2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on the Ensley Beauty Supply website and they are having a sale and the shipping has been lowered, I don't need anything....did I say I need nothing but I want to buy something so bad.....shame....I want to try the Nairobi Recovery line....I don't need anything.....shame some more....

Yes, I should have taken time each wash to keep my roots detangled, It was a monster trying to get the relaxer applied and because of that I lost a lot of hair while rinsing. I wont make that mistake again....even if I do go natural....I am seriously contemplating this I want it but then again I want to be a successful relaxed head first....I am rambling..

I have that same story from my last relaxer so I'm trying desperately to avoid it. I'm 9 weeks post and want to be a big girl and stretch to 16 weeks but like you, I lost a lot of hair. In order to avoid it, I'll have to thoroughly detangle from root to tip every week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have that same story from my last relaxer so I'm trying desperately to avoid it. I'm 9 weeks post and want to be a big girl and stretch to 16 weeks but like you, I lost a lot of hair. In order to avoid it, I'll have to thoroughly detangle from root to tip every week.

Lightly going over your hair with the flat iron might help too. Got that from @ divachyck. Also I have my hair in. Four sections. For each section, I section off a small part and detangle. It takes longer, but I can get to the roots better. I plan on stretching again. I'm really trying to go for more thickness

Lightly going over your hair with the flat iron might help too. Got that from @ divachyck. Also I have my hair in. Four sections. For each section, I section off a small part and detangle. It takes longer, but I can get to the roots better. I plan on stretching again. I'm really trying to go for more thickness

I know she have me that same tip and like a fool, I thought I wouldn't have too. I know better now. I'm going to have to go back to the basics and stop being lazy. I use to wash in four sections like you suggest but stopped...herein lies part of the problem I guess. Thanks!

I soooo admire you ladies that can stretch for long periods of time. I can only make it to 8 weeks and it's terrible. :( I always try to keep going but I think it's impractical for me.

Luprisi baddison divachyk, Luprisi, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, pre_medicalrulz

Checking in!

I've been super lazy with my hair lately! :nono: Since I relaxed bone straight, my roots are still straight-ish and I don't have to do much.

I really need to get back in here to get inspired. How are ya'll?

Hanging in there. Been applying NJOY's growth concoction regularly, 3X's per week. NG...is starting to have some teeth. Just PS'ing til December really. I think I'm at BSL already, but I'll just hold off til the end of the year for the great reveal!!:grin:

Congrats EnExitStageLeft!!!!!
sunnieb I am still working on getting to APL and knowing my hairs needs, protein/moisture balance, styling with less manipulation, etc. I struggle sometimes wanted to relax, but really wanna stretch to keep my thin strands as thick as possible before chemically processing again (if that makes sense). I'm trying to hold out till December, but Sally just keeps calling my name! LOL I am feeling good though and have been getting compliments almost daily on How long my hair is getting. Even though it's not super long like some of you Diva's here, I'm retaining better than I ever have before. So glad I'm here! Excited to see where I go!

@Luprisi @baddison @divachyk, @Luprisi, @DominicanBrazilian82, @Nix08, @Cherry89, @Jobwright, @pre_medicalrulz

Checking in!

I've been super lazy with my hair lately! :nono: Since I relaxed bone straight, my roots are still straight-ish and I don't have to do much.

I really need to get back in here to get inspired. How are ya'll?

Lazy isn't even the word chile @sunnieb. I haven't relaxed at all yet. I'm 27 weeks on Saturday. I have been blow drying, flat ironing and wrapping. Hair has held up pretty well. Havent been doing much DC'ing or pre-pooing, but all that I did before is helping my hair maintain moisture; which I must admit is doing really well. I will relax, not transitioning like @EnExitStageLeft... although I probably could at this point. Will relax when I have the time and strength.

I will be doing my 2-Step this week. Most likely Wednesday. I'm gonna try to do them every 6 weeks. I may relax the week after that. But we will see.

Last edited:
naija24 Last day of this month... or as close to that as posible. Good luck girl on self relaxing.

JudithO okay cool. I haven't stretched to 10 weeks in more than a year so it would be interesting to see how my new growth looks at that stage. For me, I don't trust myself self-relaxing unless I have a crap ton of very obvious new growth. And I want to be skimming shoulder length next time I relax.

So okay, I'll aim for November 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back