2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 12 weeks and was contemplating transitioning then i remembered that i want to master relaxed hair first. I won't tu till right before my birthday Nov 30 @ 18 weeks

I want to EVENTUALLY transition to natural:yep:. My hair is 3C/4A. I actually like my natural texture, but I loooove the look of sleek hair:grin:. Its just so much more effortless to straighten your hair when its already chemically treated. But going from relaxed to natural without big chopping is just to much to deal with. And big chopping is too drastic for me:nono:. So I am texturizing/texlaxing and one I get to at least MBL, I will be thinking about transitioning. The difference between my natural hair and texturized hair is more similar.

Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam KiWiStyle, shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hi everyone. Just wanted to let ya'll know I am texlaxing (probably more texturizing) now and protective styling in sew-ins. I will do this for a whole year (until October 2014) to retain ALL the growth...no trims whatsoever. I have finally learned how to properly care for sew-ins. I'm literally getting no breakage during take-down! Just thick lushes hair. I want to be MBL by the end of 2014. Im currently 4 inches away......WL is 7 inches away. I was inspired by reniece's you tube video. All those beautiful heads of hair got me going crazy right now. My hair is doing great. Its thicker and stronger...and growing wonderfully. I am also back to APL :) I just got a new sew-in last week and I'm loving it. Will do my last touch up in December and post year end pics. HHG

Congratulations!! I'm going to be doing the same thing, PS with weaves for 2014. I'm glad to know it's working for you:)

xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

As much as I hate to admit it, I am love, love, loving me some SD! I ordered some condish during a sale earlier this month and that stuff is creamed gold! I love everything I've tried except the WG Butter-I think I'm allergic, it makes me itch like crazy and min to really that fond of the scent. The scent and feel of the other products I've tried is delish and my 15-week post hair loves them! I'm not in danger of texlaxing any time soon even though I've got about 2 inches of crazy lookin new growth. Even with the new growth, I can actually feel my scalp. I'm going to go as long as I can stand it, can't say its a transition but I think it's as close as I'm going to come to one.

Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam KiWiStyle, shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hi everyone. Just wanted to let ya'll know I am texlaxing (probably more texturizing) now and protective styling in sew-ins. I will do this for a whole year (until October 2014) to retain ALL the growth...no trims whatsoever. I have finally learned how to properly care for sew-ins. I'm literally getting no breakage during take-down! Just thick lushes hair. I want to be MBL by the end of 2014. Im currently 4 inches away......WL is 7 inches away. I was inspired by reniece's you tube video. All those beautiful heads of hair got me going crazy right now. My hair is doing great. Its thicker and stronger...and growing wonderfully. I am also back to APL :) I just got a new sew-in last week and I'm loving it. Will do my last touch up in December and post year end pics. HHG

Another texlaxed in the group!! I'm glad your hair is doing great, can't wait to see your WL texlaxed/natural hair!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe As much as I hate to admit it, I am love, love, loving me some SD! I ordered some condish during a sale earlier this month and that stuff is creamed gold! I love everything I've tried except the WG Butter-I think I'm allergic, it makes me itch like crazy and min to really that fond of the scent. The scent and feel of the other products I've tried is delish and my 15-week post hair loves them! I'm not in danger of texlaxing any time soon even though I've got about 2 inches of crazy lookin new growth. Even with the new growth, I can actually feel my scalp. I'm going to go as long as I can stand it, can't say its a transition but I think it's as close as I'm going to come to one.

LOL, you'll start texlaxing too. I am definitely going to snag some SD in a few weeks, which products do you recommend. BF sales are coming up and I want to be ready...my husband is going to be like, SWIPER, NO SWIPING, LMBO!

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe As much as I hate to admit it, I am love, love, loving me some SD! I ordered some condish during a sale earlier this month and that stuff is creamed gold! I love everything I've tried except the WG Butter-I think I'm allergic, it makes me itch like crazy and min to really that fond of the scent. The scent and feel of the other products I've tried is delish and my 15-week post hair loves them! I'm not in danger of texlaxing any time soon even though I've got about 2 inches of crazy lookin new growth. Even with the new growth, I can actually feel my scalp. I'm going to go as long as I can stand it, can't say its a transition but I think it's as close as I'm going to come to one.

Do you think you can do another 6 month stretch?

Let me know if you want to get rid of that SD Wheat germ butter conditioner:)

Congratulations!! I'm going to be doing the same thing, PS with weaves for 2014. I'm glad to know it's working for you:)

I am thinking of this again, I do my own sew ins so I can change it up but I have not been in the mood to sit down and actually do it. I am loving using this MTG and I cant see a sew in lasting while using it. I could do curly hair but the hair I would want costs a grip and I don't want to invest. Maybe a wig. Will we have a challenge with this challenge? LOL

I am thinking of this again, I do my own sew ins so I can change it up but I have not been in the mood to sit down and actually do it. I am loving using this MTG and I cant see a sew in lasting while using it. I could do curly hair but the hair I would want costs a grip and I don't want to invest. Maybe a wig. Will we have a challenge with this challenge? LOL

Yes, I'm down for a mini challenge:)

What kind of curly hair do you want? I want some curly hair, too.

I need to research this MTG you keep talking about.

xu93texas

Yes Ma'am I did :). I ended up getting this one.....

ALLSTAR_1_600-130717123750.jpg

Its the Freetress Equal Invisble Part All Star Wig. I had some extra bucks on my paypal and decided on this instead of some more SD's. Lord knows I don't need anymore of that (stocked for years):lol:.

xu93texas Yes Ma'am I did :). I ended up getting this one..... Its the Freetress Equal Invisble Part All Star Wig. I had some extra bucks on my paypal and decided on this instead of some more SD's. Lord knows I don't need anymore of that (stocked for years):lol:.

It looks great ! I can't wait to see it on you. Still waiting for the braid out too :)

Yes, I'm down for a mini challenge:)

What kind of curly hair do you want? I want some curly hair, too.

I need to research this MTG you keep talking about.

The Bobbi boss soul wave I'm wearing in my avi.

Mane tail groom got rave reviews on the board for growth most ladies hated the smell. I got a floral scent and added fragrance oils and its not bad at all...to me

LOL, you'll start texlaxing too. I am definitely going to snag some SD in a few weeks, which products do you recommend. BF sales are coming up and I want to be ready...my husband is going to be like, SWIPER, NO SWIPING, LMBO! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
SWIPER...LMBO...I highly recommend the Vanilla Silk Cream MD conditioner...this stuff is DA BOM! It smells like dessert and makes my hair so so soft. I love the Almond Buttercream because it gives my nappy hair great shine and refreshes the dessert scent every day. I also bought the Destination Hydration but I haven't tried it yet.

Do you think you can do another 6 month stretch? Let me know if you want to get rid of that SD Wheat germ butter conditioner:)
I'm not sure that I can look crazy for that'll one again but I'm 15 weeks today so who knows. I only have about a third of the WG condish because it's fine if I don't let it touch my scalp so I've been using it with other conditioners and only on the ends. You planning on a stretch?

xu93texas

Yes Ma'am I did :). I ended up getting this one.....

Its the Freetress Equal Invisble Part All Star Wig. I had some extra bucks on my paypal and decided on this instead of some more SD's. Lord knows I don't need anymore of that (stocked for years):lol:.

Please post pics when u wear it. I've been eyeing that wig for the longest time...

Please post pics when u wear it. I've been eyeing that wig for the longest time...

Will do! I was going to get fame, but All Star just looked better. I may go back for fame if all star works out though :yep:

Has anybody ever done plain ole' ceily braids under there u parts? I can't cornroll and I would hate to have to bug my mom every 2-3 weeks.

SWIPER...LMBO...I highly recommend the Vanilla Silk Cream MD conditioner...this stuff is DA BOM! It smells like dessert and makes my hair so so soft. I love the Almond Buttercream because it gives my nappy hair great shine and refreshes the dessert scent every day. I also bought the Destination Hydration but I haven't tried it yet.

Cool! I'm all out of my moisturizers and really good conditioners so I plan to try SD in lieu of my beloved Qhemet Biologics. I hope I'm equally satisfied.

I'm not sure that I can look crazy for that'll one again but I'm 15 weeks today so who knows. I only have about a third of the WG condish because it's fine if I don't let it touch my scalp so I've been using it with other conditioners and only on the ends. You planning on a stretch?

Yes, I want to stretch as long as possible, eventually I want to transition with weaves. I've had two weave consultations in the last 10 days and the consensus is I need to retain about 2 more inches in the back/nape area in order to have a secure braid foundation. (The pains of growing out a bob cut:(

Yes, I want to stretch as long as possible, eventually I want to transition with weaves. I've had two weave consultations in the last 10 days and the consensus is I need to retain about 2 more inches in the back/nape area in order to have a secure braid foundation. (The pains of growing out a bob cut:(
Been there on that one with the bob...I entertain the thought of transitioning about every 6 months, then I get over it because my natural "curls" are not cute! How many weeks are you now?

I think I want to end my stretch at 10 weeks. These broken hairs are freaking me out!! Plus once I relax I can try out this inversion method everyone is talking about!!

Been there on that one with the bob...I entertain the thought of transitioning about every 6 months, then I get over it because my natural "curls" are not cute! How many weeks are you now?

Only 7 weeks post. I love my natural curls, it's the two textures that are hard to deal with around 17-18 weeks post for me.

sunnieb, I'm 8 weeks post and all is well thus far. I allowed my hair to get a little dry last week but it's good this week.

Ladies, dh tells me I should stop fighting the naturally curly. I love my waves. I stare at them in the mirror often when they are showing through around weeks 8+. I just can't stretch worth nuffin.'

How are you ladies doing?
Luprisi baddison sunnieb, Luprisi, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, pre_medicalrulz

divachyk - right behind ya!! I'm 9 weeks post and this ng is really coming in tight and coily - especially right in the middle of my head. smh! So, buns and braids are the order of the day until the December touchup @ 18weeks post. The weather is starting to get a bit chilly, but still enjoying my Wednesday co-washes in the am. :yep::yep:

I am 9 week post. I realized that I cannot do roller sets until after my next relaxer in December at 18 weeks. I tried to roller set this past weekend and my new growth was not having it. At this time my hair turns out so much better when I air dry so that is what I will do.

Will do! I was going to get fame, but All Star just looked better. I may go back for fame if all star works out though :yep:

Has anybody ever done plain ole' ceily braids under there u parts? I can't cornroll and I would hate to have to bug my mom every 2-3 weeks.

U could try flat twist. For me they are much easier than cornrows.

I tried it. I'm gonna relax at 10 weeks. I'm getting breakage :(

I'm gonna go to a salon, although I really don't want to, because I don't trust myself to do it. Maybe I could, but the pictures of folks doing it themselves usually have people with longer hair than me. I'm skimming SL (I can finally say that yay).

So suggestions on how to prep either 1) my own hair if I DIY or 2) my hair if I went to the salon. My roots are really straight from my blowout so I don't know how to know where my new growth ends without getting my hair washed, which I can't do obviously.

The only video I've seen where it looks okay is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bCf3NCjDtm4

naija24

I just relaxed today at almost 36 weeks post. I thought I was going natural but I was manipulating my hair way too much for my liking and not seeing the retention I would have liked. I'll go all the way day, just not now.

All that to say I relaxed myself at grazing shoulder length hair. I stopped smoothing at 12 minutes and started rinsing. I love my results! At this length of hair, I found having 6 sections already separated helped. Try not to stress out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back