2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

I just used the Jakeala flax conditioner as a cowash and had the same response...Meh. I used the Dope DC the other day and it was also Meh. The only things I like so far are the Nappy Butter Cream and the Silky Hair Oil. I don't think I'll be buying much else from her again.
Me neither. I already made up my mind that she will not be going on my repurchase list as well.

@Jade Feria @Aggie
I only use(d) the Flax Conditioner as a Cowash and I only mix the Dope DC w/her Sweet Honey Hair Thang for "Best Results" for both products.:up:

Love the Silky Oil and the Green Tea Hair Oil:lick:

Sorry you both found the things you used....Meh

About to use Obia naturals babassu deep conditioner. I'll probably do a few hours without heat and one with heat before I rinse it out.

-Last night I Prepooed/Detoxed overnight with J. Monique's Naturals Dead Sea Mud Wash
-Detangled with AVJ and EVOO mix
-Today I henna'ed my graying roots
-Maybe followed by Indigo
-Co-washed the henna out with NG Jamaica Me Crazy Deep Conditioner
-Deep Conditioned - APB Marula and Honey Moisturizing Conditioner
-Leave-in - NG Sweet Plantain Leave-in Conditioner

Last edited:
Yes, I really like both of them. I like the scents, moisture retention, and slip. I use the Restore and Repair Mask once a month as a medium protein treatment.
I see you've edited your note. It's okay though because I understand completely about reducing your stash. I'm working on reducing mine just as you are.

Last edited:
I see you've edited your note. It's okay though because I understand completely about reducing your stash. I'm working on reducing mine just as you are.
Lol! Yes, I'm trying to KISS for 2017, but no issues with SSI at all. One of my favorite product lines.

I washed twice with Herbal Essences Color me Happy and did a 90 minute DC with Kerastase Densite and Lait Vital.

My hair was buttery soft and easy to detangle. I love this combo!

Last edited:
Overnight DC with APB PMM, with coconut and avocado oils on ends. I used the PMM last Tuesday and it left my hair looking and feeling really moisturised. I also returned to rinsing oil through my hair after my clay wash.

Today I am:

Texlaxing
with Affirm Fiberguard relaxer (mild) using the whole relaxer system from Shampoo to Deep Conditioner
Using Chi Silk Infusion on my ends for protection
Demi-Coloring
with Matrix Volume 10 and Color Sync Black Ash with Absolute Perfection in the mixture for added protection of my hair.
Deep Conditioning to finish with Sarenzo's Pumpkin Deep Conditioner
Leave-In - NG Sweet Plantain Leave-In Conditioner

Not sure if I will be bunning but I want to for a week before plaiting down to wear under my wigs.

Today I am:

Texlaxing
with Affirm Fiberguard relaxer (mild) using the whole relaxer system from Shampoo to Deep Conditioner
Using Chi Silk Infusion on my ends for protection
Demi-Coloring
with Matrix Volume 10 and Color Sync Black Ash with Absolute Perfection in the mixture for added protection of my hair.
Deep Conditioning to finish with Sarenzo's Pumpkin Deep Conditioner
Leave-In - NG Sweet Plantain Leave-In Conditioner

Not sure if I will be bunning but I want to for a week before plaiting down to wear under my wigs.

Hey @Aggie,
When are you going to change your siggy statement? You are now WAY past being that sexy shoulder length lady. I think it is time to update!

Back