2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

I really need to learn how to wet bun my hair. My hair is pretty much CBL and I still don't know how to do it :lol:

I think I will take a lesson from you girls and start bunting more often! I also thing I'm going to twist a lot...!

I'm going on vacation for spring break and I'm trying to figure out how I want to hide my hair during this time... I'm thinking mostly buns... I'm most likely going to use one of my passes during this time as well.... Hmmm!

I think I'll join this go around since my hair is mostly hidden anyway. I didn't join the second one this year cos I was just lazy about it. I will be doing mostly twists (with and without extensions), crochet braids and buns as soon as I can make my hair cooperate.

I will post pics in 2 weeks when I wash and straighten my hair.

So today I went out and bought the Vanessa La Apple wig to get me through this challenge. I'll be between this wig and my kinky twists extensions.

Saw a SUPER cute indian remi two tone wig today that I am just dying to get...but not for $260 so I found the synthetic version of it for MUCH cheaper. Told you I'm cheap :giggle:

Will be watching you ladies from the sidelines:yep:.
:

Okay, I know I said I would be watching you ladies but I feel like I'm missing something by not being a part of this challenge. I am afterall, hiding my hair anyway, sooooooooo, I'm in:grin:!

Please add me! Thanks. Here is my starting pic
Oops, messed up here it is:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
NikkiQ, me likey! That's going to look really good on you. Especially with those gorgeous cheekbones.:grin:

OT: That mannequin head looks like a real person. I did a double-take.:look::lol:

@NikkiQ, me likey! That's going to look really good on you. Especially with those gorgeous cheekbones.:grin:

OT: That mannequin head looks like a real person. I did a double-take.:look::lol:

me too when I first saw it! :lachen: I should be getting it by the end of this week so hopefully I'll have pics for you guys. It's a LF and 22" long so I'll rock it for my girl's birthday party this weekend. Gotta swang with them yt girls :lol:

im so down for this!!! my SO is not going to be happy but he dealt with me in a years worth of weave im sure he can deal with my in a half years worth of half wigs/ phony ponys.
By my birthday i guarantee i will be the longest length i have ever been in my life!!! lets get this started!!!
Ill post my starting pic on dec 31!

^^^Hi Janet'.

I hendigo'ed my hair yesterday and slept with an overnight DC last night. I will be getting my hair weaved tomorrow as my HYH style for about 6-8 weeks. I'll take about 2 weeks break to properly treat it and have it weaved up again for another 6 weeks I think.

Last edited:
I am still hiding :) :sick: and still feeling like crap :cry3: HUH, I have to wash my hair this weekend and I hope I feel a little better or all plans for me going crafting are canceled :( again :(

Just checking in. Enjoying not worrying about my hair in these kinky twists. I usually oil my scalp at night, and then just spritz after oiling or in the a.m.

Okay so Since my exercise week is off my Bday week in January, I am going to definitely use my curl formers that weekend as well :)

I want to get a nice curly doo and go out on a nice Date :)

day one of my phony pony... i feel a bit strange but oh well ill get over it. my ends are baggied underneath. I keep reaching up to check that the puff is still there.
Question for the vets, do you guys take the combs out the phony pony? i know to take them out of the half wigs and such but i thought that was just because of the edges. Do you think the combs in the phony will damage my hair at the middle?

indarican I don't remove my combs when doing a PP. I do advise you fan open the combs before putting in and fan then open when taking out, shifting from left to right to make sure it doesn't snag any hairs. I wore a Phony pony for years never had an issue with losing hair. Stopped wearing it because after a while I had too much hair to go under.

Back