2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

Yep, it is! People have already started revealing over there as well. I am no where near ready...I need this last 6 weeks!:lachen::lachen:

I need to skip on over there and check things out. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to make MBL by December. I don't think I'm retaining my growth. :nono:

I'll have to chalk it up to being impatient and lazy.

I believe I'm going to post the new challenge on December 1st. Of course, the official start date will be January 1st. What do you ladies think?

@Ms_CoCo37, I'm all for it!!!! Run it!

@danigurl18, I cannot wait to see your progress!!!

@JJamiah, that is truly something that I have always wanted to get involved in, sewing...If I could make the clothes that are in my mind, I would truly be a BAD chick! You go girl!!!

@divachyk, thanks for the encouragement...I'm nervous...more nervous than excited...And time keeps on ticking!

Hey ladies, neat experience today while out of town --- A young lady stopped me while I was shopping to COMPLIMENT me on my hair...she told me I have beautiful hair. I was wearing a donut bun today. She asked who did my hair and what salon should she visit here in Orlando, FL. I had to let her know that I'm only visiting the area and I do my own, etc. Come to find out she's a member of Hairlista, which I'm a part of (but rarely visit). I also invited her to LHCF. We traded hair talk right in the middle of the store. We talked about stretching relaxers, transitioning, big chopping, hhj, hair length, etc. I almost was able to say I met a Nikos' Cousin...but not quite. Either way, it was fun sharing hair talk with someone other than the dh...and sharing it with someone that understands what the heck I'm saying or talking about. My dh have come to understand the lingo and supports my hhj by going with me BSS and wig shopping. Although that's sweet that he does that, today I learned that nothing compares to sharing hair talk with another lady...it provided a different feeling and excitement.

@Divachyk, that was a nice encounter. You may make her one of Niko's cousins after all. :yep: I'm glad someone else acknowledged your fly buns.:grin:

Now I get to think of more PS ideas for next year!!! :weird:

Here's my latest style that I've been wearing all week.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
back in my Celie braids for the week. It's getting easier to do them as my hair gets longer but this NG is something else lol

I am taking a LHCF Break :)
I will put in my phone to post on Thursdays, but won't really be checking any other threads so this is my book mark to come back and read :D Thanks Ladies :) and Good Luck to all!

I'm still here although I'm hardly posting...

My hair has been hidden since the beginning.

Can't wait to straighten for the reveal!

I posted this in the half wig thread -- but what's your opinion?
How do you all go about shopping for HWs online? I see a lot of pretty HWs but am unsure if they would look the same when I put them on. I know that I've tried on some full caps that looked great but didn't look so good when I put them on. I've never tried on a HW though so I don't know how HWs work in that regard....can you order just about any HW and make it work?

I'm currently considering
Outre Yasmine (half-wig)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | OUTRE SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE YASMINE

Outre Sabina (half-wig)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | OUTRE SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE SABINA

Sensational Serena (LF)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | SENSATIONNEL SYNTHETIC LACE FRONT WIG SERENA

ModelModel Candace (LF)
Model Model Natural Hair Synthetic Lace Front Wig - Candace

I posted this in the half wig thread -- but what's your opinion?
How do you all go about shopping for HWs online? I see a lot of pretty HWs but am unsure if they would look the same when I put them on. I know that I've tried on some full caps that looked great but didn't look so good when I put them on. I've never tried on a HW though so I don't know how HWs work in that regard....can you order just about any HW and make it work?

I'm currently considering
Outre Yasmine (half-wig)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | OUTRE SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE YASMINE

Outre Sabina (half-wig)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | OUTRE SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE SABINA

Sensational Serena (LF)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | SENSATIONNEL SYNTHETIC LACE FRONT WIG SERENA

ModelModel Candace (LF)
Model Model Natural Hair Synthetic Lace Front Wig - Candace

I usually go for a HW that would require the least manipulation to my hair to try to blend it in. I like Yasmine b/c with some bantu knots, it can all blend in perfectly.

wearing Carmen today and about to take advantage of a nice sale going on a few wigs I've been eyeing. These should last me through majority of next year.

I'm ready for HYH 2011! This will help my transition to continue to go smoothly. 18+ months will be pretty doable if I keep this up.

Back