Your Staples: Shampoo, Conditioner, and Moisturizer

preciousjewel76

After being on this board for about a month and trying a few things, I've settled on a few staples. My regimen is starting to take shape!

Shampoo: Elucence MB or Creme of Nature (green label)
Conditioner: still searching - so many to try!
Moisturizer: S-Curl/water/oil mixture

What is YOUR staple poo, con, and moisturizer? Try to narrow it down to the products you reeeeeeeeaaaallllly love! :love:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature
Conditioner: Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Deep Con Mask
Moisturizer: Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. (sorry, it was so hard for me to narrow this one down to one,lol)

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (green label)
Conditioner: Motions conditioners
Moisturizer: keracare, profectiv, S-Curl/water/ mixture

Shampoo- Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense
Conditioner - Suave Professional Humectant
Moisturizer - Garnier Long and Strong Leave-In

B_Phlyy said:
Shampoo- Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense
Conditioner - Suave Professional Humectant
Moisturizer - Garnier Long and Strong Leave-In

Have you used the Suave as a deep con? I usually use if for cowashing, and I love it. I haven't gotten around to trying it as a DC yet.

Conditioner: NTM Mask or Relax with leisure moisturizing conditioner (I use the entire line actually except styling aids) I also use Suave humectant
Moisturizer: Pro line or Sta sof fro hair moisturizers with glycerine and oils

Last edited:
I'm currently working on revamping my hair care product stash. Even though I don't have a boat load of stuff, I feel like I can narrow my stash down a bit.

I don't know if these are my staples. I'm just trying to finish what I was using before LHCF

Shampoo-Suave Humectant/Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo *this IS a staple though* and Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner-Suave Humectant Conditioner & Lekair Cholesterol w/ EVOO

Leave In-NTM Silk Touch & Profectiv Healthy Ends w/ coconut oil

I use CON Poo and NTM mask as a DC. I use s-curl as a moisturizer. But I want another moisturizer though for when hair is out.

Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
Conditioner: Suave Daily Claryifying Conditioner, Elasta QP DPR-11(Deep contioner)
Moisturizer: Motions Oil Moisturizer

Anita Grants shampoo bar - Perfect for hard water areas.
Anita Grants rhassoul cubes
mosturiser is a homemade shea butter and coconut oil combo.

Shampoo-CON(green bottle) Keracare detangling shampoo
Conditioner-Con nourishing conditioner, Keracare humecto, Paltas, aphogee 2 minute keratin, ORS hair mayo, cpr motions, fantasia anti-breakage cream (I rotate these on a weekly basis)
Moisturizer-Scurl, NTM leave in, rusk smoother, and dew mist, profective healthy ends seal/kemi oyl

Last edited:
shampoo: Kenra Clarifying shampoo and Porosity control shampoo

condtioner: Aphogee Keratin and Motions After shampoo moisturizing

moisturizer: Loreal Vive Smooth intense leave in (discontinued :() or Qhemet's sidr tree balm

I've been using the following staples for about three months now:

Ojon Restorative Treatment ("PRE POO")
Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo
Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
Ojon Revitilizing Mist (Leave-in)

Just started using these and love them:

Ojon Glossing Creme and/or NTM Silk Touch Leave-in

Shampoo- KeraCare Moisturizing Shampoo
Conditioner- KeraCare Moisturizing Conditioner/Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment
Moisturizer- ORS Olive Oil seal with KeraCare Essential Oils

Shampoo: Alternate between Elucence MB & CON (green label)
Conditioner: (Alternate) Elucence MB & Aubrey Organics honey suckle rose
Leave-in: Rusk Smoother
Moisturizer: BBD stretch & my spray bottle mixture of distilled water, glycerin & essential oils.
Oil/sealant: coconut oil or black castor oil.

My only staple is DOO GRO® Tingling Growth Shampoo w/ Dandruff control

for a 2nd poo.. conditioner... and moisturizer, I've been using NTM.

preciousjewel76 said:
Have you used the Suave as a deep con? I usually use if for cowashing, and I love it. I haven't gotten around to trying it as a DC yet.

Yeah, I use it with a plastic cap and a warm towel. I don't know why, but I do not like using the heat cap for DC when I use this.

Shampoo: Keracare Hydrating and Creme of Nature
Conditiner: Mizani Moisturefuse and Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisturizer: Love, love, love Keracare conditioning creme hairdress...my hair has never felt better:grin:

Shampoos: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling
Conditioner: KeraCare Humecto (deep, deep conditioner), Motions Moisture-Plus, and Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Condtioner (least often) to follow co-washes
Moisturizers: KeraCare Oil Moisturizer, Motions Anti-Breakage Lotion, Africa's Best Hair Mayo, and I just got my KeraCare Hairdress... Once again, I can never have too many :lol: !!

Conditioner: V05 Moisture Milks
Moisturizer: Qhemet Biologics Alma andOlive Heavy Cream

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe
Conditioner: Nexxus Humectress, ORS Replenishing pak(for DP), and Nexxus Keraphix (I also like the Milk reconstructer in the Phtyo relaxer kit. Have been mixing that in as well)
Moisturizer: Not sure yet, but every night I use MTG on the scalp and another oil named Heatlhy Hair tonic on my ends, so I don't really need anything else after that application.

I wanna try Keracare Humecto SOOOOOO badly. Just haven't found the tub here in Nashville, but I have found the bottle. However, many of you say the tub is better. I think I will break down and order the tub online.:ohwell:

I use Nexxus Therrappe (poo), Nexxus Humecturess (cond.), and Aveda Elixir and Profectiv Free for moisture (on relaxed hair). For new growth moisture, I use Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Lite Cream Moisturizer (da bomb!)

Shampoo: Jason sea kelp and biotin
conditioner: sames as above
moisturixer: NTM leave in

Favorite shampoo is CON (green bottle)
Favorite conditioner is ORS hair mayo.
I don't have a fav. moisturizer cause I don't use any.

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe and Botanoil
Conditioner: Nexxus Keraphix and Humectress
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Mango Butter and ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe

Conditioner: Nexxus Humectress

Moisturizer: Wild Growth Hair Oil (I really feel that it's the only oil that's helped me retain a lot of growth, thus getting me finally to BSL :))

Back