed freedom may we experience a powerful anointing of your Holy Spirit. Filled with confidence and trust may we proclaim with the mother of Jesus, "Let it be done to me, according to your Word."

For Life,
Shawn Carney
Campaign Director
40 Days for Life

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

For all the talk of freedom and self-determination, the abortion movement is at its heart a movement denying rights to a silent segment of humanity and soliciting public sanction, support and subsidy to its own cause
- Donald P. Shoemaker, "Abortion, the Bible and Christianity"

Amen... :Rose:

DAY 3 INTENTION

Pray for your local pregnancy help center: for those
who answer calls from women considering abortion, those
who provide ultrasounds, and those who personally help
mothers prepare to parent or place for adoption.

SCRIPTURE

Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the
hand of the wicked.

--Psalm 82:4

REFLECTION by Rev. John Ensor, Heartbeat International

When a woman arrives at her local pregnancy help center,
the hard work of "rescuing the weak" begins.

They listen to her. What desperate circumstance is
driving her?

They act. A professional ultrasound and medical care
is provided.

They pray, "God use us." Then, they take up her burdens
and work towards life.

It is cross-bearing for the child-bearing.

Recently, I prayed for one volunteer who was working
with one mother in her struggle. Here is what "rescue
the weak" looked like in this one case:

• Aug 3: She made an appoint-ment for Thursday to get
an abortion and while she feels terrible about it,
she also feels like she has no choice. Pray that her
heart is changed!

• Aug 10: She is 12 weeks along but missed her
appointment. She had some good conversations with
people at the pregnancy center. She is now considering
adoption.

• Aug 13: Things are down again. She now has an
abortion scheduled for Monday. Pray!

• Aug 17: Missed appointment! God is working in her life.

• Sept 1: We've hit another rocky period. She has an
abortion scheduled for tomorrow. She found out today
that her parents are planning a trip to visit her
and she is panicking.

• Sept 15: Missed third appointment. But feels like
she has no choice. Please pray today.

• Sept 20: She fears her parents but has agreed to
another ultrasound (a breakthrough).

• Sept 22: I was there with her for her ultrasound.
She saw her baby moving and made the realization
that she wants to carry her baby.

Please keep praying against attack by the enemy. We
are overwhelmed by seeing God's hand move in this
situation and are so very thankful for the prayers
lifted up by each one of you. God is good!

PRAYER

Father, we praise you for this one sister who gave
herself, heart and soul, to rescue this one mother
and baby. O may you empower the hundreds more today
who are serving in our pregnancy help centers. Grant
those answering calls, providing ultrasound and
following up with a bold spirit of truth, love and
perseverance.

Laela said:
DAY 3 INTENTION

Pray for your local pregnancy help center: for those
who answer calls from women considering abortion, those
who provide ultrasounds, and those who personally help
mothers prepare to parent or place for adoption.

SCRIPTURE
Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the
hand of the wicked.
--Psalm 82:4

When a woman arrives at her local pregnancy help center,
the hard work of "rescuing the weak" begins.

They listen to her. What desperate circumstance is
driving her?

They act. A professional ultrasound and medical care
is provided.

They pray, "God use us." Then, they take up her burdens
and work towards life.

It is cross-bearing for the child-bearing.

Recently, I prayed for one volunteer who was working
with one mother in her struggle. Here is what "rescue
the weak" looked like in this one case:

• Aug 3: She made an appoint-ment for Thursday to get
an abortion and while she feels terrible about it,
she also feels like she has no choice. Pray that her
heart is changed!

• Aug 10: She is 12 weeks along but missed her
appointment. She had some good conversations with
people at the pregnancy center. She is now considering
adoption.

• Aug 13: Things are down again. She now has an
abortion scheduled for Monday. Pray!

• Aug 17: Missed appointment! God is working in her life.

• Sept 1: We've hit another rocky period. She has an
abortion scheduled for tomorrow. She found out today
that her parents are planning a trip to visit her
and she is panicking.

• Sept 15: Missed third appointment. But feels like
she has no choice. Please pray today.

• Sept 20: She fears her parents but has agreed to
another ultrasound (a breakthrough).

• Sept 22: I was there with her for her ultrasound.
She saw her baby moving and made the realization
that she wants to carry her baby.

Please keep praying against attack by the enemy. We
are overwhelmed by seeing God's hand move in this
situation and are so very thankful for the prayers
lifted up by each one of you. God is good!

PRAYER
Father, we praise you for this one sister who gave
herself, heart and soul, to rescue this one mother
and baby. O may you empower the hundreds more today
who are serving in our pregnancy help centers. Grant
those answering calls, providing ultrasound and
following up with a bold spirit of truth, love and
perseverance.

I am pro life, however, with adoption there are other risks. While the woman may not want the child (maybe rape etc) and she places the child in a good home, that child could still come back with a sense of entitlement and attempt to wreak havoc on her life.

It's a tough position. So yeah pray she doesn't abort but also pray the decision doesn't cause undo hardship, trauma, and havoc.

DAY 4 INTENTION

Pray that we each will daily put on the full armor
of God, so that we are strong in the Lord and the
power of His might.

SCRIPTURE

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the
rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual
hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you
may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having
done all, to stand.

-- Ephesians 6:12-13

REFLECTION by Carmen Pate, 40 Days for Life

I am confounded to see how the battle over the issue of life is perceived more often in churches today as political rather than spiritual.

Ironically, the enemy has used this twisted perception to silence many in the body of Christ.

We must see the battle for what it is and we must daily "put on" the armor God has given us:

>> Gird your waist with Truth (vs. 14) -- Commit your emotions to believe truth and to speak truth, regardless of the repercussions.

>> Put on the breastplate of Righteousness (vs. 14) -- It will protect our hearts -- the innermost springs of our beings -- from all unrighteousness so evident in this fallen world.

>> Shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. (vs. 15) -- Preparation is vital if we are to be effective in God's work.

>> Taking the shield of faith (vs.16) -- The Accuser will instill doubt, fear, and guilt. Faith acts as an invisible shield that deflects such false accusations.

>> Taking the Helmet of salvation (vs.17) -- A helmet protects the head, the brain and in turn our mind and thoughts. Satan hopes we will set aside divine revelation for human reasoning.

>> Taking the sword of the Spirit (vs.17) -- The Word of God, the only offensive weapon in this armor, was used by the Lord Jesus against Satan. The living Word is powerful and effective.

Our armor is complete. We are ready to wage war, and the next verse tells us how, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit." (vs.18)

PRAYER

Dear Lord, as you lead us into the spiritual battle of
abortion may we be reminded that the battle is truly
Yours. Thank you for hearing our requests for
direction and protection. Thank you for the victory
that is ours because of Your Son Jesus, Amen.

I am pro life, however, with adoption there are other risks. While the woman may not want the child (maybe rape etc) and she places the child in a good home, that child could still come back with a sense of entitlement and attempt to wreak havoc on her life.

It's a tough position. So yeah pray she doesn't abort but also pray the decision doesn't cause undo hardship, trauma, and havoc.

I just wanted to share something on the topic of adoption. My oldest child is adopted, my husband is adopted, and I have had several close friends that were also adopted. My daughter's adoption is open so that she will one day have the opportunity to meet her birth mother if she chooses to do so. My husband's and my friends' were not open. While some (3) of them did search for their birth parents in order to have important information like health records, and to have a sense of where they came from (I don't think anyone could truly understand this unless they were in an adoptees shoes), they typically do not feel at all entitled to meet their birth parent. Their searches are time consuming, emotionally draining, and most often lead to dead ends (I only know this because I have been involved to different degrees in providing emotional support and even going to records offices/following paper trails with friends). In fact, some feel rejected and choose not to meet or search for the birth parents. Many are incredibly happy with the family God gave them and feel that it is somehow not respectful/appreciative of the parents they have to search for the birth parents. Others will extend discreet communications to see if the birth parent will talk with them just once so they may ask questions. Most do not expect the birth parent to take them up on their request, although it can still be an emotional let down if they are rejected again. In my experience, the adoptee has always been very sensitive to the fact that their birth parent most likely has a spouse and/or other children and they are typically very careful not to disrupt the birth parent's life or disclose information to that person's family.

I shared this information, because there are often a lot of misconceptions about adoption. I had some too until God gave us a very precious and much prayed for little blessing in 2006. I will be forever grateful of how much God and my precious DD have taught us. I tell her that her story is a living example of just how believers are all adopted into the body of Christ. God used this dear child to save us from the heartache of wanting a child to raise up for God's army. She was sent when were still asking God to heal our hearts from 3 miscarriages and an adoption loss. She was an amazing gift; one of the three best and most prized that I've ever received (she's right up there with the gift of my hubby and and of my son). I also add that although DD grew in my heart and not my womb, the moment I first laid eyes on her was just as breathtaking, awe inspiring, and happy-tear filled as the moment I gave birth to my son 20 months later. I just want everyone to know that adoption is not just providing a home for one or more children, it is truly a spiritual journey, a long awaited heart's desire met, and the love of Christ all wrapped up in a brand new creation made in His very own image. We would have never been the same without DD, and I will always be thankful to her birth mom for listening to the promptings that I know God placed on her heart to give my baby life.

I'm going to take it one step further :look:

Contraception is actually what leads people to be so free and promiscuous. As we all know, contraception fails and when that happen, abortion becomes the back up plan. In Humanae Vitae, Pope Paul VI predicted in 1968 the general moral decline of society if contraception became accepted and widely available. He said:

1. Contraception would lead to conjugal infidelity. CHECK

2. Contraceptive practice would lead to a “general lowering of morality.” CHECK

3. Contraception would lead men to cease respecting woman in their totality and would cause them to treat women as “mere instruments of selfish enjoyment” rather than as cherished partners. CHECK

4. And finally, widespread acceptance of contraception by couples would lead to a massive imposition of contraception by unscrupulous governments. CHECK

Christian churches were unified on the topic of contraception being immoral until about the 1930s when the Anglican church broke away. Now, you would be hard pressed to find most Christians today think that there's anything wrong with contraception.

I know, I know, it seems so backwards and antiquated. What's the big deal? However, if we really think about how contraception really undermines man and woman from becoming one flesh and bearing fruit, we see how wrong it is. I know most would disagree with me (even on the Christian forum) but IMO contraception is really the first step down the slope to moral decline.

I should add that I don't think people have to have 10 babies LOL. I believe in natural family planning. Most of us are too lazy though to figure out how our bodies work and how to regulate our fertility naturally. :blush:

ETA: Contraception itself can be an abortifacient. Women can ovulate on the pill but the way the pill primarily works is to keep the lining of the uterus thin and not primed to support a pregnancy. If a woman ovulates and that egg is fertilized, that embryo is prevented from implanting when it normally would. If you believe life begins at conception, then clearly that is a big no-no. :ohwell:

Amen, amen! And a big "shout out" to Shimmie too--abortion is too freely available! God intended for the marriage union to be fruitful (this can also mean adoption) and to rear that "fruit" to serve the Lord. God has an individual plan for each family, and only He knows the plans He has for each, which are for their good and not their harm as the Word says. Some families, like the Duggars, He intended to have super sized armies for Him. Other He blesses with 3, 4, 5, or even 1. Nonetheless, it is not our place to decide that we will determine whether we "feel" like being fruitful. Our duty is to simply be obedient to what He directs us to do. This a a trust and faith issue--God will provide for every gift He sends. When something needs to be accomplished, God sends a baby. How many have we as a nation destroyed? How many more will we continue to devalue?

DAY 5 INTENTION

May God's justice sober our society; may mercy triumph
over judgment.

SCRIPTURE

Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning;
from the hand of every beast I will require it, and
from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's
brother I will require the life of man.

Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be
shed; for in the image of God He made man.

-- Genesis 9:5-6

REFLECTION by Rev. John Brown, United Friends for Life

The value of every human being can hardly be seen more clearly than with this verse. God, the King of the universe, has created all human beings in his image, and declares forthrightly that shedding the blood of any individual will require the blood of the one who shed it.

God's concern for human beings is not limited to any particular group. Indeed, his concern is universal, and includes male and female, young and old, born and unborn, disabled and able-bodied, the citizens of every nation on earth.

Abortion, the deliberate killing of the unborn, is the shedding of innocent blood. Surely the blood of millions upon millions of innocent children cries out to God.

It is true that we live in an age of grace, and yet this passage (among many other texts which express similar sentiments) should give every thinking Christian pause.

Christians of all people, entrusted with the Word of God as we are, must take a stand. We must speak out. We must do all that we can to protect the innocent, to pursue justice, and to encourage the repentance of all those who bear responsibility for this great evil.

Only in this manner can we hope to forestall the judgment that must otherwise surely come.

This passage should also be seen as an encouragement to educate and disciple our children and grandchildren about what it means to be human and the responsibility that will become theirs in this ongoing struggle.

PRAYER

O Father, forgive us for our lack of courage and our
want of compassion for the unborn and for those lost
and hurt by abortion. Fill us anew with your Spirit.

Renew our minds, strengthen us in righteousness, help
us be people of salt and light within our nation.

May every human being, from conception to natural
death, be treated with the respect due those made in
your image.

We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Blackpearl1993, thank you so much for sharing your firsthand knowledge on adoption. So true, that, spiritually, we are adopted into the family of God; and I believe adoption should reflect that as well. Just like marriage reflects God's covenant.

We know not everyone serves the living God...however, I believe people in this campaign are not only praying for these babies to be saved, but that (1) they be placed in God-fearing, nurturing homes like yours if they are adopted, or (2) that the mother has not only a change of mind but change of heart to raise their child with love, no matter what and with the resources available to her. Why not believe that for them? God doesn't do anything halfway and there is no failure in Him. The babies saved are in His Hands, just like when we become born-again. He doesn't save and leave us hanging.

Thank you, again, for sharing your testimony; it put a smile on my heart this Sunday.. I hope it has blessed others reading as well.. :yep:

Last edited:
This is a beautiful thread. I wish this were discussed more in churches. Abortion has touched many people who I know personally and I know without a shadow of doubt that the residual spiritual effects are as serious as the physical. Abortion is glorified as being a woman's choice but I feel that it's brainwashed women into feeling like there is nothing wrong with it since it's a "fetus" and not a baby. Yes, we need to unite in prayer against the spirit that's driving these abortions. You can't kill 55 million + innocent babies and be convinced that it's ok without there being something spiritual (and evil) that is the driving force for it.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

Last edited:
DAY 6 INTENTION

Pray that those tempted to abort may understand that their child is already present, and already a real person.

SCRIPTURE

And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."

-- Luke 1:41-44

REFLECTION by Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life

Jesus not only loves unborn children -- He was one himself! Think about this for a moment.

We often hear people speak of a pregnant mother by saying, "She's expecting a child." Now if one is expecting a package, the package is not yet there. As reflected in our verse for today, however, this is not the case with the mother. Her gift is already there.

The pregnant woman, a mother already, does not have a child "on the way," but has a child, already present and in full possession of his or her human rights, starting with the right to life.

PRAYER

Jesus, open my eyes to your presence in the life of every child. Open my heart to joy in the birth of every child, a birth that reflects the joy of your own birth in Bethlehem.

As you shared life in the womb of Mary, so now send your protection upon every child still in the womb, and grant to their mothers the strength and joy that comes from welcoming the gift of life. We pray through Christ our Lord, Amen.

--------------------------------------
Testimony of a former abortionist:

A former abortionist, who admits to having committed around 1200 abortions, appeared before a U.S. House subcommittee. The hearing was on the so-called Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would ban abortions after 20 weeks in D.C., based upon the fact that unborn babies can experience pain at that stage of pregnancy.

Dr. Anthony Levatino, who has since turned his life around and is pro-life, was speaking in favor of the ban. And his testimony is perhaps the most brutal explanation you will ever hear for why abortion is evil - plain and simple.

For those who may be tempted to write off Levatino’s testimony because he’s just “another pro-life nutjob,” it’s interesting how his testimony has eerie echoes to that of notorious late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart, who is still involved in the gruesome trade. During a preliminary injunction hearing in a US District Court in 1997 on the issue of late-term abortions, Carhart testified that he would sometimes dismember advanced-stage unborn babies during abortions, while the babies were still alive. Carhart described in detail the process of grasping the limb of the baby to be removed, and then twisting it off. When asked if the babies usually die during the process of dismemberment, Carhart responded, “I don’t really know. I know that the fetus is alive during the process most of the time because I can see the fetal heartbeat on the ultrasound.”

How is this considered anything but evil?

Vid of testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t--MhKiaD7c#! [Dr. Levatino delivers testimony on H.R. 3803, the "District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act"]

Testimony of a former abortionist:

A former abortionist, who admits to having committed around 1200 abortions, appeared before a U.S. House subcommittee. The hearing was on the so-called Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would ban abortions after 20 weeks in D.C., based upon the fact that unborn babies can experience pain at that stage of pregnancy.

Dr. Anthony Levatino, who has since turned his life around and is pro-life, was speaking in favor of the ban. And his testimony is perhaps the most brutal explanation you will ever hear for why abortion is evil - plain and simple.

For those who may be tempted to write off Levatino’s testimony because he’s just “another pro-life nutjob,” it’s interesting how his testimony has eerie echoes to that of notorious late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart, who is still involved in the gruesome trade. During a preliminary injunction hearing in a US District Court in 1997 on the issue of late-term abortions, Carhart testified that he would sometimes dismember advanced-stage unborn babies during abortions, while the babies were still alive. Carhart described in detail the process of grasping the limb of the baby to be removed, and then twisting it off. When asked if the babies usually die during the process of dismemberment, Carhart responded, “I don’t really know. I know that the fetus is alive during the process most of the time because I can see the fetal heartbeat on the ultrasound.”

How is this considered anything but evil?

Vid of testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t--MhKiaD7c#! [Dr. Levatino delivers testimony on H.R. 3803, the "District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act"]

Mercy Lord Jesus... This is heartbreaking.

DAY 7 INTENTION

Pray that the abortionists and all workers in
abortion facilities would be troubled in their
souls regarding their work and would seek truth.

SCRIPTURE

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor,
and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all
malice. And be kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake
has forgiven you.

-- Ephesians 4:31-32

We see the evil and oppression in the world, the arrogance of those who mock God, the millions of innocent lives destroyed because of the greed of a
few.

Our flesh tells us that we should take justice in our own hands, but instead of vengeance, the Lord calls us to love our enemy, to forgive others as we have been forgiven.

God loves the abortionist and the Planned Parenthood advocate just as much as He loves you. It breaks His heart to see them in bondage to sin and He is giving you this opportunity to introduce them to the Savior who sets the captive free.

Though you may not experience direct interaction with these souls, your presence will not go unnoticed. Your non-verbal communications speak volumes about the God you serve.

Forgiveness is an act of obedience to God (Colossians 3:13). Forgiveness is not condoning or overlooking the wrong behavior of others, but rather it is freeing ourselves so that God can work mightily through us to touch their hearts for Him.

Let's join our hearts with His in recognizing that those in the abortion industry are not the enemy, but rather they are blinded by the enemy.

God desires that we bring them the message of truth and hope found in Christ, but the messengers He will use are those willing to forgive.

PRAYER

Dearest God, You tell us in Proverbs that the foolish
and the wicked lack wisdom and understanding. I pray
you will trouble the souls of those in the abortion
industry so that they hunger for truth and cry out for
freedom.

I pray that my life would reflect my redemption so
others may see it and trust in You. In obedience to
You, and by your grace, I choose to forgive others as
you have forgiven me. In the name of Christ my
Redeemer I pray,
Amen.

This is interesting....
NEWS

Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle
0f56837344e8b7c95a5a954ebb28ec7f.png

A pregnant teen who sued her parents, claiming they were coercing her to have an abortion, will be able to give birth to her baby.

Attorneys representing the 16-year-old girl were granted a long-term injunction against the girl's parents in Texas family court on Monday, according to court documents.

The teen is 10 weeks pregnant and the injunction will last for the duration of her pregnancy.

As part of the order, the girl will be able to use her car to go to school, work and medical appointments. Her parents had taken away the use of the car as part of their effort to force an abortion, court papers stated.

The teen's parents will be liable for half of the hospital bill when she gives birth, unless she is married to the baby's 16-year-old father.

"We are extremely happy with the judge's decision today and we are very proud of our teenage client for being strong enough to stand against her parents to save her unborn child's life," Greg Terra, president of the Texas Center for Defense of Life, said in a blog post on the group's website.

Attorneys filed a lawsuit on the teen's behalf earlier this month arguing that her parents "are violating her federal constitutional rights to carry her child to term by coercing her to have an abortion with both verbal and physical threats and harassment."

The teen, identified in the lawsuit only as R.E.K. since she is a minor, was "beside herself" when she called the center for help, her lawyer Stephen Casey told ABCNews.com last week. The group claims it has previously represented teens in similar situations and won their cases.

"These girls are in a bind, particularly in a situation where their parents are forcing them to do something they don't want to do," Casey said. "Regardless of the [situation], that's her parents and she should expect support from them in this situation, not resentment and anger."

When the pregnancy was confirmed, the teenager's father allegedly "became extremely angry, was insistent that R.E.K. was not having the baby, and that the decision was not up to her, according to the lawsuit. He stated he was going to take her to have an abortion and that the decision was his, end of story."

The teen claimed in the lawsuit that her parents had taken away her phone, pulled her out of school, forced her to get two jobs and took away her car in an effort to "make her miserable so that she would give in to the coercion and have the abortion."'

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-teen-wins-abortion-battle-150554993--abc-news-topstories.html

This is interesting....
NEWS

0f56837344e8b7c95a5a954ebb28ec7f.png

A pregnant teen who sued her parents, claiming they were coercing her to have an abortion, will be able to give birth to her baby.

Attorneys representing the 16-year-old girl were granted a long-term injunction against the girl's parents in Texas family court on Monday, according to court documents.

The teen is 10 weeks pregnant and the injunction will last for the duration of her pregnancy.

As part of the order, the girl will be able to use her car to go to school, work and medical appointments. Her parents had taken away the use of the car as part of their effort to force an abortion, court papers stated.

The teen's parents will be liable for half of the hospital bill when she gives birth, unless she is married to the baby's 16-year-old father.

"We are extremely happy with the judge's decision today and we are very proud of our teenage client for being strong enough to stand against her parents to save her unborn child's life," Greg Terra, president of the Texas Center for Defense of Life, said in a blog post on the group's website.

Attorneys filed a lawsuit on the teen's behalf earlier this month arguing that her parents "are violating her federal constitutional rights to carry her child to term by coercing her to have an abortion with both verbal and physical threats and harassment."

The teen, identified in the lawsuit only as R.E.K. since she is a minor, was "beside herself" when she called the center for help, her lawyer Stephen Casey told ABCNews.com last week. The group claims it has previously represented teens in similar situations and won their cases.

"These girls are in a bind, particularly in a situation where their parents are forcing them to do something they don't want to do," Casey said. "Regardless of the [situation], that's her parents and she should expect support from them in this situation, not resentment and anger."

When the pregnancy was confirmed, the teenager's father allegedly "became extremely angry, was insistent that R.E.K. was not having the baby, and that the decision was not up to her, according to the lawsuit. He stated he was going to take her to have an abortion and that the decision was his, end of story."

The teen claimed in the lawsuit that her parents had taken away her phone, pulled her out of school, forced her to get two jobs and took away her car in an effort to "make her miserable so that she would give in to the coercion and have the abortion."'

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-teen-wins-abortion-battle-150554993--abc-news-topstories.html

I am so glad that God saved that teen's baby. I can only begin to imagine the hurt and pain to think of your child pregnant/or fathering a baby. However, I've never understood the point in throwing them out of the house or doing things like pulling them out of school. I get that the parents feel embarrassed and disappointed, but now there is a baby to think about. Denying their daughter the opportunity to complete her education certainly wasn't going to allow her to have a bright future. I've worked with a teen pregnancy program within the school district where I used to work. It causes much more harm than good to cut these young girls off and then have them forced to depend on the kindness of strangers or the young father's family (who often do not want them or their baby around).

This is interesting....
NEWS

Source:

I can't thank this post enough. Praise God the court stepped in and stopped this. I know a young girl who was forced to have an abortion by her family at 13 and it doesn't just effect one person, it effects all. I will pray that God will take care of this young lady because she stood up against having her baby murdered. This was a lovely post to read this morning :-)

DAY 8 INTENTION

We pray for a renewal of our zeal to offer generous
help to the unborn and their families.

SCRIPTURE

If I have despised the cause of my male or female
servant when they complained against me, what then
shall I do when God rises up? When He punishes, how
shall I answer Him? Did not He who made me in the womb
make them? Did not the same One fashion us in the
womb?

-- Job 31:13-15

REFLECTION by Rev. Rob Schenck, Faith and Action

The ground is level as we stand before God.

Job lived with an awe provoking sense of God's expectation of him, particularly regarding his obligation to care for the weak and needy.

He knew that in God's economy everyone stands on level ground when it comes to our status as God's creatures. Because of that central truth, we must take care of each other.

Job also knew that he didn't deserve any of the good things God gave to him. Instead, those blessings came to Job from God's benevolent heart.

As an extension of that knowledge, Job instinctively linked his obligation to be generous to others to God's kindness toward him.

As in Jesus' parable of the unmerciful servant (Matthew 18:23-35), Job knew that it is an egregious sin to deny to others what we enjoy ourselves.

He actually calls down on his own head severe condemnation and even punishment should he fail to share with others out of his own abundance (see verses 16-23).

Proverbs 3:27 reads, "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so." Some things are so obvious that we don't even need to pray except to ask of God forgiveness and the power to do what so obviously needs doing.

PRAYER

God, forgive us when we try to explain away the
obligation we have to help others who need help.

Enable us to not devalue them because they are in the
circumstance that they are in, but to see them for
what they are, those, who like us, were formed by your
hand in their mother's womb.
Amen.

-----------------------------------------------------
DAY 9 INTENTION

Pray that the post-abortive woman would be repentant,
accept forgiveness, be healed and restored, and bring
glory to God with her new life.

SCRIPTURE

I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have
not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions
to the Lord," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

-- Psalm 32:5

Because abortion is legal in America, many have justified their choice. "If it's legal, it can't be wrong, right?"

We now have an entire generation of men and women who have never known abortion to be illegal; a generation of people who have never been broken over their sin of abortion.

As a result, the consequences of unconfessed sin weigh on their souls, yet they have never connected the dots as to why their hearts are heavy. No wonder we have millions of women who are struggling with depression,
addictions, eating disorders and more.

Post abortion syndrome is very real but recovery begins when the individual agrees with God as David confessed in Psalm 51:3-4, 14, "Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight -- that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when you Judge. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation."

Brokenness is the key to accessing God's glorious mercy and healing. Christ came to heal the broken hearted and He is waiting with open arms to take the
post-abortive woman on a glorious journey of healing and restoration if she will only run to Him.

God will not waste any sin we lay at His feet. Imagine millions of healed and restored post-abortive women like myself singing aloud of His righteousness and giving testimony of His love and forgiveness.

What a day of rejoicing that will be!

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, we have turned our backs on you and
your principles in your Word. We have allowed man to
usurp Your role as God over life and the number of our
days.

But we come to you in brokenness and repentance over
our sin.

We cry out for Your mercy and ask you to remove the
scourge of abortion from our land. Use us as your
vessels, Lord, to bring the light of Your Truth to our
nation once again. Because of Christ we pray, Amen.

DAY 10 INTENTION
May those who hold life as trivial realize that we
live because God wills it so.

SCRIPTURE

Who among all these does not know that the hand of the
Lord has done this, in His hand is the life of every
creature and the breath of all mankind.

-- Job 12:9-10

REFLECTION by Georgette Forney, Anglicans for Life

Job was a man acquainted with grief, trials and tribulation. He had everything taken from him, including his family. He endured sickness, ridicule and judgment from his friends.

Everyone gave him advice about his situation, questioning his spirituality and his God. Job's circumstances were bad but he never loses faith. Why? Because "the hand of the Lord has made all life." Created by God, he knows his life has meaning and purpose, regardless of the circumstances.

In our present culture, we've lost that basic truth; every life is made and allowed to live by God's sovereign authority. As people who pride ourselves on
our independence, we have a hard time acknowledging our dependence on God.

From our creation, when we were knit together in our mother's womb to our last breath, God's word is clear that "in His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind."

It's time for us as individuals, and as a society, to recognize that we exist by God's grace and turn back to Him, honoring His word and His teachings. Why?
Because our world is full of Jobs, people who are dealing with trials and tribulations and hurting desperately.

Job's response should be ours as well. Regardless of what we face (even an unplanned pregnancy) God in His wisdom and mercy will redeem it.

How do I know? Job's friends who doubted God's sovereignty cry out to God asking for help, God instructs Job to pray for his friends and after he does, God restores all that Job had lost.

In other words, because Job never lost faith and knew and trusted His Creator, the Lord blessed Job.

PRAYER

Thank you Father God for being the Creator of my life
and every life. Please give me, and the society in
which I live, an appreciation for your gift of life.

Please help us set aside our pride and acknowledge
that we need you. Show me how I can honor you today in
response to all the blessings you bestow freely. In
the name of Jesus, Amen.

Re: SATURDAY

DAY 11 INTENTION

Pray that people of faith will have their strength
renewed even in the face of the violence of abortion.

SCRIPTURE

The favors of the Lord are not exhausted, his mercies
are not spent. They are renewed each morning, so great
is his faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my
portion; therefore I will wait for him."

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the
one who seeks him; it is good to wait in silence for
the saving help of the Lord.

-- Lamentations 3:22-26

REFLECTION by Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life

The Book of Lamentations, a short book of only five chapters, contains some of the most poignant expressions of human grief.

These verses are used in many Churches on Good Friday, since they can be seen to express a prophecy of the suffering of the Lord and the lamentation of his followers on that dark day.

But in the midst of his grief, Jeremiah writes the verses quoted above. "The favors of the Lord are not exhausted." It is a call to hope that no matter how much violence there is, life will prevail in the end.

Why does he say, however, that God's mercies are renewed each morning?

Because early in the morning, on the first day of the week, the women came to the tomb -- and they found that the events of that morning changed everything.

Christ's victory over death came in the morning, and therefore each day we can renew our confidence that life has the final victory.

PRAYER

Lord, look kindly on your people who weep and mourn
amidst the vast devastation that abortion has brought
upon our land. We cannot even count the children
killed, and the mothers and fathers wounded.

We cannot measure the devastation and corruption
abortion has brought upon the very fabric of our
society. But we declare today that your favors have
not been exhausted, your mercies have not been spent.
They are renewed each morning.

Give us new strength today in the resurrection of
Christ your Son, that we may bear effective witness to
the victory of life! In His name we pray, Amen.

DAY 12 INTENTION

Pray to God who is able to do immeasurably more than
all we ask or imagine, to end abortion in America.

SCRIPTURE

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly
above all that we ask or think, according to the power
that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by
Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.
Amen.

-- Ephesians 3:20-21

REFLECTION by Carmen Pate, a member of
the 40 Days for Life board of directors

God's power working in and through His people is unlimited and far beyond our comprehension when we submit to God's Word and Spirit. He receives glory when we are obedient to His calling and faithfully serve Him in His strength.

Consider God's hand of providence on this nation because of the faithfulness of a few who were totally committed to God and His truths.

It is interesting to note the words of Mother Teresa of Calcutta: "Yours is the one great nation in all history which was founded on the precept of equal rights and respect for all humankind, for the poorest and weakest of us as well as the richest and strongest."

Mother Teresa, in addressing the Supreme Court of the United States said, "Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. I have no new teaching for America. I seek only to recall you to faithfulness to what you once taught the world.

She continued, "Your nation was founded on the proposition very old as a moral precept, but startling and innovative as a political insight that human life is a gift of immeasurable worth, and that it deserves, always and everywhere, to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect."

It is time to restore that dignity and respect. Our God is able. Are we willing to remain faithful until His work through us is done?

PRAYER

God Almighty, Who is powerful and willing to supply,
our hearts cry in unison for You to restore dignity
and respect to human life, not only in America, but
around the world.

Lord, may our hearts remain faithful to your calling,
and may You begin Your transforming work with me.

Keep me ever mindful that with You Lord, nothing is
impossible; without You, I can do nothing. To You be
glory forever and ever, Amen.

NOTE: printable devotions link:
http://40daysforlife.com/docs/spring2013day12print.pdf

DAY 13 INTENTION

We pray for the strength to love those who do not love us.

SCRIPTURE

But the Lord said "You have had pity on the plant for
which you have not labored, nor made it grow, which
came up in the night and perished in the night. And
should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which
are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons
who cannot discern between their right hand and their
left, and much livestock? Should I not be concerned
about that great city?"
-- Jonah 4:10-11

REFLECTION by Dennis DiMauro, Lutherans for Life

God doesn't value people and things like we do.

Jonah loved a shade tree more than an entire city of sinful people. We love our dogs more than a terrorist. We love our cars more than a beggar on the side of the road. And sometimes, we love our money more than a child growing in a desperate teenager's womb.

But God isn't like us. Genesis 1 tells us that humans were the capstone of God's creation.

We were created on the sixth day after God had completed the land, the stars, the plants and the animals. Therefore, His love for us is greater than His love for a plant, an animal, or any other created thing.

And the book of Jonah tells us that He loves even the most sinful people and seeks to bring them into His merciful arms. And it's a love that seeks to touch all of his created children: that desperate teenager, the baby growing in her womb, even tyrants and terrorists.

So it's up to us to imitate God's merciful love by helping and praying for those who persecute us, and those who don't love us back.

PRAYER

Gracious God, loving our enemies seems like one of
most difficult things you could ask of us.

Please remind us that this is how you love and that if
you ask it of us then you will give us the Grace to do
it. This we ask through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Printable devotion: http://40daysforlife.com/docs/spring2013day13print.pdf

DAY 14 INTENTION

Pray for the mothers going into pregnancy help centers.
The personal care, the free ultrasound, the ongoing
practical help is designed to deliver them from those
who profit in shedding innocent blood.

SCRIPTURE

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and
I will give you rest.

-- Matthew 11:28

"You have twins. That will be another $350." She did not speak English. But she finally understood that they were telling her to go get more money and return for her abortion.

She had already given them her rent money. But they were not about to give her a two-for-one deal. They told her to get dressed and return with more cash.

A couple, who was praying outside, comforted her. They brought her to their local pregnancy help center. The staff quickly saw that her personal circumstances were so desperate, and immediate, that they would need direct and ongoing help from local Christians and churches. They started making calls.

Then they did the ultrasound. It showed there was only one baby, not two. This abandoned, immigrant, powerless mother was being exploited. She would do whatever she was told. Who would know? Who would care?

God calls us to "Rescue the weak and the needy; and deliver them from the hand of the wicked" (Psalm 82:4).

When you provide an alternative to abortion you are not only rescuing innocent babies, you are delivering mothers from the wicked: those who profit in the shedding of innocent blood. Pray for those who rescue and deliver daily at your local pregnancy help center.

PRAYER

Father, hear our prayer! Snatch desperate mothers from
the fire. Bring them out of our abortion businesses
and into our pregnancy help centers. Deliver them from
evil. Use us to help them chose life and see your hand
of provision.

Printable devotion: http://40daysforlife.com/docs/spring2013day14print.pdf

DAY 15 INTENTION

Pray that we will not become defeated by the enemy's attacks but rather call on the name of the Lord who is on our side and our help in time of trouble.

SCRIPTURE

What if the Lord had not been on our side when people attacked us? They would have swallowed us alive in their burning anger.
Praise the Lord, who did not let their teeth tear us apart! Our help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
-- Psalm 124:2,3,6,8

The enemy attacks in many ways, but one of his favorites is to slander us with hopes of tarnishing our reputation and character, and ultimately to defeat our good work for the Lord.

It is interesting to note however that it is usually not the slander that causes harm to our testimony, but our response to the slander.

Proverbs 24:10 says, "If you faint in the day of adversity your strength is small."

If we are applying God's truths to our lives moment by moment, we are not swayed by the lies of the enemy and we will be strong. Standing on the front lines, armed with God's truth, places you in the battlefield for the mind.

As you are prepared to present words of love, for the sake of the unborn and for the distraught and confused women and men who are entering the abortion facilities, know that the enemy has prepared his forces to attack your mind.

Unkind words from a protester, or vicious lies in the local paper about who you are and what your mission is, can indeed be hurtful.

But rather than give in to defeat, that is the time to shine for the Lord, standing firm, as you call on Him to defeat the enemy.

Remember the words of Romans 8:31, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Let's stand strong for those who need us most.

PRAYER

Dear Lord, help us to ignore the verbal attacks of the enemy and instead turn to You, our refuge and strength.

Help us to find shelter in the blessed promises and provisions of Your Word.

Thank you that no enemy can defeat us, and we praise You knowing that nothing can separate us from Your love. In the name of Jesus, we come to You, Amen.

Printable devotion: http://40daysforlife.com/docs/spring2013day15print.pdf

DAY 16 INTENTION

May the mystery of the Incarnation increase our zeal for defending life.

SCRIPTURE

Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."

-- Luke 1:30-33

REFLECTION by Randolph Sly

"God has assumed Humanity, joining it with Divinity, and kindled in men's hearts new love of me." These words were written by a Roman poet in the Fourth Century. He spent his life finding ways to express the greatest mystery of the world: the incarnation, in which God became man.

The womb has been referred to as the "first home of the whole human race." It is the place where life begins, where our stories start.

In the womb the great men and women of history began their magnificent march through life. In the womb Divinity met humanity, and God the Son was born into the world.

As one of the Fathers of the early church, St. Leo the Great, declared, "Within her spotless womb Wisdom built itself a house and the Word became flesh."

I was at the hospital for the birth of my fourth grandchild. Looking through the nursery window at the rows of newly born babies, I began to think of the great stories that would be written about these tiny lives.

During his visitation with the Virgin Mary, the angel prophesied to Mary about the life of her child. Here in this hospital, I pondered, what would he say about each of these?

Would they meet the one who also came from His mother's womb to redeem the world and kindle our hearts afresh for God?

I thanked God for each baby alive and prayed for each story yet to be written.

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, you have made the womb of each woman
a very special place.

Help us to hold fast to the sanctity of this first home of humanity, remembering the wonderful mystery, that God inhabited the womb of a young woman and came forth as the savior and deliverer of the world.

We ask this in the Name of the one who came forth, Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Printable devotion: http://40daysforlife.com/docs/spring2013day16print.pdf

Back