2015 APL/BSL Challenge

I'm postponing my beginning pics. I was going to do it next week since I usually press my hair for the holidays but my work has me scheduled every day except Wednesday and I will be cooking pies that day.

Join the Challenge
Current hair length: SL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning- almost natural
Goal Month: December APL
Current Reggie and styling choices: co-wash during the week. Shampoo once a month. wear stretched styles
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Nothing really. Just maintain their
Post a beginning picture

oh Lord I think I might be installing mini braids in the next couple days. I think it will be a great protective style for the next couple months. This will be my first time doing this but if it's anything like extension braids then I will retain alot. Just not looking forward to the install :ohwell:

I shampooed and conditioned my weave this past weekend. Seemed to help quite a bit with the tangling. I cant afford really nice hair right now, so im thinking about wearing a half wig for awhile. Anything to keep my hair tucked away. Ill take this hair this weekend. Maybe. Since I said the same thing last week lol

oh Lord I think I might be installing mini braids in the next couple days. I think it will be a great protective style for the next couple months. This will be my first time doing this but if it's anything like extension braids then I will retain alot. Just not looking forward to the install :ohwell:

Yay! Now I won't be the only one talking about mini-braids lol

Dont forget your pics when you do! :look:

Omg I tried them once. But with 80+% shrinkage they looked like little nubs. So pathetic. :nono:

Dont forget your pics when you do! :look: Omg I tried them once. But with 80+% shrinkage they looked like little nubs. So pathetic. :nono:
if I can find a pic, I will show you mine! They were tiny shrunk to about 2 inches! But my hair is very coily, so they looked like finger coils.

I want to give coconut oil another try. I have used it before and I liked it when I was relaxed. It would make a great prepoo. I will pick up a jar next time I go to the grocery store. I love that it is a multipurpose oil. I can use it on my hair, skin and it tastes great too :yep:

Eta I got the Nutiva brand coconut oil from Gnc today.

Last edited:
other_preach_gif.gif

I'm done Lord!!

ETA these are mini twists. They were quicker than braids

Attachments

• 2014-11-22 11.33.13.jpg
    2014-11-22 11.33.13.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 2014-11-22 11.32.36.jpg
    2014-11-22 11.32.36.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Took my microlink sew-in down and cowashed my hair with AIA coconut cowash and HE Hello Hydration. Will get another traditional sewin today maybe.

Weave taken down. Eyeballing has me at about half an inch past APL. Im not getting excited tho. When I do an official full blown length check in March, I will need a trim of about an inch or so. Just want to be still past APL afrer my trim

I'm in and very excited about this journey.:grin:

Current hair length
  • A little past shoulder length
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning
  • Natural 100%
Goal Month
  • June 2015
Current Reggie and styling choices
  • I am wearing wigs for now and braiding my hair underneath.
  • I wash and deep condition on a weekly basis
  • I use Elasta QP mango butter & castor oil to moisturize
  • Deep condition with Giovanni or Aubrey Conditioner
  • i baggy occastionally
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?
  • i plan to be more diligent on my weekly conditioning
  • make sure i keep an eye on my edges due to wearing wigs
Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• length check nov 2014.jpg
    length check nov 2014.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 61
Looks lovely! Did you dye it yourself?

Yes ma'am I just used 30 vol developer with powder first and then a box dye. I didnt use the developer that comes with the dye. Can't remember which one...if I remember I'll let you know.

Eta- and thanks sis

It was dark and lovely golden blonde.

Last edited:
I'll be wigging it out from next week .

For those who wear wigs how do you get your hair underneath to lay flats ?

Like others have said wear hair underneath in 7-12 braids. Also if I'm lazy I will wear my hair down with a wig cap on the crown or gather all my hair in loose bun or braid going horizontally. Then place the wig on top.

yes. After I rinse out my dc. Oil rinsing is my last step. Even after I cowash I follow up with an oil rinse. I apply in sections then rinse with hot water followed by cool water.

And what does that do? I do an oil rinse before washing hair. Do you do both or only afterwards?

Back