2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Hey now! I know I'm a wig addict and I've admitted it before. There's just no wig rehab...and I'm glad there isn't :lachen:

I am so excited to wear my wig out!!!! (if I would have said that anywhere else, that would have been weird) I can feel the length and retention coming!

^^I shop at hairsisters(with no probs *knock on wood*) and ebonyline. Used ebony for the first time when I ordered Mommy.

so,

i'm gonna flat iron my hair on like december 30th or 31st for the starting picture
mostly because i thought it'd be a fairer/more accurate comparison for the end of the challenge because i plan on flat ironing for that.

after that...it's back up in the protectives. i usually never leave my hair straight for more than a few days anyway. haha

Here are a couple pix of my upa clip. I tuck it under like a bun with bobby pins.
aefce21d-2c16-a89d.jpg
aefce21d-2c22-228c.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Hi ladies,

I have joined as, as a lurker i have become really excited by all these style options such as wigs, ponies, buns, crotchet braids, esp. halfwigs I'm really excited by these and this is the reason why i want to join this challenge as i am beginning to experiment.

Currently my longest layers are bsl and shortest apl, like a 'u' shape, my hair is heat damaged from being a heat trained natural and I'm transitioning from textlaxed (textlaxed for 6 months) i want to protect my hair as much as possible, i know i should cut the damaged parts, which would ultimately mean bc which i'm not ready to do although some of it has broken off by itself. i am hoping this challenge along with participating in the 2011 transitioners thread will keep my hair on my head and be at least mbl by the end of the year.

Please bare with me ladies as my new years resolution is to seriously update my profile, add pics to my avatar & sig and finally become a fully participating member instead of all this lurking business. :yep:

I want in on this challenge :yep:!!!! I haven't done any of these challeneges before but I'm very excited about this one! I'm due for a relaxer in a couple of weeks (12 weeks post). I'll take a picture then and let it be my starting picture.

The Mommy wig reveal will have to be on hold. My hair is not braided down and she most def will work better when this thick mane of mine is under control lol

Can you ladies tell me more about the UPA clip? I would love to try that out if it isn't expensive, as I chopped 5 inches off last month and now don't have enough hair for a bun LOL I plan on wigging it for the winter, but once spring/summer comes, I won't be able to deal with the heat of wigs! I will be trying to bun, braid, and twist out for PS...

You are welcome. Hit me up if you need a bunning pep talk. I get annoyed some days and MsCoCo and I have helped each other through the HYH 2010...so welcome! You can be in a little circle.

DC was my lifesaver when I thought I was about to lose my mind with the buns!:lachen::lachen::lachen: You always had the cutest accessories too! Which reminds me...I need some more ideas.:lachen::lachen::lachen:Get on it gurl!

Hi ladies,

I have joined as, as a lurker i have become really excited by all these style options such as wigs, ponies, buns, crotchet braids, esp. halfwigs I'm really excited by these and this is the reason why i want to join this challenge as i am beginning to experiment.

Currently my longest layers are bsl and shortest apl, like a 'u' shape, my hair is heat damaged from being a heat trained natural and I'm transitioning from textlaxed (textlaxed for 6 months) i want to protect my hair as much as possible, i know i should cut the damaged parts, which would ultimately mean bc which i'm not ready to do although some of it has broken off by itself. i am hoping this challenge along with participating in the 2011 transitioners thread will keep my hair on my head and be at least mbl by the end of the year.

Please bare with me ladies as my new years resolution is to seriously update my profile, add pics to my avatar & sig and finally become a fully participating member instead of all this lurking business. :yep:

Welcome to the challenge! :grin:

Last week I did a full sew in.

I plan to use a leave in daily.

I will wash my weave once or twice a month.

I plan take out my weave in March 2011. I will give my hair a break for just week then put another sew in.

DC was my lifesaver when I thought I was about to lose my mind with the buns!:lachen::lachen::lachen: You always had the cutest accessories too! Which reminds me...I need some more ideas.:lachen::lachen::lachen:Get on it gurl!

Have you tried the flexi 8? I know we've talked about this but I'm too lazy to go search for the answer....sistah tied' (tired), been a long day. :drunk:

I have 3 flexi 8s that I'm now bunning with a ppl are loving them. I have 1 medium and 2 larges. Next sale I will buy 1 extra large.

For those that are not familiar, check it out --> MEDIUM Flexi-8 Hair Clips, so many styles!

Perfect. I make one year natural in June. I'm in :drunk:
Congrats! Didn't I read you are a licensed stylist but are not practicing at the moment?? Well, consider yourself practicing because I'mma hit you within this thread for a quick q&a from time to time.

Thanks, I will.
Check out flexi 8. See link above in my reply to MsCoCo.

Here are a couple pix of my upa clip. I tuck it under like a bun with bobby pins.
Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App
Love the clip! This will be my next purchase, fo sho'. Thx for sharing.

OT: I just got the droid x over the weekend. Do you like it? I need someone to talk droid talk with.

Hi ladies,

Welcome!

Check it MsCo, I've been using something similar to these lately as hair candy. I got my clips from the flea market while in Orlando but ppl love them so that I will be buying more when I get my stacks up.
5pcs-lots-Rhinestone-Magic-coloured-glaze-Hair-Fork-Accessories-6-Color.jpg

The above pic is just an example, I don't have any like this in particular but just showing how fabulous these little things can be. Found a link to buy some...Rhinestone Hair Pins | Bridal Hair Pins | Wedding Hair Pins | Bobby Pins
Yall bunners don't buy them up from me, now ya here????!!!!!

Most of my hair candy have white CZs in them. I want to add some color to my collection like the ones pictured above.

Have you tried the flexi 8? I know we've talked about this but I'm too lazy to go search for the answer....sistah tied' (tired), been a long day. :drunk:

I have 3 flexi 8s that I'm now bunning with a ppl are loving them. I have 1 medium and 2 larges. Next sale I will buy 1 extra large.

For those that are not familiar, check it out --> MEDIUM Flexi-8 Hair Clips, so many styles!

Okay that settles it. I'm going to have to break down and buy some of these babies!:yep:

I've been reading this thread and all these talks about wigs had me wig window shopping and I plan on buying either one or two half-wigs. The kicker about this plan is that I'm weaved up and I don't need any wigs. Y'all ladies are making spend unnessary money:grin:

Okay that settles it. I'm going to have to break down and buy some of these babies!:yep:

did you also see the rhinestone hair pins post?

you need a super duper quadruple size flexi with all that thick hair. lol. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

The medium only catches enough hair to make a tiny pony in the crown like this:
01.jpg
except I pin up the bottom half of my hair with black hair pins rather than letting it hang.

The large flexi's hold all my hair (I tuck in the stray hair with black hair pins) but based on how I have my hair wrapped up into a bun, even the large holds my hair a wee bit tighter than I like so that's why I'm moving up to an xl. I want a firm hold but not overly tight.
07.jpg

I know I'm about to get a royal thread beat down for posting all these gigantic photos. I beg for forgiveness. :spinning:

I've been reading this thread and all these talks about wigs had me wig window shopping and I plan on buying either one or two half-wigs. The kicker about this plan is that I'm weaved up and I don't need any wigs. Y'all ladies are making spend unnessary money:grin:
You should join us!

did you also see the rhinestone hair pins post?

you need a super duper quadruple size flexi with all that thick hair. lol. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

The medium only catches enough hair to make a tiny pony in the crown like this:
01.jpg
except I pin up the bottom half of my hair with black hair pins rather than letting it hang.

The large flexi's hold all my hair (I tuck in the stray hair with black hair pins) but based on how I have my hair wrapped up into a bun, even the large holds my hair a wee bit tighter than I like so that's why I'm moving up to an xl. I want a firm hold but not overly tight.
07.jpg

I know I'm about to get a royal thread beat down for posting all these gigantic photos. I beg for forgiveness. :spinning:

You should join us!

I'm buying my wig(s) Thursday.

Back