You're BFF's SO cheated on her but she wants to get married to him?

locabouthair

He cheated twice (that she knows of)

Would you tell her to not get married to him?

I believe if someone cant be faithful if you two are in a rlp, how can they handle the commitment of marriage? JMO. I guess there are exceptions.

Would you tell your bff not to marry this man?

It's been my experience that grown people do what they want...

However, as a friend I would tell her that I don't feel that so and so is not the right person for her. He has cheated on her and I feel that he doesn't respect their relationship. Despite all of that however, she is still my friend and I support her in whatever she does. I only want for her happiness and if she feels that this man makes her happy then I will stand by her in that decision (and be a shoulder to cry on if it shouldn't work out).

That's it. I would state my opinion without condemning her and just let her know that I am always there for her no matter what her decision is. :yep:

I'd tell her once, continue to support her, but decline to be in the wedding, and just stock up on the ice cream n chocolate syrup, wine, and tissues so I could be ready for her if/when she needs me.

However, as a friend I would tell her that I don't feel that so and so is not the right person for her. He has cheated on her and I feel that he doesn't respect their relationship. Despite all of that however, she is still my friend and I support her in whatever she does. I only want for her happiness and if she feels that this man makes her happy then I will stand by her in that decision (and be a shoulder to cry on if it shouldn't work out).

That's it. I would state my opinion without condemning her and just let her know that I am always there for her no matter what her decision is. :yep:

This is exactly how I feel. But I would hope she wouldnt marry him. I know someone in this situation and I wonder if her friends told her not to marry him.

ITA with everyone else. If you tell her not to do it she will just remove you from the guest list and you will no longer be her BFF...sigh.

This is exactly what I'd do...whatever you do..be honest and make it clear you are not judging her...

Nothing you can do to stop it.

I have a bi ex who recently married. He has never been faithful to anyone and has never shared his bi-ness with his new missus. :perplexed

Now there is a slim chance that he'll be faithful but I'm betting that this will end badly.

Last edited:
Back