2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

i desperately need to join this challenege! This will help me keep my hands out my hair! It will also allow me to keep up with my current regimen! I need to get good @ doing the lacefrontsm i dont use any adhesives to keep it on! Looking forward to the growth!

JJamiah

Yes, I really need to be enrolled! Who buys 5 wigs in one day having never worn them, wears ONE wig, and decides they need 5 MORE?!?! Is the 1800wigJUNKYrus phone line open 24 hours/day? :lachen: :lachen: My ADD strikes again :lol:

Prince was SO FLY! The concert was the best I have ever been to in my LIFE! His hair, outfit, and shoes put me to shame LMAO and his skin is gorgeous yall! I was on straight groupie status all night :lol: The Dave Chapelle skit is true ladies...don't look Prince in the eyes! I mistakenly did that and he got me yall :look: I'm still hypnotized LOL :drunk:

Thanks for the compliments about the twistout ladies! My friend (who is natural) did it for me and I LOVE how it turned out...now I have to figure out how to make it look this good when I do it myself...uh oh :nono:

@Janet, how did you know I had my credit card in my hand ready to get my next fix?!?! I think I may need to join WBA- Wig Buyer's Anonymous :lachen: :lachen: This challenge is unhealthy for my finances SMH :blush:

Oh I am Committee Chair of WBA- I told you I hide my purchases. Who buys five wears one and figures she needs 10 more ME! LOLOLOLOL

We need to converse privately :) Wig shopping is fun :) but Mscoco has her :eye: on me :sekret:

Beautiful :drool: I am loving her :grin: :yep:
^I love your twist out Jinez!

My early christmas present :woot::

thumbnail.asp

It's a full lace from pinklacewigs.com

^^^ Gurl...We really do need to do an Intervention (Wig Style) STAT!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I mentioned that the other day that we need a wig supporters thread up in this piece! I have 16 and just ordered 2 more. it's such an addicting habit and I just can't stop!!!!! HELP ME!!!

Nah just kidding. All the wigs I buy are usually on sale or on clearance of some sort(like everything else I own) so I don't spend WAY too much on them like I totally would if I had the money to blow like that. :lachen:

I mentioned that the other day that we need a wig supporters thread up in this piece! I have 16 and just ordered 2 more. it's such an addicting habit and I just can't stop!!!!! HELP ME!!!

Nah just kidding. All the wigs I buy are usually on sale or on clearance of some sort(like everything else I own) so I don't spend WAY too much on them like I totally would if I had the money to blow like that. :lachen:
you girls go hard

^^^Go big or go home is my motto lol. It helps me retain length, hide my hair from the elements, and makes my transition a whole lot easier. If paying $30 for a LF does all that, then I'm in there like swimwear.

Ooh, I love it. Was it expensive? What's the name of it?

Beautiful :drool: I am loving her :grin: :yep:

^^^ Gurl...We really do need to do an Intervention (Wig Style) STAT!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

She doesn't have a name but she is a 1-B Off Black Regular Yaki Full Lace Wig, I bought her in 14 inches for $284 ... :hide:

Janet I seriously need an intervention I find myself buying a new wig every month! :lol:

I love that I can rock a high pony with it but I don't want to use glue or tape so I'm going to sew in a few clips ... can't wait 'til it gets here!!

Last edited:
okay i still have my briads in but me and bf are going to take pictures so i think i will finally get to wear my evony half wig and i'm probably going to cut my bangs because of my briads they are longer. i'll post pictures later this week when i rock my half wig.

^^^Go big or go home is my motto lol. It helps me retain length, hide my hair from the elements, and makes my transition a whole lot easier. If paying $30 for a LF does all that, then I'm in there like swimwear.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: girl you're too funny!

I'm in...I bought my first lace front some time ago and I still haven't worn it outside yet; IDK I am afraid it's going to fly off or something and then people will be like "I know her wig didn't just fly off! Bald headed *****!" lol...that's just my fear anyway. It seems a little dramatic

just redid my crochet braids...new cornrows. this time it took me just over an hour to add the hair to the cornrows.
on the look out for good hair to use that won't slip out of the knot. not easy to find.

roll on apl hair!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'm in and I'm :lachen::blush: at my twists. They aren't the greatest but I'm keeping them in.:look: I hope each day to improve on them. In fact, this is my first natural success. I have never been able to twist my entire head and always gave up. Even though they are ugly, it is a successful step in me becoming more confident in my natural journey.:yahoo:

Hey ladies, checkin in!! I've been M.I.A from the board but I'm back!! While I was gone, I mistreated my hair with too much heat (altho I kept up with protein & d/c treatments) :nono:

With that said! I put my install in today so I'm a little early.

I dont have a decent starting picture but I am about APL right now.

Here's my install!

Attachments

• Picture 3457.jpg
    Picture 3457.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 16
Hey ladies, checkin in!! I've been M.I.A from the board but I'm back!! While I was gone, I mistreated my hair with too much heat (altho I kept up with protein & d/c treatments) :nono:

With that said! I put my install in today so I'm a little early.

I dont have a decent starting picture but I am about APL right now.

Here's my install!

It looks beautiful!!! :yep:

I really hid my hair this weekend - Sat & Sun. I moisturized/sealed really good on Friday night and baggied my ends and covered my hair with a satin scarf. Saturday and Sunday, I kept my hair baggied and covered with the satin scarf ALL day Sat/Sun. I rocked a nice hat both days. Back to reality tomorrow since I'm going to work. I'll moisturize/seal really good tonight since I skipped a few days. I'll be hiding in a bun most of the week. Yasmine is coming out later in the week - probably on Christmas & Christmas eve. :grin:

My saying right now is basically the same as yours but stated in a different way -- "I go hard in the paint."

I really hid my hair this weekend - Sat & Sun. I moisturized/sealed really good on Friday night and baggied my ends and covered my hair with a satin scarf. Saturday and Sunday, I kept my hair baggied and covered with the satin scarf ALL day Sat/Sun. I rocked a nice hat both days. Back to reality tomorrow since I'm going to work. I'll moisturize/seal really good tonight since I skipped a few days. I'll be hiding in a bun most of the week. Yasmine is coming out later in the week - probably on Christmas & Christmas eve. :grin:

My saying right now is basically the same as yours but stated in a different way -- "I go hard in the paint."
Yay for Yasmine!!!! LOL @ I go hard in the paint

Refresh me, did you order Yasmine or buy her from a BSS? When are you debuting her?

I bought her from a BSS...I have been wearing it everyday since last week: LOVES it! I cut it back to APL because I wasn't comfortable wearing a BSL-MBLish wavy wig when my hair is nowhere near that length/thickness :look: plus this is my first time wearing a wig outside of my house :lol:

I have pics but won't be posting them until I post my starting pic for this challenge. :grin:

^^Will do! I can't wait to get her and play around with her. Should be a cute option to have in my collection.

Back