2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here and I'm ready to set it off!!! :lol: :yay:

We will have been together 8 months in 2 weeks. :wow:

During the NYE party, he asked me if I was going to spend the night. He's been asking me since our 2nd week :look::rolleyes:.

He asked: you gonna spend the night? looking like --->:ohwell: :sad: To something like --->:trampolin::Blush2::clapping:

I'm more man-like in that I divide sex from intimacey almost entirely so he knew what that yes meant--I told him long ago. I havent shared intimate sleep space with a man in almost 4 years. I did not sleep a damn wink. Strange beds and me dont agree. LOL. It was very comfortable emotionally, though.

He's been sending a barrage of texts. I guess letting me know (annoyingly) that he's not going anywhere since I took that leap.

2014 is gonna be a good year! Leaving those losers I dated in the beginning of 2013 right where they are....in the trash!!

SO is the most amazing, loving, caring man. He loves me so much I can hardly believe it. This one will not get away!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

The 18th will mark me and my boyfriend's year and a half :)
We're planning to move in together after his lease is up in July to a 2 bedroom apartment. That way I can live off campus and we split costs.
I'm kind of worried about it but it'd be easier living with someone in terms of money. Going to school FT makes it hard to pay bills with PT money :(
Anyway, we'd be together for 2 years this July so it shouldn't be too bad. We know a lot about each other.

The 18th will mark me and my boyfriend's year and a half :)
We're planning to move in together after his lease is up in July to a 2 bedroom apartment. That way I can live off campus and we split costs.
I'm kind of worried about it but it'd be easier living with someone in terms of money. Going to school FT makes it hard to pay bills with PT money :(
Anyway, we'd be together for 2 years this July so it shouldn't be too bad. We know a lot about each other.

And you'll find out even more once your under the same roof. Lol.

Uh ohhh lol

It's not that bad if you really know each other. My SO and I did ldr for a year and we were 8 hours apart. It's like you pick up where you left off from the last visit. Nothing is a surprise. I think that if people keep up appearances then it can be a shock. The biggest thing is making sure you have me time.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Uh ohhh lol

myhairgrowstoo I didn't mean that in a bad way :)

I was speaking more of living habits. Like my SO likes listening to the TV at deafening levels sometimes and putting the cap on the toothpaste is a foreign concept lol.

Like tinkat said, make sure you get that me time too. But I'd would say also to address what is making you worried about it before signing a lease.

Last edited:
I'm having a wonderfully relaxing week visiting my SO and his family. We had New Years dinner with his parents, and his brother's family. Everyone is so sweet. 2 more days left before we return to reality of work and city life.

ugh he is sick and getting on my nerves. i'm off tomorrow so he came over to visit without telling me that he was coming down with a cold. "oh its just a little cough, all i need is some nyquil and tlc" :rolleyes: he is over here hacking and groaning looking like he wants me to baby him. im so close to sending him home. i just handed him lysol spray can....:look:

He asked: you gonna spend the night? looking like --->:ohwell: :sad: To something like --->:trampolin::Blush2::clapping:

He's been sending a barrage of texts. I guess letting me know (annoyingly) that he's not going anywhere since I took that leap.

And I thought he was finally giving me a break today :rolleyes: a few hours of silence then boom! Here come the messages again. Lol. I guess all he needed was that one nonsexual act act of intimacy. That was the go ahead... hope its not unleashing a monster :look:

Aww you ladies are so funny. I hope to have someone to post about here soon. 2013 was a up and down year with the guys but oh well. I know Mr. Right is still out there.

It's really cute when you realize someone is smitten with you.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm finally at the lovely point people talk about where you feel totally at ease with your man. I really like this level of comfort with someone

Had to reschedule our counseling appt because he has the plague (I call every sickness the plague lol, he actually has the flu) now I think I'm catching it.

I'm helping a young married couple at work and neither knows where the other is from. Lol

Last edited:
Had such a good week with SO. I got back from the holidays with my family on Monday. He picked me up from the airport. When we got home, he had dinner cooking....kahlua pork! So yummy! I love coming home to that delicious smell.

For New Years, we decided to cook dinner at home and just go out for a couple drinks. We ended up at a couple small bars and it was perfect. Toasted midnight with sake instead of champagne. I couldn't have planned a better night.

On Thursday, we did a bunch of things that we did during our first few dates. Lunch at the same place, the zoo, art museum. So nice!

We spent a lot of time hanging on the couch napping and watching movies with our puppy laying next to us.

We were together every waking moment from Monday night until Saturday morning and it was heavenly. I never get tired of being with him.

He said he's not going anywhere and I believe it. Now, I just wait for the ring.

I go back to work tonight and he leaves to go back to work tomorrow. I'm gonna miss him but it'll only be 4 days apart.

I think my boyfriend has been reading the Bible. Since before we have started dating he has considered himself a nonbeliever. The last couple of times that I have used my ipad after him the Bible is an open app, I hope he is thinking about converting....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Another one is about to bite the friggin dust. The year just started!

So I'm on the phone with someone that has been interested in me for the past two years or so. I finally decided to give some play. He has many qualities that I like but he has jerk tendencies. Because of his tendencies I'm usually rather mean to him. But lately I said I'm going to be serious about getting engaged this year. He's cute, nice car, nice house, great job and for the most part we get along. I just know he can be real stink and usually when I sense him getting annoying I end the convo, lol.

So I have been very nice to him for the past month or so because he has been checking himself for a while now. Anywho I'm looking online for a new protective style (weave) and he's all up in my business. Then he goes 'as long as you don't do that happy sh*t I'm good'. Excuse me sir?! I really don't care if you like my hair or not, but don't be rude! He's on timeout at the moment and it may be indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back