2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Buying a new bun dounut on Monday and also buying some rinse. Also saving up to buy some oz. hair. Should have that by Feb. Also I made a upart wig and its the best thing . I love it

I'm in for the hide your hair challenge.
I have a box of alter egos(wigs) enough for the year.
I'm ready.

Last edited:
@KumakoXsd, your name has been added to the list.:grin:

@garciagirl, glad you're joining us! :grin: Just go back to the first or third post and click the thank button and your name will be added to the official participant list. I can't wait to see your wig selection. Sounds like you'll be one of the wig gurus like @JJamiah and @NikkiQ. :grin:

Hello @Ms Coco37 I am rocking Tisha right now and feeling it for sure.

I can't wait to see how my first four months go :yep:
I just know that I am so glad I went back to half wigs, which I didn't want to have any of my hair out but I learned it's okay to have some out. I won't commit a real sin by doing so. LOL

I told DH today that I hope he enjoyed this flat ironed hair b/c it won't be flat ironed again for a VERY long time. I'll be rocking wigs and ponytails til the cows come home to get my 3" back...that *****!

I am 19 months natural and a little past shoulder length. I need this motivation and discipline. Lately, I have been taking good care of my hair via twists and twistouts, but I will will be 2 years natural next month and two years since my BC in May 2012. I would love to be APL by the end of the 6 months. Keep me grounded ladies!! I'll be in twists, buns, and wigs for protective styling. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement ladies. I'll be posting pics soon!

I already planned to hide my hair for the majority of the time in 2012, so this challenge is perfect for me. I plan on twisting, I'm also gonna make a wig with bangs, and scarving/turban-ing it for the majority of the time. Since I'm back in school full time and not worried about corporate, I figure I can do damn well whatever I please :grin:

So I've been in my cornrows since Friday. I'm going to be cornrowing under my wigs. I just want to get a bit better technique.

I about to hit paynuh on the LaJay wig all these naturals on youtube are going on about. Dear lawwdd.....please let me not look ridiculous. I have NEVER worn a wig in my life.

I about to hit paynuh on the LaJay wig all these naturals on youtube are going on about. Dear lawwdd.....please let me not look ridiculous. I have NEVER worn a wig in my life.

bajandoc86 you have nothing to worry about. A wig is an accessory. Work with it til it looks the way you want. Use accessories, bobby pins, or even trim it down if you want. I have Drew by Beshe and she's rather large but I LOVE her!! Just gotta play around with it.

my Remy wig arrives tomorrow and my others on Thursday. SO excited!!

I've been mia because of school but now that finals are over and the holidays are almost over I'm checking in and gearing up for the challenge!

I had kinky twist in for 6 weeks and now I'm 5 weeks in with these tree braids. Out of the two I am definitely enjoying the tree braids the most. Head is not heavy and it will definitely take less time to take these down since they are just cornrows.

I will be taking them down this weekend and getting my hair straightened and trimmed (if it needs it). I will be back this weekend to upload my official starting pic.

I'm in. :yep:

I have a few wigs and phony ponies in the closet. I really need to pick up some more short wigs for spring and summer. I'd also like to get some braiding hair so I can rock some homemade buns.

Im so excited about this challenge, I just bought my first wig. Its a half wig but it looks and feels great. I cant wait :yep:. Just a few more days to go!

@YoursTrulyRE, are you letting Valencia straighten you? :-) I'm glad you like the tree braids. I couldn't stand them. I don't like not having full access to my scalp, plus the hair kept getting tangled. O_o

Ms_CoCo37 ...I wanted to go to her but I couldn't find the time before the holidays and now can't get an appt. So I may go to the Dominican Salon down here in Florida.

This thread is quite active although 1 Jan is not here yet. I'll be active starting 1 Jan. See ya then!

I am doing good leaving my hair alone, tempted to touch but won't until tomorrow or Thursday :)

Then I have a full hair day and back up under Tisha. Me and her have become fast friends :)

Attachments

• tisha outre.jpg
    tisha outre.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 17
My weave is in and i had to leave a little out in the front and on the sides, still trying to rub my edges every night

Hey all here are my start up pics... Sorry if there huge
43554688-4a9a-1d17.jpg

43554688-4ad8-bdaa.jpg

43554688-4af6-1a5f.jpg

My pics are my avatar and siggie pic.:ohwell: This is the first time I tried doing mini flat twists. I'm not sure if I like them.:look:

Last edited:
Ms_CoCo37 In the "Starting Pic" thread, will we have to post a pic of loose hair or can our hair be twisted/braided up? Does the hair have to be dry, wet, or does it not matter? Thanks!

Back