30 day bun challenge - Please join me!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am going to wear updo's and buns on non flatironed hair for the next 30 days starting tomorrow. It may not be a big deal but i've not gone 30 days without heat and I really would like to try it to gain all the benefits of no straightening.

Anyone up for just 30 days of buns/updo's without straightening? Heat is fine for for dc'ing etc, but specifically no flatironing, pressing of the hair, etc.

I am hoping at least a couple of people join because I would really like the support :)

ETA, the challenge starts 10/20.

List of participators:
Fabulousity
Civic4800
Christelyn
Mz Jodi
Kyna323
Sugarose
Sunny Delight
Junonia
Ms Fadu
Simply Cee
LadyD2U
LunadeMiel
Luvsmuhgrass
Assumertyme
Dalgal
AVE One
Gdivant
Hopeful

Last edited:
I'll join. I've been bunning for the last four weeks and haven't used direct heat and so far I'm liking the results! This is the first time ever that I've gone more than 2 weeks without flatironing/curling/applying heat to my hair so I want to ride this out as long as possible:yep:

ETA: I do flatiron my roots after my ponytail rollersets

Last edited:
Well, I'll be joining you by default because I'm part of the 1-year bun challenge posited by another member. I'm basically doing the same thing, with the exception of occasionally french braiding instead of bunning to prevent mechanical hair loss and roller-setting bangs (no heat, wet set, of course)

I'll join. I've been bunning for the last four weeks and haven't used direct heat and so far I'm liking the results! This is the first time ever that I've gone more than 2 weeks without flatironing/curling/applying heat to my hair so I want to ride this out as long as possible:yep:
Sending you a pm

I definately want to join. I've started bunning 2 weeks ago. I'm almost 8 weeks post and I'm trying to stretch as long as possible without heat.

I'm in too. I was thinking about doing this anyway until I get my highlights done. So I'll be doing this too... YAY!!!

Thanks ladies for the support!

Day 1 is today and i've busted out one of my flexi-8's that I haven't used in quite some time. I twisted my ends up and threw on the clip. Nice and simple :yep:

I'm in! I'll bun up longer than 30 days. The winter in MA is brutal on my hair so I start protective styling as soon I have to break out the sweaters. A 30 day challenge will be a nice start.

Ladies, bunning is the TRUTH. I have been bunning my hair since Nov/Dce 07 and i have to say that it has allowed me to reach BSL from starting at so what of SL. At times i would get bored with just bunning my hair, but at the end i was very pleased with bunning. Lastly, i plan to bun until i reach my hair goal, which is MBL!

So GOOD LUCK with the 30 day Bunning Challenge!

Good luck ladies. I have been bunning since March '08 and have had great success. I am in another challenge, and I will be bunning my hair until October '09.

Ladies, bunning is the TRUTH. I have been bunning my hair since Nov/Dce 07 and i have to say that it has allowed me to reach BSL from starting at so what of SL. At times i would get bored with just bunning my hair, but at the end i was very pleased with bunning. Lastly, i plan to bun until i reach my hair goal, which is MBL!

So GOOD LUCK with the 30 day Bunning Challenge!

Good luck ladies. I have been bunning since March '08 and have had great success. I am in another challenge, and I will be bunning my hair until October '09.

How are you guys able to bun so long without going nuts?? :spinning: I see the results that AngelDoll has and it's incredible :)

I will join u, i am just still trying to get the same braids out of my head so i can begin bunning...hopefully i can get them out by today... but how do you guys get your hair strait after a shower without heat?

Fabulousity to answer your question. when i first started bunning, I HATED IT. However, when i saw the results from bunning, i told myself i will be bunning until i reach my hair goal. My hair and i love bunning.

Plus i enjoy knowing that under my boring everyday bun i am my way to HEALTHLY STRONG MBL. So whenever, i think along those line, i sit back and smile.

SO IF I CAN BUN FOR THE PAST 8-9 MONTHS AND REACH BSL, SO CAN YOU AND THE OTHER LADIES IN THIS CHALLENGE.

GOOD LUCK,
Trinistarr

i dont know how to rollerset at all, i have tried and i am terrible at it...when you say twists, do u mean like a 2 strand all around the head?

Yes, do 2 strand twists to airdry in and then take them down when dry. Your hair should have a twist out texture that you hopefully throw into a bun :)

Today I wet-bunned since I washed my hair before work.
I pretty much have bunned everyday for the last 2 years, so with this challenge I am going to try and find new ways to make bunning more interesting (ie accessories, different bun styles, ect).

Count me in too! I was in a bun under my phony pony today. I've been bunning weekdays out on weekends since I joined in Sept. This will be a good starting challenge for me - 30 days straight.

Back