You Tell Them You Don't Like Texting, And Then They Continue To Text?

GraceJones

I told this guy I'm talking to that I don't like texting that much, and I prefer face-to-face contact. I don't like the phone that much either but I told him he could call me. He just text me asking how my day is going. WHY?

I'll text for like quick little stuff, but he wants to have a FULL convo with me texting. WTH? Why can't he pick up a phone? I don't answer him anymore...

I hate talking on the phone, but I'd respect someone's wishes if they'd rather not text. Not that I'm going to ever call them :look: They'd just have to wait until we saw each other :look:

You told him not to text and he was basically like "Well I want to text and that matters more." Blech.

I hate talking on the phone, but I'd respect someone's wishes if they'd rather not text. Not that I'm going to ever call them :look: They'd just have to wait until we saw each other :look:

You told him not to text and he was basically like "Well I want to text and that matters more." Blech.

This is why I'm like live and let live. People are who they are and like what they like. I don't think it's too deep. If someone is not on the same page or willing or able to get on the same page just KIM or you adapt, adjust, change, compromise, whatever. But repeating your wishes over and over or trying to get someone to change is a waste of energy. I couldn't deal with a man who only texted. I need to hear a person's voice. Otherwise I feel disconnected.

And OP you don't like texting OR the phone? You can't see someone everyday unless you live or work together. So like I don't get how that works either. I mean you said you would talk if you had to but like it's an imposition. So idk. When you can't see them face to face you'd just prefer no communication?

This is why I'm like live and let live. People are who they are and like what they like. I don't think it's too deep. If someone is not on the same page or willing or able to get on the same page just KIM or you adapt, adjust, change, compromise, whatever. But repeating your wishes over and over or trying to get someone to change is a waste of energy. I couldn't deal with a man who only texted. I need to hear a person's voice. Otherwise I feel disconnected.

And OP you don't like texting OR the phone? You can't see someone everyday unless you live or work together. So like I don't get how that works either. I mean you said you would talk if you had to but like it's an imposition. So idk. When you can't see them face to face you'd just prefer no communication?

I don't even know how to answer that. I'm trying to get over my antisocial behaviors.

I don't like text or phone calls. One guy I am talking to does not like texting and he told me that. I am respectful to his wishes. So he needs to ask me out often.

I hate talking on the phone but the guy I'm dating prefers it over txting so I do it. I still text though and sometimes he txts back and sometimes he will respond with a phone call :rolleyes: because I like him I think it's cute :giggle: when other people do that they go to voicemail :look:

This guy is so weird. He texted me hello today and nothing else. WTH...
The conversations he has don't never go no where. I don't like texting for long conversation because I think it's dumb. Why text for hours about a conversation you could have had in minutes?

ugh! OP I feel you about the texting. Its making some people lazy when it comes to the getting to know you stage. I think phone calls are better. Could you meet him halfway and be open to phone calls?

IME you can tell a man what you like but he will still do what he wants. If you're in the dating stages I wouldn't waste my energy trying to convince him otherwise. I tried this with two guys...one I really liked and one I liked but not as much as the first guy :look:
First guy called me once and then reverted back to texts. Second guy text me a few times but know i'm not responsive so he calls me each time he wants to arrange for us to meet. Second guy is winning and first guy still texts me but I've deleted his number.

I believe that some guys who exclusively text... Are stringing along a few ladies at a time. When I am in a committed relationship I love texting just to stay connected throughout the day ... (with little jokes and funny pics, comments ) . But, as for someone I am trying to get to know....we have that "when is the best time to chat " conversation ... And then we talk non- stop on the regular.... If u can't provide a time of day where u are free to just chat it up with me... Then KIM

Back