1 Year Does Make A Difference...(my update)

texasqt

Well, although I've been a lurking member much longer, I really just started to pay attention to my hair last year. My hair is not where I want it to be but I'm definitely far away from where it was. I know what set backs kept me from reaching my goals (attempting to self-trim, understanding moisture vs. protein, not staying consistent) and I know the good things that have proven to be beneficial (stretching relaxers 10-12 weeks, mid-week co-washing and weekly DCs, growth aids, etc.). At this point, with all that I have learned thanks to my LHCF sisters, my hair has no choice but to keep improving!!!!

I'm looking forward to APL sometime next year!!!:yay:

My one-year anniversary gift to my hair was to start a fotki (and get rid of some of the photo space on my computer).

www.fotki.com/texassweet
pw in profile

Attachments

• 1-year comparison.jpg
    1-year comparison.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
YaY for you. I hope you don't have any setbacks next year.

i have my fingers cross for you and me.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!!! And thanks for the encouragement to keep it growing!
I am definitely looking to this next year being a better one. Truth be told - MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN THIS LONG!! NEVER!!! and when I could feel it on my back I started wearing it down more, started blowdrying again, etc. etc. I had my hair butchered in layers and most of it has finally evened out now. I'm glad I've accomplished that.

I'm all in on wearing it up for the next few months to get it past this point. Running to join the Bun Challenge!!!

WONDERFUL!! :clapping:

A year definitely DOES make a world of difference. Your hair looks healthy, shiny and beautiful!

Keep going. You're not very far from APL! :yep:

Back