2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ohh Its good to know puffs are okay! Sometimes I have lazy days!!

I will be doing minimal puffs though! Mostly wearing twists and keeping them in buns and pinned up and i've been looking at half wigs!

JJamiah, I see you have the mini Barry White thing going on.:grin:

Try drinking a little herbal tea with honey and lemon. One thing that I find helpful, is to stuff a peppermint into half of a lemon and suck on it. Helps me every time.:yep:

I'm IN again! I ain't gonna lie....I cheated about 3 times posting length check pics. LOLOLOL! :lachen: I promise to do better this time around.

I bought a phony puff to use as a PS, I just realized that my own puff is actually bigger than the fake one unstretched :D

I hope this challenge doesn't make me even more lazier than I am right now.

I like that this challenge is only 6 months at a time. It's realistic and therefore doable. I want to join some other challenges as well but an entire year of some of this stuff is just too long for me.

@JJamiah, I see you have the mini Barry White thing going on.:grin:

Try drinking a little herbal tea with honey and lemon. One thing that I find helpful, is to stuff a peppermint into half of a lemon and suck on it. Helps me every time.:yep:

I drunk all the tea :lachen: I was drinking my theraflu with lemon :grin:
All my tea is gone except the Chia tea and Ginger, My others are gone :cry3:

Yeah, it sounds sessy don't hate on my low deep tempo LOL

I made my appt to get my hair in singles on the 28 so I'll be starting the new year hiding! I hope I don't hv any issues with detangling when I'm ready to take it down. I'm 3 months post and I'm just tired of dealing with my ng on wash days.
This stretch to transition is going to be a long journey.

Darenia, ITA! Anything more than 6 mos would have me in a stupor.:look:

JJamiah, okay Barry.:lol:

ojemba, don't forget to snap a pic of your length for the reveal on the 31st. I've been watching your progress for a while now, and I'm excited for your reveal!:grin:

I'm in!!! I haven't worn my hair down in forever anyway!!:grin: Should be interesting. I'm 24 wks post right now so we'll see what these six months will bring!:perplexed

Update: I got my weave sewn in today and I really love how it looks. I'll keep it in for about 6 weeks hopefully.

Ms_CoCo37 I'll definetly take a pic when I wash again, I'll try to flat iron my ng to get a better idea of my current length. Thanks for the support. I'm going to need lots during the next year as I tackle this transition.

I broke my hair down; have prepoo'd it overnight which I feel my hair needs the extra love when not deep conditioned for 2 weeks :) :yep:

I am going to trim today when I get a chance to actually wash my hair :perplexed:

I have so much on my agenda today and I have to try to get it done. :sick:

Okay so I just started to wash out the Prepoo i had in my hair OMG

I had so MUCH breakage it MATTED UP IN THE MIDDLE :cry2: :cry3: :cry4: I am so pissed, I wont' sleep in it again :nono: I will prepoo for a few hours but not over night :nono:

HUH ALOT Of hair came out! OMY good NESS!
It looked like a ratty mess tree, cotton pulled apart at my roots and middles :(

HUH not cool, and I am not feeling up to this mess right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boooooooooo!!!@JJamiah what happened???? What in the world do you think caused that??

I think leaving it in for over 24 hours scratching my head, moving around too much, I kept getting up last Night coughing and choking :(

I guess taking it down wrong. Just a mess; just a mess. :( :nono:

I put a Drc 28 treatment in it

Some Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner with another. Under the dryer don't even want to steam right now :(

Not in the best of mood because I am exhausted :(

I have blown dry, flat ironed for maybe the first time or second this year, 2 inch trim Yeah I needed it, I just was excited to cut it, :yep:

I HATE MY HAIR

I look like the oriental monks who shave all their sides off and have a long pony in the middle :cry4:

:cry3:

:cry2:

I so would love to have some thicker hair :sick:

JJamiah sorry for your ordeal with your wash. I know how frustrating it gets and wanting to reach for the scissors and chop chop.

Your hair is lovely none the less and I'm sure your trim made a world of difference. Thick hair has it's own challenges so hun don't be worried.

I have blown dry, flat ironed for maybe the first time or second this year, 2 inch trim Yeah I needed it, I just was excited to cut it, :yep:

I HATE MY HAIR

I look like the oriental monks who shave all their sides off and have a long pony in the middle :cry4:

:cry3:

:cry2:

I so would love to have some thicker hair :sick:

Morning Ladies,

I think this thread, Long term Transitioners and Crown and Glory 2012 will be my favorite and most active threads for 2012.

I trimed about 2 inches of my ends last night. It felt good. I'm no longer concerned with reaching MBL, WL ..... If I can transition and maintain a healthy Blunt BSB i'll be happy. Any more hair to deal with will just be a nightmare.

I figure I'll get a good trim every 3 months.

Have a Blessed Weekend All.

ojemba I am definitely a bit disappointed in the ordeal yesterday when I say locs of hair. Imagine pulling a little section where all the hair is still together like a patch of follicles came out. :nono: HUH so sad.... :bighug: thanks so much for understanding.

It was at the roots matted in the middle, only part not matted was the ends until I combed the mat to the ends. :nono:

So Lots of hair lost. I am going to slow down on my wigging for 6 months for sure! I might half wig it but not corn rows. I am going to flip it up with a pin and toss a half wig or wear it up in a pony. My hair needs to thicken up and More TLC will be needed.

I have noticed a lot of SHEDDINg not breaking. Shedding from my roots. My hair is half the density it use to be. It is sad!

excited about this! Now all I need is to find someone who can braid my hair. Until then buns buns buns (or rather knots and lumps until I get better!)!

Back