2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

No I meant a picture with it on too lol. Is Yasmine herself dull or the color looks faded? What are you doing to your hair to help it blend? If you think it's too thick, try adding a little product to her first to see if that takes the fluff out before thinning it out. I don't want you cutting it and then regret it later.

Last night I co-washed my hair and put a few twists in. This morning I have them pinned up. I think I'm going to need a serious trim. My ends weren't feeling so great last night.:nono:

^^^When is your next trimming session?

I was planning on doing a trim when I straighten it out for the reveal. Which means my reveal won't be a spectacular one.

It's alright though, because I'd rather have a slightly shorter head of healthy hair than raggedy long hair. :lachen:

I think I'm going to do a trim tomorrow night. My ends don't look like they need it (at least from what I can see) but, I came into this year with freshly cut ends and I think I'll go out the same way. I've decided not to relax so, I need something else to look forward to. So, tomorrow I will wash, trim, henna and DC before putting my hair back into twists.

'course, now that I've said that, it sounds very exhausting. Eh, we'll see. That's my plan anyway. :look:

Ladies, you might recall several months back I mentioned that I stretched and suffered some breakage. WELL, I've found a new stylist and I'm going to her for a DC session next week; I'll be at 8 weeks post. Should I stick with a no-direct heat reg or let her flat iron my hair for a nice reveal (and to test out her skills as a stylist)? I haven't had heat on my hair in like 1yr+ so I'm like, NO HEAT PLZ :nono: but then again, I guess heat every now and then won't be bad. :ohwell: I'm unsure if I'll have a fresh TU before 31 Dec. I think I gained some length but haven't done a true comparison!!! I need to order a length check shirt and/or learn how to take pics that look the same every time to do an accurate comparison. Okay enough of rambling.

No I meant a picture with it on too lol. Is Yasmine herself dull or the color looks faded? What are you doing to your hair to help it blend? If you think it's too thick, try adding a little product to her first to see if that takes the fluff out before thinning it out. I don't want you cutting it and then regret it later.
Yasmne is very dull and fluffly. Paddling brushing helped her a lot to to calm down some of the puffiness. I bougth some wig spray for sheen. I'm just pulling my hair back, putting on HW, putting on headband to hide the start of the HW, so I'm not really doing anything to blend. I won't cut it for now. I should be able to snap a pic today or tomorrow and upload it.

4 more weeks, Ladies!!!
I'm excited to see how much growth I have.

Yay!!! Flat ironing in 2 weeks and some change for Christmas. Will post my updates then.
Goooo girl!

Last night I co-washed my hair and put a few twists in. This morning I have them pinned up. I think I'm going to need a serious trim. My ends weren't feeling so great last night.:nono:
My ends feel great but I haven't had a trim since June so I'm sure I'm long overdue for one. I'm interested to hear what the potential new stylist has to say about my ends when she see them. I've been protective styling for about 8 months+ now so those ends have been good and protective, although I know ends still become ratty over time.

I think I'm going to do a trim tomorrow night. My ends don't look like they need it (at least from what I can see) but, I came into this year with freshly cut ends and I think I'll go out the same way. I've decided not to relax so, I need something else to look forward to. So, tomorrow I will wash, trim, henna and DC before putting my hair back into twists.

'course, now that I've said that, it sounds very exhausting. Eh, we'll see. That's my plan anyway. :look:
Everytime I look at my ends, I don't see splits so I think, eh I don't need a trim. My hair doesn't really look see through either. As mentioned in a previous post, I haven't had a trim since June though....so I'm sure I'm long overdue.

I got 4 full caps, 2 halfies and 1 LF today. I have one more full cap coming in soon. Love, love, love them!

okay because i believe that those half wigs are heaven sent once i seen how easy it is to apply them and these online stores don't make it any better with everything half off and all this free shipping lol (let me stop)

Been a while since I've posted. But I had a trim about Oct 20th, and I have noticed my hair is bigger. I semi flat ironed last night...and was excited. I saw the pic from August to last night and there is a nice difference. Can't wait to reveal day of everyone!

horrible!! I ended up throwing my wig on! My hair didn't fully dry despite having over 12 hours to dry... I guess next time I have to sit under the dryer

i was thinking about getting the half wig called yasmine, but i don't know how to put her on. most youtubers that i have seen leave the front hair out and on the sides, but i have problems with my sides, so how else can i wear her?

unnamed.jpg

i was thinking about getting the half wig called yasmine, but i don't know how to put her on. most youtubers that i have seen leave the front hair out and on the sides, but i have problems with my sides, so how else can i wear her?
When I first got her, I was like ut-oh, what in the world! But, I found that with a little wig spray, a little paddle brushing, she's on point. I pull all my hair back, put on wig cap, then put Yasmine on. I then place a headband on to hide the start of the HW. I looked at a BUNCH of yt vids for inspiration and ideas. I find that keeping hair out doesn't work for me because my hair texture is different than Yasmine, plus my color is more of a 2 and they sent me a 1b, my 2nd color choice. Of all the channels I watched, I like this one best ---> YouTube - Outre Half Wig "Yasmine".

I know I'm late, but here's a pic of my micros from late Sept until mid Nov.

I wore wigs for about 2-3 wks. Lately, I've been wearing my hair in twists. I'm trying to hold out till the end of the challenge before I get braids again! Can't wait to do final pics!!

Random update but I figured out how to wear darker colored half wigs. My hair is so light in the front but I found that ORS Edge control makes my hair really dark brown so I've been using that to get wear out of my 4/27 colored wigs. Everyone thinks I dyed my hair lol

Random update but I figured out how to wear darker colored half wigs. My hair is so light in the front but I found that ORS Edge control makes my hair really dark brown so I've been using that to get wear out of my 4/27 colored wigs. Everyone thinks I dyed my hair lol
Where did you pick that up at and does it make the hair hard?

I'm wearing Yasmine in my avatar...know the pic is small but that's what she looks like. I might try to post a better pic in the 2011 HYH thread.

Back