2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

I'm still hanging! I almost BCD a few days ago due to my inclination, but I don't know how to handle a TWA in the winter without washing and going.:look: I don't want to do that this winter and I really want hair long enough for me to twist when I BC. No more ponytail. I will be doing 2 french braids for the rest of my transition. No more, heat.:nono:

Hope you had a great, blessed Thanksgiving ladies. I think I'm convinced, I'm ordering Yasmine. I went to the local BSS' and they didn't carry Outre for me to try this on, so I'm ordering it on faith!

NikkiQ, 8 wigs, women! Yes, you got it bad. What wigs did you order? Can you post of a pic of Carmen...I really like her too. I like the photo of the PS you recently posted as well. I'm not sure if Tammy is right for me...but she is cute also.

Ladies, I bumped a thread re: tonytail braided headbands. Just in case you miss that thread. Do any of you know how to create a tonytail look? http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...cussion/83033-how-make-your-own-tonytail.html

Bump -- I'm trying to learn how to do this instead of buying the tonytail...can someone help me out with how to make my own braid? I just ordered a couple of wigs and would like to use this as a braided headband.

ETA: Tony Tail website --- >> Tonytail.com | Shop for Unique Headbands!

Hope you had a great, blessed Thanksgiving ladies. I think I'm convinced, I'm ordering Yasmine. I went to the local BSS' and they didn't carry Outre for me to try this on, so I'm ordering it on faith!

NikkiQ, 8 wigs, women! Yes, you got it bad. What wigs did you order? Can you post of a pic of Carmen...I really like her too. I like the photo of the PS you recently posted as well. I'm not sure if Tammy is right for me...but she is cute also.

I ordered 5 full caps, 2 halfies and 1 LF. I'm gonna keep it a secret which ones I got until I get them and do a mini fashion show for you guys lol. Got a few shorties for the spring and summer. Combined with what I have,it'll take me through to the end of my transition. The pony I have on in the pic isn't Tammy actually. It's by Zury and I got her from a BSS for $10! I love her!!!

I can't wait to see the FABULOUS FASHIONS OF NIKKIQ.:grin::yep:

I ordered 5 full caps, 2 halfies and 1 LF. I'm gonna keep it a secret which ones I got until I get them and do a mini fashion show for you guys lol. Got a few shorties for the spring and summer. Combined with what I have,it'll take me through to the end of my transition. The pony I have on in the pic isn't Tammy actually. It's by Zury and I got her from a BSS for $10! I love her!!!

Frikkin hairsisters! 2 of my wigs are in house and the other 6 are ordered!! Looks like I won't be getting them all together :(

Morning!

I've been incognito but I'm still here. JJamiah, you would be proud to know I'm wearing my half wig today. Desperate times = Desperate measures.

That, and I'm just plain lazy.:yawn:

On this next go round, I think I'm going to give braids a shot.

Wow, Glad I scoped the forum this morning :clap: Mscoco :)

My hair is braided into a beehive cap on top and wearing Blair :) see my siggy. I love this BOB, she flows beautiful, she is soft. I haven't put heat to her yet but I am dying to get my next one. :)

I ordered 3 Kay Human hair wigs, 1 Blair at a fraction of the cost I paid for this one, 1 Feather Annie Club Girl short synthetic wig and A040 wig which is also short :)
:)

I just realized that I'm supposed to start the new thread tomorrow. Wow, time is really flying! I'll post it first thing in the morning.

4 more weeks til the end of the year ladies! I can't wait to flat iron, take pics, and then go back into hiding :lol:

Just been phony pony tailing it. I'm getting crochet braids this Saturday, so I guess I have to take my reveal pics 3 weeks early or post them after I take my braids down.

NikkiQ, I can't wait to see your results. You've been doing a great job of hiding ma'am. :yep:

ShyIntellect, how long do you plan on keeping the crochet braids? I think I want to give them a try after the reveal.

Divachyk, are you still bunning? Or have you switched things up?

As for me, I'm in my half wig again today. I need to make an attempt to wash this evening...but I'm not making any promises.:look:

I guess I need to get started on the new thread. I'll post it shortly.:grin:

NikkiQ, I can't wait to see your results. You've been doing a great job of hiding ma'am. :yep:

ShyIntellect, how long do you plan on keeping the crochet braids? I think I want to give them a try after the reveal.

Divachyk, are you still bunning? Or have you switched things up?

As for me, I'm in my half wig again today. I need to make an attempt to wash this evening...but I'm not making any promises.:look:

I guess I need to get started on the new thread. I'll post it shortly.:grin:
*in my southern voice* still bunnin' hunni...and u?

I guess I'm going to be taking my revel pics tonight... it's either now (b/c my next install is tomorrow) or wait another two months & semi reveal/late start in the 2011 HYH Challenge... Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

NikkiQ, I need help! I got my wigs today. My Serena LF looks good but knew that it would because I had an opportunity to try it on before I bought it. The Yasmine....ugh! I'm unsure where to start with that one. Not sure if I should thin it out, cut it n length or both. Plus, the texture is off. It just looks fake...I think the color is too dull looking, if that makes sense. They sent me a 1B (alternate choice) instead of 2 (primary choice).

Last edited:
Im hiding my hair until my birthday I had to get a trim, like two inches....so I wont be revealing this month......do have pics of the trim tho I can share lol

NikkiQ, I need help! I got my wigs today. My Serena LF looks good but knew that it would because I had an opportunity to try it on before I bought it. The Yasmine....ugh! I'm unsure where to start with that one. Not sure if I should thin it out, cut it n length or both. Plus, the texture is off. It just looks fake...I think the color is too dull looking, if that makes sense. They sent me a 1B (alternate choice) instead of 2 (primary choice).

Do you have a picture of how she looks on by any chance? maybe me or JJamiah can help you out.

hey ladies im checking in ive been absent for a while cause weve been so busy moving and wedding planning but ive been in wigs since the beginning i still am wearing plaits that im moisturizing daily with juice or oils i will be doing a length check sometime this month. ill keep everyone posted

Back