2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing overnight treatment with 1 tbsp Amla, 1 tbsp neem in a base of Amla oil. Will wash out in a few hours then deep condition with my olive oil conditioner mixed with Amla oil. This is my first time doing an overnight treatment.

DC overnight with AOWC and coconut oil on roots.

Today I will clay wash (I'm going to steep some marshmallow root and hibiscus for this now). Feeling the urge to henna soon:lick:.

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & hot shea oil.
DC'd with a mix of Ynobe Amla & Nettle and Brahmi ayurvedic powder.
R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.

Last edited:
@MileHighDiva
Surprisingly it worked extremely well. I may use it again next wash day. :eek:

Although it's a little too expensive to be dumping it on my head.:look:

I have notice Non-I in a few hair products recently haven't you?

@MileHighDiva
Surprisingly it worked extremely well. I may use it again next wash day. :eek:

Although it's a little too expensive to be dumping it on my head.:look:

I have notice Non-I in a few hair products recently haven't you?
I just saw an ad for It's a 10 in InStyle with noni fruit oil. :spinning:

This is my first time seeing noni oil for hair.

Attachments

• 20160917_145541.jpg
    20160917_145541.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
Trying the Amla powder mixed with water as a paste today. Will rinse, poo and deep cond with Dabur Amla oil afterwards. Still applying vatika oil to the scalp nightly and doing massages.

ETA: I was worried my hair would feel dry after rinsing out the Amla paste (since it hardens) but it was very soft and the curls were defined. I will continue to use the Amla powder like this. :yep:

Last edited:
How does Kaolin compare to the other clays that you've used?

It's definitely not as hard as bentonite and Rhassoul, but it does clean well without leaving you hair feeling stripped. I was worried because a lot of reviews make it seem as if Kaolin doesn't clean at all but I felt it cleaned well enough and that's what I wanted.

It's a bit harder to play with because it's finer than Rhassoul, and I will keep using it, but I definitely like it a little better than rhassoul for just getting rid of little buildup. I'm not using heavy butters right now, so I don't need deep cleaning.

It's definitely not as hard as bentonite and Rhassoul, but it does clean well without leaving you hair feeling stripped. I was worried because a lot of reviews make it seem as if Kaolin doesn't clean at all but I felt it cleaned well enough and that's what I wanted.

It's a bit harder to play with because it's finer than Rhassoul, and I will keep using it, but I definitely like it a little better than rhassoul for just getting rid of little buildup. I'm not using heavy butters right now, so I don't need deep cleaning.

Ahh it's more conditioning. This renews my hope for getting similar results to the SM purification mask.

Did an overnight Henna treatment with coconut milk and then mountainroseherbs hendigo in medium brown with salt added. Also made a garlic and green tea for my scalp since it worked well last time and used it with the overnight henna and again as a rinse after the DC. I think next time I may add onions to this as well. Then I oiled my scalp with hempseed oil.

My scalp feels tender, which is because I had the henna on during the day as well. Gonna stick to overnight only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back