2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
checking in. have been applying my mix every other day.
MrsGrant2011 i have been taking garlic supplements and i think it helps me a lot with the shedding. what i have noticed is when I first start using the mn that the shedding starts and then after a few weeks it slows down substantially.

Is anyone protective styling for a few days at a time. I want to remember to do this every other day but I also want to leave my buns alone for a few days also. If anyone has gotten around the problem LET ME IN! :grin:

Only thing I can suggest is applying only to your edges or to areas you can get to without disturbing your style. I do that sometimes. A lot of ppl who apply just to their edges to regrow them end up with all over growth anyway, so you can give it a try.

checking in. have been applying my mix every other day.
MrsGrant2011 i have been taking garlic supplements and i think it helps me a lot with the shedding. what i have noticed is when I first start using the mn that the shedding starts and then after a few weeks it slows down substantially.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a shot for the remainder of this week into next week to see if there's a change.

You all are doing such a great job of checking in! Out first official check in is in March...we should have some great results!!!

Having my hair in these twists keeps me from taking a sneak peek :-)

Checking in... Consistently putting my mix in every other day. I'm experiencing no shedding, I have garlic in my mix and I take a garlic supplement daily. Haven't done any length checks but new growth is definitely coming in :yep:

Hello MN ladies,
I have the Monistat 7 combo pack that comes with the external cream. I noticed it is also MN 2% so I was wondering if I can use that(the external anti-itch cream) as well or should I stick to the tube that's to be used internally?

Last edited:
Hello MN ladies,
I have the Monistat 7 combo pack that comes with the external cream. I noticed it is also MN 2% so I was wondering if I can use that as well or should I stick to the tube that's to be used internally?

I use both. I just apply that 2% directly on my scalp for about 2 weeks and then used the 4% prefilled applicator in a mix. Some people just mix the 2% with 4% in a mix.

hi ladies! I finally got some cooch cream! :lol: Will be applying tonight full strength since it was so cheap. got it from Wal-Mart,the store brand. I also braided my hair in single braids so I'm ready!

Hey, Im still in. Waiting to get some monistat.. Im very anxious because it helped with growth in the past... c'mon paycheck..!!

Checking In:

I will be applying my mix tonight ... noticing a little bit of growth since starting up with MN again. I am hoping that my mix of exercise and MN will give me the big pay off that I am looking for!!!

I hope you all are doing well ...

Ladies I have a question
I started co-washing my hair everyday because of my workouts, I'm doing the wash at night. My question is it's ok to apply the mix when the scalp is wet? I just applied my mix now (it has sulfur and cayenne pepper oil also) is the first time in my life i feel a tingling sensation.

So is it ok? if was a lot easier to apply it tonight.

Ladies I have a question
I started co-washing my hair everyday because of my workouts, I'm doing the wash at night. My question is it's ok to apply the mix when the scalp is wet? I just applied my mix now (it has sulfur and cayenne pepper oil also) is the first time in my life i feel a tingling sensation.

So is it ok? if was a lot easier to apply it tonight.

Yes I've applied while the scalp is wet. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Ladies just checking in. Sunday will officially be 4 weeks using mn. Can't wait to see some results

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Going on my weeklong hiatus now because I plan to relax next week. My new growth is just out of control with the MN! I bought some garlic supplements. I guess "odorless" didn't mean it was tasteless as well. >.< Ugh.

Checking in I have been applying MN mix every other day. Today I got a sew-in and my SIL did it in a manner I can't really get to my scalp easily without a small nozzle/spray tipsTonight I put it on my edges and nape. I might need to make another batch that's less creamy so I can squirt between the rows or I might just stick with my edges and nape.

I posted pics in a thread about shedding, the consensus was that I had normal shedding. I think tea rinses, AE garlic and the garlic oil treatment and pills are working. I may change my MN mix and not use Mega-tek (may use 4 overnight DC).

Hey ladies! Nothing new to report. 3 weeks in twists tomorrow. Time to cowash and Restyle. Still being consistent alternating between MN mix and liquid gold sulfur. Twists still look neat and Im not seeing a whole lot of new growth, but I am seeing some new hairs all around my edges which is great. I can't really access my growth until I take these down.

Going on my weeklong hiatus now because I plan to relax next week. My new growth is just out of control with the MN! I bought some garlic supplements. I guess "odorless" didn't mean it was tasteless as well. >.< Ugh.

i am so scared of garlic pills! how often do you use MN? i think when i start, i will only use it once a week or a day before wash day. i don't want it to dry out my hair.

i am so scared of garlic pills! how often do you use MN? i think when i start, i will only use it once a week or a day before wash day. i don't want it to dry out my hair.
shortdub I use it every other day, or sometimes on consecutive days if I remember. But when I first started, I only used it a couple of times a week.

Checking in with my MN report. Still applying MN, not as consistent as before, but still applying it about 3-4 times a week.
I can only hope that their is new growth, as I can't tell. I will have to wait another month and a half before length check. I don't think my hair grows that fast, so I am hoping this will boost it up. At least a little. I am almost out so I will be needing another batch shortly.

Quick check in.

I have had my hair cornrowed since Jan 13 and been putting MN between my parts about every other day. Somedays I put MN/MTG mix in that I made a while back (kind of strong smellingt though). Cornrows are already getting way fuzzy. I have been wearing a wig over them for the past week. I think I am going to keep it cornrowed for a while. Trying to see how long I can stretch without loosing my mind (so far its been 3.5 months and counting..)

Hey ladies checking in I've been doing ok with applying my MN. Although I am trying to apply every day I miss a day here and there however I did apply I believe that last 2 or 3 nights and I definately will be applying tonight!

Questions: Is anyone applying every directly every night and noticing a difference? or even just applying directly at all ?

jprayze how much growth did you attain last year from using MN? I tired peeking at your pics but I couldnt really tell.

HHG PPLZ!

Hey ladies checking in I've been doing ok with applying my MN. Although I am trying to apply every day I miss a day here and there however I did apply I believe that last 2 or 3 nights and I definately will be applying tonight!

Questions: Is anyone applying every directly every night and noticing a difference? or even just applying directly at all ?

@jprayze how much growth did you attain last year from using MN? I tired peeking at your pics but I couldnt really tell.

HHG PPLZ!

I started MN directly every night when I first started and did it for a few months. I saw results very quickly directly and I didnt have any headaches. The only reason why I mix now is I was following up with oils after applying the MN anyway.

I would say in 9 months, I netted about 3.5 to 4 inches. I had 3 trims in that time period. I guess the biggest challenge is keeping the ends in check to retain the most length! I'm worked on PSing more towards the end of 2012 and now for 2013. Anyway, here's a pic of my very first pic when I started MN last March and my last length check in December 2012.

SN: Before I started using MN, I felt like my hair wasn't growing at all...even though I knew it was, it didnt look like it. Hope this helps!

march2012.jpg

12232012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back