2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Lol, I'm tripping out over here! Everything that Rene over at Komaza Care said would happen when I follow her regimen is coming to fruition. Big, long and healthy hair...my hair was uber big when I blow dried it, shocking.

I use Zint Collagen Hydrolysate (bovine/beef). I order straight from their website, it is non gmo, rBGH free, no additives, and from grass fed bovine.

I here Great Lakes brand is excellent as well.[/QUOTE}

thank you! I decided to go with another brand that is cheaper because i just want to try it out first. but it's collagen from beef. i might need to re-read that komaza thread. i feel like her tips will really benefit my hair too.

I bought a cheap ampro gel from the grocer. I guess it has a ton of glycerin. I used it last week and it kept my hair moisturized all week. This may definitely help my retention.

I took my twist down today, moisturized and reapplied the gel.

I will wash this weekend and repeat the process.

I decided today would be the day I flat iron my hair just to to see what's going on with it. The last time I had heat on my hair it didn't turn out to well, it was hard, dry, dull and ugly and wouldn't get straight. Well after six plus months of deliberate changes to my regimen, I'm happy to report that my hair got straight! It is healthy and hydrated!

Also I thought I'd mention that I'M SHOULDER LENGTH!!!!! I'm so shocked because I've been doing regular trims this entire time! I expected a nice length but not this,

Sorry but I'm not doing any reveals until our official length check so no pictures. I don't like my hair down because it makes my long face appear longer. It's now in a cute & effortless updo AND I didn't have to stretch and pull my hair to make it happen.

Doing my happy dance...almost makes me want to be a straight hair natural...ALMOST, lol.
I missed this! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

I just washed and dc'ed my hair. I really don't feel like going back in the shower, so I took my plastic cap off, and replaced it with my scarf. I will rinse this out in the morning.
I mixed Keracare Humecto with Silk Elements Mega Silk in the tan jar. I sat under the dryer for 20 mins. Hair feels nice and moisturized, but strong.

Oh and I'm just going to keep my hair in a bun and put shea butter on my ends 2-3 times a week.
I'm basically shoulder length but I have a lot of layers. I need the hair at my crown to touch my shoulders by the end of this year!!!!
That's what I'm working on too! My hair grows in layers and having to drastically trim my hair, made the layers more pronounced.
Congrats on being SL! I was going to wait until Friday to wash my hair, but it feels a little dry, (weighed down) I want to deep condition. I don't wanna keep adding on products. I have my hair in a scrunchie right now. I use a clip or spin pins at night.

I didn't wash my hair yesterday. I gave myself a scalp massage with my oil blend. I put on a plastic cap for 2 hours, then I put my scarf back on, since I was too tired for wash day. I put the plastic cap back on today for an hour. My hair still feels really soft, but I will wash tonight, or tomorrow.

i can't take the protective styling anymore. i neeeeed to see my own hair out. so i took my kinky twists out, washed and now i'm sitting with a DC in my head. I'm not sure what i'm going to do after this...maybe blowdry and attempt a twistout? it's getting too late to be jazzy :lol:

What length are you now ?

I'm currently neck length

Natural / texlaxed /transitioning ?

I'm natural .

What's your plan to reach SL :

I plan on doing scalp massages , taking my biotin religiously. I recently purchased MSM so I will be adding that to the equation. I will probably add the GHE method to my regimen .

What's your regimen :

I wash my hair 2 a week with sulfate free shampoo and always deep condition .
I do a protein treatment every 2 weeks and follow that up with a moisturizing deep condition . I don't use any heat . I moisturizer and seal daily with a glycerin/castor oil/ alkaline water spritz and seal with mustard oil or coconut oil. I have my hair braided under my wigs which are my protective style.

How will you celebrate when you get to SL :
I will have my hair pressed and wear it out for a week and probably post TONS of pics.

Anything else you want to share ?

My nape is giving me so much trouble , I would appreciate any tips you ladies my have to make it grow.

Attachments

• IMG_6978.JPG
    IMG_6978.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 45
So I guess here is a length check from me. I blowdried and flat ironed. I guess I am kinda neck length? I will post one pic of my mini fro and then one straight. It has no kinda shape and I don't think I will cut right now. Probably going right back in the weaves :look:

No complaints from me at all about my growth...I shaved my head bald in June. In fact, I might throw in a pic of that for good measure.

Last edited:
View attachment 389447 View attachment 389449 View attachment 389451 So I guess here is a length check from me. I blowdried and flat ironed. I guess I am kinda neck length? I will post one pic of my mini fro and then one straight. It has no kinda shape and I don't think I will cut right now. Probably going right back in the weaves :look:

No complaints from me at all about my growth...I shaved my head bald in June. In fact, I might throw in a pic of that for good measure.
I like that last style. I love how you rock short cuts. I loved them when I was relaxed.

Back