30 day bun challenge - Please join me!

Ponytails give me headaches, they always have. I can't figure out why for the life of me. I don't make them tight, i'll loop it around 2x and my head still hurts. I am going to maybe twist my hair up tonight then do a pin up for the next day or so because the ponytail bun is killing me.
is your hair long enuff too just twist around with out using a pont tail holder..i used to do mines like that when it was longer..

How you do this? Was your hair straightened? If not, how did you get the look? It's really pretty.
yeah, that was after the braids and a relaxer that didnt really take..i flat ironed it:rolleyes:..
i let me hair air dry yesterday..and put 2 briads in it..its so puffy..i need to get a sit under dryer asap..

I wanna join please. I have not been using heat already for two weeks. This will be my first challenge so please sign me up!

Man, I would love to bun but it takes so muh work! See, I don't have much hair on the sides and my kitchens are BEEDEEBEE'd! I can't do much about the sides; my hair has been that way since I was a little girl (I gotta do a combover for that section). My nape is on the grow, but it is SO cantankerous when it comes to buns and ponytails. I try to lay them jokers down back there but before the day is over, I'll get an uncircumcised nest of beed's back there!

I think I'm gonna try to bun anyway and MT my nape back to health. Wish me luck.

How's it going ladies???
well, i havent really even been anywhere so my hair has been in 4 plaits, but i tell you, since i have started this regimine of moisturizing my ends and baby'n my hair..i can see how much better my hair feels and looks..i just brought a pibbs dryer, so i am gonna attempt a roller set tomorrow and hopefully my hair will be strait enuff for a bun..right now the air dryng and my hair dont really work well if i am trying to do a bun..my roots are way too puffy, but the good thing is, i am home all day so there is really no need for me to do much to my hair anyways...
do u think i should try and relax again?

I wanna join but I cant officially start till monday because I just got a rollerset and I want to see how the pincurls are gonna last for the next two days.

How's it going ladies???

I don't think I can do this:nono:, my nape hair is fine, the rest of my hair is thick. Pulling my hair up or in a pony is too much stress on my nape area, everytime I pull it up, everytime I rewet it, my nape is like leave me alone:look:! I think my hair will do better if I focus on deep-conditioning, rollersetting or flat-ironing, and minimal combing, etc. My hair is not doing well with air-drying either. I need to cater to the most delicate section of my hair which is my nape.

well, i havent really even been anywhere so my hair has been in 4 plaits, but i tell you, since i have started this regimine of moisturizing my ends and baby'n my hair..i can see how much better my hair feels and looks..i just brought a pibbs dryer, so i am gonna attempt a roller set tomorrow and hopefully my hair will be strait enuff for a bun..right now the air dryng and my hair dont really work well if i am trying to do a bun..my roots are way too puffy, but the good thing is, i am home all day so there is really no need for me to do much to my hair anyways...
do u think i should try and relax again?
How many weeks post are you? What condition is your hair in? Sounds like you have a lot of new growth if your roots are very puffy :grin:

I don't think I can do this:nono:, my nape hair is fine, the rest of my hair is thick. Pulling my hair up or in a pony is too much stress on my nape area, everytime I pull it up, everytime I rewet it, my nape is like leave me alone:look:! I think my hair will do better if I focus on deep-conditioning, rollersetting or flat-ironing, and minimal combing, etc. My hair is not doing well with air-drying either. I need to cater to the most delicate section of my hair which is my nape.
If it's detrimental to your hair health then I would definitely abandon ship :) I had to take a break from this challenge for a few days because even loose ponytails give me headaches :ohwell: So I washed my hair twisted it up over night then did a medium blowdry w/ the comb attachment to dry it the next day and wore my hair in a stretched twistout for about 3 days to give my head a break. I'm back to the ponys/buns/etc now. I can't wait to see what condition my hair is in in 2 more weeks :)

If it's detrimental to your hair health then I would definitely abandon ship :) I had to take a break from this challenge for a few days because even loose ponytails give me headaches :ohwell: So I washed my hair twisted it up over night then did a medium blowdry w/ the comb attachment to dry it the next day and wore my hair in a stretched twistout for about 3 days to give my head a break. I'm back to the ponys/buns/etc now. I can't wait to see what condition my hair is in in 2 more weeks :)

Thanks. I bet your hair will thrive. I am trying to establish a nice routine for myself that will get me to apl.

My hair has grown since my avatar pic in Sept. Its now to the bottom of my neck so i should be able to bun it so count me in starting this weekend!

I wore my hair in the prettiest updo today, several people were in awe though truth be told they really shouldn't have been. It's cute but it aint that cute. Anyway, I'm so happy that my hair is getting a little break :yep:

How many weeks post are you? What condition is your hair in? Sounds like you have a lot of new growth if your roots are very puffy :grin:
I think its only been 2 weeks, but what happned was..i had some relaxer left over and i thought i had enuff to do my whole head and it wasnt, so i had to use it sparingly with led to more of a texlax so its not a good look at all...i think i will wait it out another week or 2 and do a relaxer then...:perplexed

I just got a relaxer and a cut today so I will try to do this for the next month starting Monday, I have to enjoy my new do for a minute.

Only 1 more week to go ladies :) This wasn't as tough as I expected but I look forward to wearing my hair sleek for a few days.

How's it going for you?

I would like to join but I have piggy tail, I'm trying to make a bun but not good at it. My hair is multiple of brown with redish brown highlights.:nono: I'm newbie to the site obviously have not figure out how to post my pic

ltown

Last edited:
I would like to join but I have piggy tail, I'm trying to make a bun but not good at it. My hair is multiple of brown with redish brown highlights.:nono: I'm newbie to the site obviously have not figure out how to post my pic

ltown

Welcome ltown :)

You can do updo's to:) Anything to keep your from flatironing your hair and keep your hair protected was the point of this 30 day challenge.

Your hair has really grown!

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Thanks Hopeful. :grin: Your hair looks wonderful. How are you liking being texturized? I plan on taking the plunge around the holidays.

Bre/Fabulosity - Same question to you... How do you like being texturized so far? I took a break from my bun for a week and got my hair flat ironed. :look: I took a mental health day from work and decided to get my do did. I just washed and twisted wet hair today though. I'm gonna try to do an updo from a twistout. If it doesn't work out, slick bun here I come. :lol:

dayum that 30 days went fast huh?
I brought a relaxer and i am about to do a corrective probably tomorrow...but it went pretty good..

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Thanks Hopeful. :grin: Your hair looks wonderful. How are you liking being texturized? I plan on taking the plunge around the holidays.

Bre/Fabulosity - Same question to you... How do you like being texturized so far? I took a break from my bun for a week and got my hair flat ironed. :look: I took a mental health day from work and decided to get my do did. I just washed and twisted wet hair today though. I'm gonna try to do an updo from a twistout. If it doesn't work out, slick bun here I come. :lol:

Yes Glam I was peeping your sig yesterday. Your hair is coming along so well!!! I am sure that at your length you should be able to come up with some cute updo options.

I like being tex'd so far :) But, it's only been exactly 8 weeks since I took the plunge. It has definitely made my life easier as far as styling is concerned. But my new growth right now is psycho! :lachen: Especially in the crown/middle. I have stopped cowashing so much now that i'm 8 weeks post. Doing the buns/updo's for the last few weeks hasn't been so bad. I'm looking forward to seeing how much growth i have in another 4 weeks. I'll then decide to touch up or stretch another few weeks.

Yes Glam I was peeping your sig yesterday. Your hair is coming along so well!!! I am sure that at your length you should be able to come up with some cute updo options.

I like being tex'd so far :) But, it's only been exactly 8 weeks since I took the plunge. It has definitely made my life easier as far as styling is concerned. But my new growth right now is psycho! :lachen: Especially in the crown/middle. I have stopped cowashing so much now that i'm 8 weeks post. Doing the buns/updo's for the last few weeks hasn't been so bad. I'm looking forward to seeing how much growth i have in another 4 weeks. I'll then decide to touch up or stretch another few weeks.

Thank you! How did you do your updo? So you plan to retouch every 12 weeks or so? Does your new growth look noticeably different than your texed hair? Do you get reversion when you wear it straight? Sorry so many questions I just want to make sure I cover all bases before I give him the green light. I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm fed up with my hair. :ohwell:

Back