12 Inches In 12 Months - 2016

@Kells , for heat protectant my favs are: matrix sleek and Chi, iron guard.
The matrix sleek works really well. It not only is a great heat protectant but it works REALLY well preventing frizz from sweat and humidity.
Thank you pelohello <3, I'll look into this one!

Completed day 1 of this month's IM session.

I've decided to add a 2nd wash day to my week to increase moisture. So tonight I'll be doing a quick run thru my routine: pre-poo, clay cleanse, kckt, kccc.

LOL! I'M just seeing this, but being vegan is about being creative in the kitchen and learning textures and flavor blends. People ask my wife and I ask the time what we eat, same thing as everyone else. Just minute the dead flesh

Girl you Vegan ? How do you do it ? I'm over here struggling trying to be Vegetarian #ImHungry :cry:

It is official. I will be living in loose mini twist for 2016 :love3:. The maintenance and styling (after install) is practically non existent and my wash day was just cut in half. It really kinda don't get no better than that....

I just wanted to share a video that I thought had some really good info and tips on growing hair. This may be helpful for some and to encourage us in hair goals. I'm excited about next month's LC. I will be able to determine if my current reggie is working and if not it's still early enough for me to re-evaluate and make adjustments.

Below are videos of one of my fav utubers: naturallyquinn

I had a chlorella fruit smoothie today. I still have to invert. I plan on washing my hair tomorrow. I haven't washed my hair in about a week. I think I will do the full MHM tomorrow; if I'm up too it. Last week, I didn't really DC; I just applied my DC and let it air dry.

i guess I could. but i wonder what role the wheat germ plays. the wheat germ flavor is actually what makes it nasty

Now I get the eggs. I eat them too but not raw. My high protein go-to (hair) meal is boiled eggs, smoked salmon and greens. I just liked eating it, then I read how great it was for my hair. Lol.

What else do you add in?. You might be able to eat the what gem in a less offensive manner.

@mzteaze so the recipe on the drink your way to waistlength thread is milk, 1 egg, wheat germ old and raw wheat germ. The wheat germ oil makes it nasty. Ew. I add a banana to make it slightly less nasty. I'm going to use it until the ingredients run out to see if I got results.

Completed days 1 and 2 of this month's IM session. Wanted to cleanse and restyle last night but just wasn't up for it. I'll have to really psych myself up to get back into having a 2nd wash day.

I'm hesitant about doing a length check in March. Thinking about it makes me feel like I'm back to watching for new growth. I may not check until my one year DevaCut anniversary, which is around the 4th of July.

Now that it is February it is time for me to check in. I got an inch between November 29th and this past weekend YAY

I did a search and destroy about two weeks ago and I think I did a good job because I have not had any knots. Hopefully this can save me a bit of money on my hair cuts while keeping a bit more hair.

I have been taking the Miellie Organics supplement but I only take half a dosage because her pill is somewhat of a multi-vitamin and there is way to much vitamin A.

The regimen is still going well but there has been a bit of an adjustment. My hair is going through something, what I do not know but it is not pleased with oil and the front of my hair is not wanting to absorb anything everything just kind of lays on top. I switched henna types so maybe that is it, oddly so far my hair is not dry so I quit the DC and just use a regular conditioner (watered down 75/25), leave it on for about five minutes then rinse and I leave the clay on for between 15-30 mins. For my leave in I have been using my green tea, irish moss and slippery elm then I apply a watered down leave in (50/50) and gel. In between wash days I have been spritzing with a homemade spritz (rose water, aloe and castor oil).

I have also been keeping my hair up in a scarf when I am at home because I have a tendency to play with it while I am doing homework or working and it creates knots so this has helped.

The water is still hit or miss, the goal is 32 oz of pure water but some days I drink several cups of herbal tea and almost no pure water. But I am hydrated!!

This month I think I am going to try scalp massages

I just wanted to share a video that I thought had some really good info and tips on growing hair. This may be helpful for some and to encourage us in hair goals. I'm excited about next month's LC. I will be able to determine if my current reggie is working and if not it's still early enough for me to re-evaluate and make adjustments.

Thanks for sharing this. I need to incorporate a vitamin into my routine. I like her point on trimming/cutting.

not sure if I can take the egg smoothie anymore. it's just too nasty. i'm really wondering if I need to use the wheat germ oil because that's what makes it nasty. off to do research

Can't u add banana or berries to it for taste?...you were really looking forward to getting some thickness, i'd hate for you to just drop it.

not sure if I can take the egg smoothie anymore. it's just too nasty. i'm really wondering if I need to use the wheat germ oil because that's what makes it nasty. off to do research

I just cannot keep up w/my IM sessions, even w/an alarm...which i just shut off.

On a positive note one thing I noticed this weekend was a drastic decrease in shed hair. I washed Friday night and Saturday w/No-Poo Decadence and Sunday with a DIY clay mask (moisturizing all three days) but saw hardly any shed hair accumulated on the drain. I saw a little on my fingers, but not enough to make a ball in total or block the drain. I even used a comb during Sunday's wash and style and still nothing. I attribute this to adding spirulina and chlorella to my green tea spray. I spray my scalp w/this mix before my leave-in and gel. I really believe this topical application is nourishing and strengthening my scalp.

Going to Pre-poo for the 1st time ever tonight yaay!

Will use a mixture of heated oils overnight. and baggy

Using : EVCO/Jojoba/Sweet Almond/Peppermint/Rosemary and Lavender!

@mzteaze so the recipe on the drink your way to waistlength thread is milk, 1 egg, wheat germ old and raw wheat germ. The wheat germ oil makes it nasty. Ew. I add a banana to make it slightly less nasty. I'm going to use it until the ingredients run out to see if I got results.
@NaturallyBri87 when I don't feel like tasting the wheat germ for long, I just pop a tablespoon of it by itself and drink the shake afterwards.

I've had my hair down for a couple of days now, but it's back up now in it's protective style. Talk about knots. I had to cut out 2 knots. I contribute the knots to the dryness of my hair. I did not M&S during the days that I wore my hair down and I was wearing scarfs. I was going to wash my hair today but I ran out of clay and ACV. I guess I could use up my shea moisture shampoos, but it just makes my hair so dry afterwards.

I made up an oil/herb/EO/vitamin blend the other day - a recipe I saw on YT. I like the way it feels on my scalp so I will massage my scalp with it every other day.

I'm subbed toQuinn too! She's awesome.

My PS has changed from flat twists to 2 French braids, so I can ease off the head wraps and hats now:yay:

Back