2010 Sulfur Challenge

I know I have mia but I have been going thru a lot and I am in school...I left my sew in for 9 week and came out of it about bsb length. When I installed I had just passed apl...But I had not been applying often and on top of it I had crying soo much:nono:. My breakage spot which is my crown is still sl..by the end of the year I wud like there to be apl (It is two inches past sl, which equal two more inches to apl)...I know I can get two inches with running and sulfur because I did it in the summer.. But goodluck to everywhere and @ flowinlocks I see ur hair is taking off... I will update with my sew in take down pics and blowout comparision pics from the first ones I sent:grin:...`I have applying everyother day since Nov 5...

I know I have mia but I have been going thru a lot and I am in school...I left my sew in for 9 week and came out of it about bsb length. When I installed I had just passed apl...But I had not been applying often and on top of it I had crying soo much:nono:. My breakage spot which is my crown is still sl..by the end of the year I wud like there to be apl (It is two inches past sl, which equal two more inches to apl)...I know I can get two inches with running and sulfur because I did it in the summer.. But goodluck to everywhere and @ flowinlocks I see ur hair is taking off... I will update with my sew in take down pics and blowout comparision pics from the first ones I sent:grin:...`I have applying everyother day since Nov 5...

Girl it's coming along.. I still shooting for BSL by Dec. 31st. So we shall see. Can't wait to see the updates!

I've been applying mtg & taking msm. Recently, I have also been focusing on longer scalp massages and hanging upside to increase the blood flow to my scalp. I'm trying to go hard to these last two months. I'm pretty sure I got an inch in October, so my results for November & December should be about the same. I'm itching to straighten my hair to see where I'm at, but I'm trying to be patient.

Flow I am also going back to using mtg straight, I think I got my best results when I did that in the beginning. If you can deal with it the results are amazing. Honestly I'm looking forward to discovering a new growth aid once this challenge is over. Probably still sulfur, but mtg is too hardcore for me for long term usage.

Once this challenge is over I will always keep Sulfur in my arsenal of growth aids, but my primary haircare will always be Ayurveda..

you ladies are awesome!!! i would luv to join this challenge BUT i know there's only a month left....will there possibly be another one into the next year??

Hey ya'll I'm still hanging in here! Still going strong and applying 2x per days. I'm also in the Lady P challenge, so my hair is braided up. Can't wait to see what happens in December!

Question for y'all... How to stop the itchys when using growth aids... I was using BT but had to stop because my head itches so much... Any tips?

you ladies are awesome!!! i would luv to join this challenge BUT i know there's only a month left....will there possibly be another one into the next year??

You can join us! The more the merrier! We actually have a little over a month. We are going till 12/31

As far as a new challenge, someone else is more than welcome to start one but I'm already stretched too thin as it is and it wouldn't be fair to start something I know I wouldn't have time for.

Hey ya'll I'm still hanging in here! Still going strong and applying 2x per days. I'm also in the Lady P challenge, so my hair is braided up. Can't wait to see what happens in December!

Keep pushing along!!

Question for y'all... How to stop the itchys when using growth aids... I was using BT but had to stop because my head itches so much... Any tips?

Sulfur is very drying to the hair and scalp, make sure you up your moisture game. Also sometimes the itches are ng coming in. For me at least. The last to options are build up, meaning you need to cleanse a bit more or, if irritation is present it could be a reaction. In which case you would discontinue use.

Hey beauti! You should join us, even for just a month. We would love to have you! :yep:

Couldn't agree more.

I've applied my MTG man with two scarf it still came through which mean I've applied too much. Flowin you get yours?

I find that a nightly head massage, a really good one, satisfies the itchies. I'll do it for about 15 minutes, making sure I get every inch of scalp. If I do that once a night I am not bothered by the itchies during the day.

I've applied my MTG man with two scarf it still came through which mean I've applied too much. Flowin you get yours?

I told you, try the plastic cap, BEFORE the scarf. To hold the funk in lol!! Yes girl I finally got it yesterday. I wanted to kill them with all that shred. It got everywhere. :perplexed

Anyhoo, I'll start Sunday, don't wanna be stinky for my Bday weekend.

I told you, try the plastic cap, BEFORE the scarf. To hold the funk in lol!! Yes girl I finally got it yesterday. I wanted to kill them with all that shred. It got everywhere. :perplexed

Anyhoo, I'll start Sunday, don't wanna be stinky for my Bday weekend.

I sweat like pig so I wanted to try without the plastic. I'm try something or use less of the oil.

Well, I've decided that I'm going to relax on 12/16 so, I'll be keeping up with the sulfur until 12/5. That'll be it for me for the rest of the year. I have about 2 weeks left and I'm doing 3x a week, and a non-sulfur oil mix on my off days just to make sure my ng stays moisturized while I'm stretching. I think I'm 17 or 18 wks post (don't make me do the math. I'm still trying to wake up). Yep. I'm so anxious for this year to be over that I planned out my upcoming hair events for the rest of the year. I can't wait to see all of the year-end reveals across the boards. :yep:

I know it's too late to join this challenge but I just ordered my Sulfur Powder Sublimed. Would someone please share their Sulfur powder/oil ratio? How many tablespoons or teaspoons to how many tablespoons of oil do you use in your mix?

I ordered some too! I have no idea how to use it but it will be here next week. I did ready Njoy's reggie and she mixes it with oil.

I had to skip a day of applying mtg because my scalp was sore. I've heard some of you ladies talk about that, but this was the first time I experienced it since using sulfur. What causes this? Is it apply sulfur to a wet scalp? I've done that a few times last week. Or maybe I'm going overboard with the scalp massages. Hopefully I can start up again today if not Monday. :perplexed

O yeah Happy birthday flow, hope you enjoyed it!:party:

Last edited:
woot woot! :woot: thank you ladies!!! please add me to the challenge. i started applying my mix since my previous post. i will include my recipe along with my current length pic

i used an 8oz applicator bottle and filled almost up to the 1oz mark w/my sublimed sulfur. then i added:
  • splash of shikakai oil
  • splash of vatika olive oil
  • splash of pumpkin oil
  • 1oz dabur jasmine oil
  • splash of profectiv growth oil
  • 1oz dabur amla oil
  • splash of almond oil
  • splash of peppermint oil
  • 3oz african royale hot six oil
  • 1oz hairveda cocasta shikakai oil
  • 1oz aloe vera oil

yeah i used alot of stuff but i'm a pj and this is a great way to use up all my stash :look: i've been oiling my scalp at night only but i don't co-wash the next morning...i 'poo the following night, co-wash, and then restart the process

92110.jpg

I have the bee mine growth serum. I was gonna use mtg but couldn't stand the smell.

I don't do my whole head, just the back where my hair is thinner shorter and weaker.
I can't wait til feb when I straighten to see my progress.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have been using Bee Mine while my hair is straight b/c I can wear it out the house and not smell gross, but MTG definitely feels different on my scalp. I switched to my Sulu b/c it doesn't smell AS bad. But I've gotten good growth over all with this challenge. I just wish I had started using MTG and sulfur earlier!

I know it's too late to join this challenge but I just ordered my Sulfur Powder Sublimed. Would someone please share their Sulfur powder/oil ratio? How many tablespoons or teaspoons to how many tablespoons of oil do you use in your mix?

It's not to late to join!! I'll add you to the list welcome!!

I had to skip a day of applying mtg because my scalp was sore. I've heard some of you ladies talk about that, but this was the first time I experienced it since using sulfur. What causes this? Is it apply sulfur to a wet scalp? I've done that a few times last week. Or maybe I'm going overboard with the scalp massages. Hopefully I can start up again today if not Monday. :perplexed

O yeah Happy birthday flow, hope you enjoyed it!:party:

Thanks for the Bday wishes!! I have def, experienced the tenderness. I don't think it has anything to with applying it to a wet scalp. Sulfur in general will make the scalp tender with continued use in some cases. When this happens back off for a week or so to get things under control.

woot woot! :woot: thank you ladies!!! please add me to the challenge. i started applying my mix since my previous post. i will include my recipe along with my current length pic

i used an 8oz applicator bottle and filled almost up to the 1oz mark w/my sublimed sulfur. then i added:
  • splash of shikakai oil
  • splash of vatika olive oil
  • splash of pumpkin oil
  • 1oz dabur jasmine oil
  • splash of profectiv growth oil
  • 1oz dabur amla oil
  • splash of almond oil
  • splash of peppermint oil
  • 3oz african royale hot six oil
  • 1oz hairveda cocasta shikakai oil
  • 1oz aloe vera oil

yeah i used alot of stuff but i'm a pj and this is a great way to use up all my stash :look: i've been oiling my scalp at night only but i don't co-wash the next morning...i 'poo the following night, co-wash, and then restart the process

92110.jpg

You hair is beautiful now!! I'll def add you to the challenge. Welcome!!

Challengers:

Flowinlocks
Queen Earth
VitaK72
Itown
Mzz Mac
Kurlybella
Seven7
Morehairplease
SiobhanM

lamaria211
blueberryd