12 months progress pics - My 1 yr at LHCF **Picture Heavy**

BostonMaria

Hello ladies!

Actually it'll be 1 yr here at LHCF sometime mid-June since I joined. Today I went to a Dominican salon in Lynn, MA that I used to frequent when I had relaxed hair. I originally went to treat my daughter to get her hair done (tomorrow, 5/31 is Mother's Day in the Dominican Republic and that was my present to her) but since I was already there I decided what the heck let me do my hair too.

I am a DIY'er and trust me it was hard letting somebody else do my hair. Especially harder paying $35 LOL :grin: But the results are nice. PM me if you're interested in the salon location.

So I get to the salon around 12:00pm. It wasn't packed at all so they washed my hair right away. Deep conditioning with God knows what, which was $5 extra.

Salon968.jpg

I sent Eisani a message on my Blackberry with this picture letting her know my hair was on FIYAH. Good Lord I had no idea the Pibbs was so damn hot. I got out and lowered the heat. My ears almost melted off!
Pondering.jpg

My granddaughter was being a pain in my *BLEEP* and was all over the place. I should've known better than to get my hair done with her there. She was playing with rollers and brushes. Just like grandma!
Pain.jpg

Ths stylist was very nice as she set my hair on FIYAH
I had to tell her a few times to please stop because the blowdryer was melting my brain. She told me to blowdry my hair more often so I could get used to the heat LOLOLOL Yeah lady, great advice. The owner asked me if I wanted a trim. I didn't even answer her LOL I knew that was gonna cost me $5 bucks and many tears so it wasn't an option.

Fiyah.jpg
Fiyah14.jpg

Final result. Not the greatest photo, but it was taken by an 8 yr old with my Blackberry Bold.

HairSide217.jpg

HairSide.jpg

Infamous bathroom shot that everyone does

Bathroomshot71.jpg

Bathroomshot.jpg

After about 4 hours in the salon I'm finally in the car

Car.jpg

The line is where I THINK waist length begins. I'm hoping to be there by Dec 09. Err umm don't mind the chichos (love handles) LOL :perplexed:grin:

fullbsl.jpg

So here is my May 08 - May 09 comparison pictures. Thanks!

May1YrComparison.jpg

Car.jpg

Boston Maria your hair looks simply divine. Great play by play!

If my hair was lookin' that good I would be doing that D.Chappelle Harlem Shake as soon as I got out of her chair (lol)...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Wow, BostonMaria...you retained a lot of growth in one year. To what do you attribute this amount of progress?
BTW...Your daughter and grandbaby are darling!!! :) You don't look old enough to have a grandbaby! :)

Last edited:
Boston Maria your hair looks simply divine. Great play by play!

If my hair was lookin' that good I would be doing that D.Chappelle Harlem Shake as soon as I got out of her chair (lol)...

LMAO! Thank you! I didn't do the Harlem Shake, but I did do the cabbage patch. Hope that counts for something.

I love your hair! I've been wanting a blowout lately, but since I'm in the nurture mode for a few months, I'd better wait. My hair just does not need extra stress right now.

Agreed! Yeah, what's your regimen?

I rollerset during the winter, use avocado butter and oils to seal my ends, try to keep heat to a minimum, detangle every day, deep condition 2x a week.... What else... I co-washed every day last summer, but my hair is too thick and getting long so I feel like its too much for me so I might just keep rollersetting but just bunning the rest of the summer.

TRACYEE, I love your hair!!!! I can hardly wait to get to your length!

Forgive any typos, I'm on the Crackberry

There is no way I have been here longer than you!!! Look at all that gorgeous hair, I am sooo jealous right now. LOL

You are beautiful, and so is your granddaughter!!!

Back