30 day bun challenge - Please join me!

:lachen:Okay so does that mean I can join? Please, please, pretty please:grin:.

Have you seen Tracey's bun videos?
Here's the thread she started recently: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=5920571#post5920571

She has really inspired me to want to do buns and updos:yep:.

Of course you can :hug2:

no, I haven't seen her bun vid's. I will have to come back in the next few days and take a look. She has pretty styles but i'm assuming the updo's are on flatironed hair right?

I wanted to use heat today too. I've been wearing my hair straightened this week and it's starting to look blah, I almost reached for the flat-iron, but instead I got out a squirt bottle, doused my hair with water, then s-curl, then miracle oil moisturizer (mom), sealed with oil, then slicked my hair back in a sleak ponytail, it looks really pretty. I didn't bun but the ponytail was way better than using heat.

I wanted to use heat today too. I've been wearing my hair straightened this week and it's starting to look blah, I almost reached for the flat-iron, but instead I got out a squirt bottle, doused my hair with water, then s-curl, then miracle oil moisturizer (mom), sealed with oil, then slicked my hair back in a sleak ponytail, it looks really pretty. I didn't bun but the ponytail was way better than using heat.
I cowashed and slicked my hair back today too. but I tucked my ponytail in to make a bun. We are going to be so happy after this over and our hair will have gotten a much needed break:) If I can do this for 30 days, I will then wear my hair straight for a week then go back to ponys/buns for another 30 days. I want to see how much I can retain through the end of the year.

chile, i am still taking these ole ratty braids out, but i am almost finsihed so i will be a day or so late starting with yall, but i am still in the mix!

I cowashed and slicked my hair back today too. but I tucked my ponytail in to make a bun. We are going to be so happy after this over and our hair will have gotten a much needed break:) If I can do this for 30 days, I will then wear my hair straight for a week then go back to ponys/buns for another 30 days. I want to see how much I can retain through the end of the year.

:yep: Our hair will be happy. I like the plan to go straight for a week then ponys/buns/updos for another 30 days:).

Your bun looks great in your sig. I am sure you did it with heat though huh?

Thanks. That was done after a rollerset and saran wrap treatment no flat iron or anything. I have no problem staying away from direct heat (blowdry, curling/flat irons) but if I have to stay away from indirect heat with my hooded dryer I may not be able to participate. The only way that I can air dry good is with the curlformers and bun from there. I guess my question is can we use hooded dryers for roller sets?

Thanks. That was done after a rollerset and saran wrap treatment no flat iron or anything. I have no problem staying away from direct heat (blowdry, curling/flat irons) but if I have to stay away from indirect heat with my hooded dryer I may not be able to participate. The only way that I can air dry good is with the curlformers and bun from there. I guess my question is can we use hooded dryers for roller sets?
Yes :yep: and thanks for answering my question about your pretty bun

I got a few pretty hair things from Target today. A set of hair sticks, a large claw clip and some other thing that i can't really explain. I found some Pantene relaxed and natchal deep conditioner there too so I was estatic :) Are we on day 29 yet? :look: :lachen:

chile no..i am taking briads out right now...but i will be finished tonite..between caring for the baby and cooking ect..i cant get these braids out as fast as i want too..but tonite it is!! About 10 monre too go!:look:

I know you will be relieved to be done. Good luck.

Today's bun. Post your bun pic...I'm running out of ideas:ohwell:

2ey7sbn.jpg
[/IMG]

I know you will be relieved to be done. Good luck.
girl, i sho was! but i had too cut off some hair and trim it down to shoulder length, my hair was all uneven and longer on one said than another, it broke off terribly while i was pregnant, i guess due to the pregnancy and neglect as well so i am basically really starting at square 1 with shoulder length hair again..:perplexed..but its a new beginning and i am gonna really put a good foot forward into my hair from now on...anyways..here is todays bald headed bun..:look:...a side bun..

100_2320.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2318.jpg

I guess I'm also joining by defualt b/c I'm part of the Hide Your Hair challenge till the end of December. This week I'm wearing my kinky curly phony pony in a bun, and I'm getting lots of good feedback.

Ponytails give me headaches, they always have. I can't figure out why for the life of me. I don't make them tight, i'll loop it around 2x and my head still hurts. I am going to maybe twist my hair up tonight then do a pin up for the next day or so because the ponytail bun is killing me.

girl, i sho was! but i had too cut off some hair and trim it down to shoulder length, my hair was all uneven and longer on one said than another, it broke off terribly while i was pregnant, i guess due to the pregnancy and neglect as well so i am basically really starting at square 1 with shoulder length hair again..:perplexed..but its a new beginning and i am gonna really put a good foot forward into my hair from now on...anyways..here is todays bald headed bun..:look:...a side bun..

100_2320.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2318.jpg
How you do this? Was your hair straightened? If not, how did you get the look? It's really pretty.

100_2320.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2318.jpg

Oooh your bun is pretty! And you are so not bald-headed at all:nono:. I had to get a good haircut after having my daughters too. It's like it grew in really long in some areas and broke really bad in others. Now you have a nice fresh start.

I will post some of my pics soon too.

Back