2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

ojemba I am definitely a bit disappointed in the ordeal yesterday when I say locs of hair. Imagine pulling a little section where all the hair is still together like a patch of follicles came out. :nono: HUH so sad.... :bighug: thanks so much for understanding.

It was at the roots matted in the middle, only part not matted was the ends until I combed the mat to the ends. :nono:

So Lots of hair lost. I am going to slow down on my wigging for 6 months for sure! I might half wig it but not corn rows. I am going to flip it up with a pin and toss a half wig or wear it up in a pony. My hair needs to thicken up and More TLC will be needed.

I have noticed a lot of SHEDDINg not breaking. Shedding from my roots. My hair is half the density it use to be. It is sad!

JJamiah

Oh no, I'm sorry your hair is shedding but it can be stopped don't get discouraged. I have 2 suggestions hope on of them works.
try doing a protein treatment then follow up with a moisturizing DC.
or try cutting/crushing some garlic into olive oil or coconut oil and massage your scalp with it, then wait 15 minutes and wash it out with something that smells good. Those work for me when I have shedding. Also to help with thickening it up to where it was castor oil scalp massage. HTH

Here is my starting pic.

Also, I got my hair braided yesterday. I'm gonna keep them until their fuzzy. When they do get fuzzy, I'll probably wear a wig over top or simply just get them redone.

Attachments

• Length 12-15-11.jpg
    Length 12-15-11.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    Braids & Bare Escentuals (Medium Dark N40) 12-15-11.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 32
@JJamiah

Oh no, I'm sorry your hair is shedding but it can be stopped don't get discouraged. I have 2 suggestions hope on of them works.
try doing a protein treatment then follow up with a moisturizing DC.
or try cutting/crushing some garlic into olive oil or coconut oil and massage your scalp with it, then wait 15 minutes and wash it out with something that smells good. Those work for me when I have shedding. Also to help with thickening it up to where it was castor oil scalp massage. HTH

Thanks Lucia it isn't shedding normally. It matted up at the roots as I went to sleep with conditioner and was to wash it out in the morning didn't and waited till the night, the roots was matted and the middle, so as I was detangling locs of hair came out, it was a mess i watched the mat comb down to the ends where it came out handfuls of hair :( :nono:

I did trim it afterwards but it still looks so bad to me.

So your the second person who suggested Caster oil I am going to try it out. Thanks so much :) I appreciate it :)

Hi Ladies, just checking in, I'm still walking around with 8plaits in my head but tomorrow I think I will putting in twists

Ok I tackled my hair again last night. End of the year love. I did a henna, indigo, steam condish, trim again as i flat iron my ng a lill. (I had lots of shedding during each step... Grrrrrr! It's really time for some braids) I put in some big Bantu knots and went to bed. This am I m&s and took this pic as my official starting photo.

I'll probably bun next week!

a6937e4d-9e10-d0ca.jpg

Ms_CoCo37 I'll definetly take a pic when I wash again, I'll try to flat iron my ng to get a better idea of my current length. Thanks for the support. I'm going to need lots during the next year as I tackle this transition.

My regimen temporarily changed. I won't be wigging it maybe until April 2012. I am upping my protein as this has always kept my hair strong, the decrease isn't positive.

I am also going to evaluate my hair in April to see if I want to relax or wig it up. Right now I am in a bun, and I think I'll find other ways to PS my hair until my hair gets thicker. My trims will be every 3 months. I am hoping to see good results in 4 months.

Dropping out of this one since I plan to wear my hair out on the weekends now. Joined the twist/braid/bun challenge instead.
HHG ladies!

i want to join this challenge. I have to get a trim, pictures, and then follow the dots on posting a picture.....

So I'm so screwed with my hw of choice, I put it on last night to make sure it looked ok....Noooooo! This was supposed to be my everyday wig... Now it looks like ima have to go buy another one... Jeez this stuff is expensive

camilla, your name has been added to the list. :grin:

felic1, you're more than welcome to join! Just click thanks in the first post and I'll add your name to the list. :yep:

davisbr88, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :nono: JK, I understand. Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. But, I'll leave your name on the list just in case you change your mind and want to come home. :grin:

JJamiah, that sounds like a good plan for thickening up those lovely locks. Switch up your PSs and trim a little quarterly.:yep:

Dropping out of this one since I plan to wear my hair out on the weekends now. Joined the twist/braid/bun challenge instead.
HHG ladies!

davisbr88 twist outs and braid outs are still considered hiding your hair. You're not showing your true length with them.

Anywho...here's my new wig. Love it!! Got so many compliments on it last night.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Attachments

I've decided to join today. I just think it is easier to care for my hair. Unfortunately, I am not the most skilled at twisting, so it often looks like an amateur did it.:ohwell: My hair did thrive in twists, though.:yep:

Last edited:
Ok, I'm officially ready for this challenge! I got my sew in installed today
443f917b-844a-6edd.jpg

The pic is from my iPad so it's not great but it's something lol

I'm in again for the third time. I just been maintaining length this time around (ssks are kicking my a$$) but I want to reach mbl by 2012.

NaturalBeauty<3 don't feel bad davisbr88 she was my partner too :nono: she just dropped me like I was hot :look:

Had me all souped up with months of plans LOL then all of a sudden :drunk::drunk:

on another note I am going to Half wig it I dug through some of my things and found a half wig never worn so. I wore that and got a thumbs up from the Mr.

The Doctor who is (me) says I need to use my NExxus Emergencee every other week. :) and Half wig it until I go back for a follow up LOL

I will be buy a few half wigs about 6 for the year more or less. Don't need a super stash. I figure 6 is enough and I do wear them for the summer as it keeps my hair up off my neck and the Half wig hair isn't hot. :) I wore Vera in Florida :) :yep: in the Summer of month of July.

I am looking at Outre mostly and they have to have a Matt look to them. I don't want any SHINEY half wigs I just don't........

Half wigs allow me not to put to much stress on my hair. I figure I got to waist before with ease doing this long time ago. AND my hair was very full, still thin but I had more hair. :) So I am praying to get those strands back. I think when I do consider doing the wig and lace fronts again. I will not NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT keep my braids in longer then 2 weeks.

Some of the half wigs I was looking at, I know you didn't ask but I want to offer my input anywho... LOL :giggle:

Outre

Amber
Evony
Yasmine
Valentine

And instant weave hz 7074

What tha-?!?! You were my partner Dimples! @davisbr88 *shakes fist* :lol:

@NaturalBeauty<3: Oh yeeeeeeeeah! Okay, I'll come back! I'm just going to use allllll of my passes this time... lol.

This should be pretty easy since I don't plan to straighten my hair in a very long time. I will have to use a couple of my passes to update my other challenges but I still will not straighten it. Hoping to be SL by June!!

Ms_CoCo37 Please add me to the list. Thanks!!

hey all, im still going strong with my half wig. i got a question for all though.. i took the combs out like suggested and have been using pins but i feel like those are more harsh then the combs. and it felt way more sturdy with the combs. I feel like the wig is just gonna slide of. Anyone use the combs in the half wigs without damage?

Back