2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about PCOS hair loss and MN, but I will say I think MN works better at increasing length and thickness versus regrowing hair that is lost. My hair grows longer and thicker but it's taken forever for this small bald spot I have to regrow again. I'm just starting to see little hairs.

jprayze

thank you!!! how long have u been using MN?

@jprayze - my compliments to and thank you for carrying this challenge into 2013.

I would like to join but I won't - mainly because of commitments and time coupled with the fact that I joined last year's challenge and did not finish it:sad:. "Life" kept me otherwise engaged.:spinning:

Last night after I saw this thread - I jumped in my car, went to a local 24 hr chain and purchased two tubes of 4%. It was VERY expensive but I know if I didn't buy it then - it would take forever for me to remember to buy it. I came home, mixed it with Sulfur 8 hair/scalp conditioner (a.k.a hair grease :lachen:) , applied it and massaged my scalp. What I realized tonight is that I would have to take my braids apart each night to apply the MN/Sulfur 8 mix , over manipulating my hair. So tonight I made a different mixture, consisting of oils (MTG, EVCO, EVOO, Bhaharanji, Brahmmi and Sesame oil) to use on days when I won't take my braids out.
One (or several) of the many things I did the last 6 months of 2012 gave me very good thickness and growth and I hope to re-discover what it was and start growing again.
So I guess I am an unofficial challenger.

HHG to all!

Thank you and Welcome! (unofficially:grin:)

Ladies who do not shed while using MN, what brand MN do you use? Where do you get it?? I'm hoping there will be a distinct correlation here between product manufacturers and non-shedding.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ladies who do not shed while using MN, what brand MN do you use? Where do you get it?? I'm hoping there will be a distinct correlation here between product manufacturers and non-shedding.

I use the target or Cvs brand. And experience no shedding.

So ladies, in how many weeks have you notice some growth? I think i might be crazy but i think my hair a little bit longer. Haven't had a real messure but pulling my hair in the front is near my chin and it was below my lip in the starting pictures. Could that be possible? Am i just to anxious? haha I started applying it in the beginning of the month, like 4-5 times per week.

Last edited:
Checking In:

Applied my MN mix last night. After I apply, I throw on a plastic cap, a doo-rag (to hold the cap in place and to protect my pillowcases), and a bonnet. I leave the plastic cap/doo-rag on while exercising the following morning, hoping that the steam does something extra.

I notice that after using MN for the first time in a month that I felt light tingling on my scalp. They weren't as strong as the first time I ever used MN, but I felt something. It feels like there's something crawling on my scalp- don't trip, I don't hallucinate, that's how my scalp reacts. After using it consistently, I don't feel noticeable tingling (going from past experience.)

I will be applying MN again tomorrow night and will check in then.

I hope you all are doing well …

So ladies, in how many weeks have you notice some growth? I think i might be crazy but i think my hair a little bit longer. Haven't had a real messure but pulling my hair in the front is near my chin and it was below my lip in the starting pictures. Could that be possible? Am i just to anxious? haha I started applying it in the beginning of the month, like 4-5 times per week.

Taina, I don't think your crazy. If you started applying a couple weeks ago, you could very well be seeing results. I think quite a few ladies have had a similar experience if I'm remembering correctly. I'm happy it's working for you!

HHG!

Taina, I don't think your crazy. If you started applying a couple weeks ago, you could very well be seeing results. I think quite a few ladies have had a similar experience if I'm remembering correctly. I'm happy it's working for you!

HHG!
Thanks. I will meassure at the end of the month to see if the growth is consistent or more than usual. I'm so exited! :blush:

When I first started, I saw noticeable growth in just 11 days! And that's why I still use it! So you are not crazy at all.

I use Target and so far no shedding.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

I've used both generic and brand, no shedding. Sometimes one or the other has mineral oil if that makes a difference?

I've used both generic and brand, no shedding. Sometimes one or the other has mineral oil if that makes a difference?

I don't know. I've always used the Monistat 7, it doesn't have any mineral oil. I'm wondering if I should try generic brand or just a different brand altogether.

Last edited:
I don't know. I've always used the Monistat 7, it doesn't have any mineral oil. I'm wondering if I should try generic brand or just a different brand altogether.

Yeah maybe try a genetic and see how it goes.

Ok that's the basic difference...most generics have mineral oil.

I used the generic brand (equate from Walmart) and my hair was shedding like crazy, I washed my hair and did a black tea rinse. I haven't seen so much hair come out since I started my HHG process. I am wondering if its worth it for me to continue. I will post my pics with the hair shedding.

I used the generic brand (equate from Walmart) and my hair was shedding like crazy, I washed my hair and did a black tea rinse. I haven't seen so much hair come out since I started my HHG process. I am wondering if its worth it for me to continue. I will post my pics with the hair shedding.

I would stop for now and get the shedding to stop.

I was trying to find the reason for ladies they are prone to shedding with MN. Are more relaxed ladies shedding than natural?

For all those that did shed in my research. It was unanimous-- they used garlic in their mixes and some also used garlic shampoos and conditioners. Also some some took garlic internally.

I've also been using the Walmart Equate brand and I see no extra shedding. I just pick it up from wherever I happen to be shopping. This week I'm back to Target's Up&Up brand. I will be on the lookout for extra shedding, but so far so good.

It's been a little over three weeks for me with daily application. I will check for growth next week.

I was trying to find the reason for ladies they are prone to shedding with MN. Are more relaxed ladies shedding than natural?

For all those that did shed in my research. It was unanimous-- they used garlic in their mixes and some also used garlic shampoos and conditioners. Also some some took garlic internally.

I didn't use garlic until after I noticed shedding, to stop the shedding.

Ok so i did do a quick length check on my longer side. It is 9 inches. I think that is probably a half inch of growth in only 3 weeks. Now that i have a solid measurement i will do another check next month. Seems promising.

Man it's seems easy to start slacking and getting lazy with this stuff. I missed 3 days in a row. Not a major big deal but I've never gone that long without applying.
Will definitely be re-applying tonight.
Not being able to notice any new growth could be part of the reason.

Is anyone protective styling for a few days at a time. I want to remember to do this every other day but I also want to leave my buns alone for a few days also. If anyone has gotten around the problem LET ME IN! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back