2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

So....I have been MIA for the past month. I had taken out kinky twists right after the first session (March 31). Wash, protien treatment, and conditioned and then wore it in a bun for a few days. April 5th & 6th I put new twists in...and have had them in ever since!!! :thumbsup: This is actually a feat for me...my hair is very fine and starts to unravel after a week or two. That is part of the reason I stayed away for a bit...so that I could let my hair do it's thing and not put too much pressure on it...or have my hands in it! Love :love: putting my hands in my hair, but I have got to learn to stop! :spank:

Anyways, I have posted some pictures of the twists. I'll probably leave them in until about mid- to late- May. I have been conditioning them as needed and massage the scalp whenever I remember/ get the chance (maybe 3x a week). I have washed them once and rinse a couple more. VERY LOW MAINTENANCE!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

• Hair and Paris 003.jpg
    Hair and Paris 003.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Hair and Paris 008.jpg
    Hair and Paris 008.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Hair and Paris 035.jpg
    Hair and Paris 035.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 23
I had a serious setback today. :[[

Yesterday i sealed my ends with evoo after washing/conditioning.
I went to bed after twisting my hair in a couple twists.
So, today i bought a new flat iron and decided to test it out.

Can you see where this is going?

i fried the ends of my hair!
Done, like burnt.
So i cut them off, but my hair is now one huge jagged mess, and nowhere near apl.
i lost two inches of length in most places, and three inches in others. :(
Long story short, apl is not happening by the end of this month.
I'll post some pictures when I get over it haha.

And the cutting breaks the rules. :sad:

I'd like to jump right in if that's okay (either unofficial or official). I want to be fair to everyone that's been there since the start of the challenge. I've been dealing with an extremely hectic schedule and 2 sick parents! So, as a result of that and lack of time I actually have been following this challenge - I just didn't realize it. :grin:

Here are the RULES:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable) - Already doing

2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed) - Already doing
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash - WILL START
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles - Already doing

This challenge will have 4 sessions.
Session One: January 1 - March 31
Session Two: April 1 - June 30
Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

:grin:I took out my twists last night. I had them in for about a month (April 5th - May 9th), but I experienced a lot of growth and it was starting to look raggedy!:nono: I washed and conditioned last night. Tried to do a protein treatment, but that didn't go so well. Instead I used Organics Mayo Treatment and left in in over night. Today I just have my hair up in a bun, but I plan on putting twists back in sometime this week. I want to give my hair (and arms lol) a break.

I haven't broken any rules this go round and shouldn't be breaking anything for the rest of the year. The twists are allowing me to retain moisture and length, so over the summer that's pretty much going to be the plan!!!:grin:

Just checking in. I have a jheri curl but I use dry products. With the hype of the Jheri Juice challenge I decided to get some moisturizing activator gel w/aloe. I've been using it & faithfully doing my Southerntease bun. This jheri juice is awesome. It keeps my hair moisturized & soft all day. I baggy at night most nights.

I have been PSing and experiencing great growth. I am so glad I joined this challenged because it forced me to stop being so dang on scissor happy (wanting the perfect blunt cut) Anyway I am really finding out PSs can be cute

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 7
I have been PSing and experiencing great growth. I am so glad I joined this challenged because it forced me to stop being so dang on scissor happy (wanting the perfect blunt cut) Anyway I am really finding out PSs can be cute

I love your PS in the pics. You wouldn't happen to be in the Atlanta area, would you? :look: I would love to get my hair done in this style for a break.

:hiya: Hey ladies just checking in to see how everyone is doing do far. I'm still in my senegalese twist which is a good for me because I would have usually taken them out by now (I just love my hair too much). Also, I think it helps that I have learned how to wash and DC while in my twist as I never did this before.

:hiya: Hey ladies just checking in to see how everyone is doing do far. I'm still in my senegalese twist which is a good for me because I would have usually taken them out by now (I just love my hair too much). Also, I think it helps that I have learned how to wash and DC while in my twist as I never did this before.

Howdy! Checking in, too. @ this moment, I just have some jheri juice & a baggy on my head. Too lazy to do a prepoo tonight but I will poo/DC tomorrow. I've just been bunning & wearing high ponies to keep my ends from rubbing.

My growth buddy & I are doing a co-challenge to hide our hair from June 24 - Sept 24 so I'll be weaving/wigging/tree braiding during that time.

How's everyone else progressing?

I want to commit to the last of session two and sessions three and four.
I did a BC in the middle of May and have been taking care of my hair since. Started slacking over the weekend but will do a co-wash today and getting back on track. The only time direct heat (flat iron) touched my hair is when I went to the salon. Mmmm can't wear protective styles right now because my hair is too short to braid. I do have a wig but I haven't figured out how to work it without looking like an old lady. lol

I'd like to join for session 3 & 4...I'm in braids right now and plan to be so for the rest of the year.

after throwing a pity party for myself, i went to gnc and picked up a multi as well as the hsn formula.
going to try those for the next couple of months and see how it goes.

happy growing :]]

Hey ladies just I took out my senegalese twist because they were too frizzy and I'm starting my internship tomorrow. I had no intentions on taking my twist out because the frizzies do not bother me, but since its getting hotter my hair does not lay down past the morning (and IMO its not a good look to start off with). They would've definitely lasted until July, but hey I had to do what I had to do. So, I'll be bunning (mostly wet bun) until july when I get my sew-in. Other than that NO rules broken.

I'm addicted to my work outs now. I've been baggying on a regular basis and I've also been wigging. I cant remember the last time I walked outside without my wig. I'm still going strong and I cannot wait to see the results.

I haven't been updating at all.

I haven't broken any rules yet, and will be using an emergency heat pass at the end of this month. :)

my hair is doing well :)

I haven't been posting, but I'm still going strong. I haven't broken any rules and I only used 1 heat pass since bootcamp started. I have definetly noticed my hair becoming healthier, just wishing for more growth. I need to step up my protective styling.

Gave myself a much needed trim. My crown had alot of SSKs. I have been experimenting on the best way to avoid these in my problem area. It seems when I pre oil my hair while finger detangling before washing ect I get the best results

Definitely haven't been checking in like I should :( BUT, I'm still at it! Only put heat on my hair once and that was in March for my husband's homecoming from deployment (he loved my hair!). Currently bunning on a regular. Slacking on my DCing so, I have to utilize my punishment. And since I haven't been DCing I am noticing a significant difference in my ends and that's a no no.

Majorly late with my update for May. But all I did was wear my box braids and co wash daily. Shampooed and Dc'd once a week. Put box braid extensions in on the 31st. No rules broken and no passes used.

Still hanging in here. I used my 1 pass to hot curl for a funeral. Other than that, no direct heat since August of last year. I've been bunning & I have a steamer now. I'm addicted. If a steamer can be damaging, I'll be bald soon.

I plan to get tree braids before the end of the month & leave them until my birthday in September. At that time, I hope to be able to claim MBL & post some pics.

Checking in: I'm still bunning it up; I can't wait until July I will be using a heat pass for my b-day/ 1 year post relaxer mark. Other than that I'm doing pretty well.

I totally forgot about this challenge. I've broken rules. :spank:

I trimmed the ends of my twists on Friday (they really needed it though)
I wore a puff for one day :look:
I shampooed my hair on Sunday and didn't DC :blush:

I really don't know why I did the last one, it's the first time since beginning my HHJ that I've not DC'd/prepooed with a shampoo :wallbash:

No LHCF Hair forum for me until next week...

Back