You Said You Wanted to See My Natural Hair! Here Goes!! (PICS)

I decided to log on this morning because i'm at the point of transition where I'm soooo ready to just get a perm and give it up. This thread is keeping me motivated to keep striving towards my goal. I think I need to start taking pics too....

Thanks for posting!! If you don't mind me asking, what is your hair type?

I decided to log on this morning because i'm at the point of transition where I'm soooo ready to just get a perm and give it up. This thread is keeping me motivated to keep striving towards my goal. I think I need to start taking pics too....

Thanks for posting!! If you don't mind me asking, what is your hair type?

I'm a natural 4a. Don't give up on your transition. You'll see...it'll definitely be worth it in the end.

Re: You Said You Wanted to See My Natural Hair! Here Goes!! (PIC HEAVY)

February 07

September 07

December 07

August/September 08

December 08

My hair is pressed bone straight on the right. It's pass the hole when stretched.

February 09 (cut 3")

March 09
(first time I flat iron my hair myself)

[/quote]
What made you decide to go natural? I'm ready for the bc due to more gray. I prefer to color my hair than continue to relax. I can't handle both, besides I've never seen my hair without a relaxer for over 30 years. With the help of LHCF, I'm positive I can achieve BSL without a relaxer.

Simone

Last edited:
What made you decide to go natural? I'm ready for the bc due to more gray. I prefer to color my hair than continue to relax. I can't handle both, besides I've never seen my hair without a relaxer for over 30 years. With the help of LHCF, I'm positive I can achieve BSL without a relaxer.

Simone

Simone

I decided to stop relaxing prior to finding BHM and LHCF. I didn't have all the knowledge that I have now, but I knew that my hair had a tendency to break whenever I relaxed it. It never looked healthy, and it was very thin. Also, I had serious breakage in my nape (you can see the pics to see what I'm talking about). Every time I relaxed my hair, I would get a bald spot in my nape, and I couldn't figure out what was happening. Of course now I know that it was because of overprocessing.

WOW!! thank you for sharing these w/ us :) You and your hair are beautiful...great progress! Very encouraging to me :)

wow wonderful hair i wish my hair was that pretty that's why am going natural perm was burning my scalp and makeing my hair fall out a plus i don't like the chemicals right now i can see where the new growth is.

Wow! your hair is beautiful natural and straight! I'm just beginning my hair growth journey (had a short cut for a few years now I'm ready to grow it) and this has really motivated me!

The stark difference between your hair in Nov 2006 to now shows that hair can thrive with some TLC. :yep:

I love your hair, weaves, buns, dag all of it.

Please don't think I am weird but I love this photo of your neck LOL
it's looks so long and attractive.

f_IMG8395m_2ebf94f.jpg

Your growth is amazing too! thanks for posting do many pics

Wow, that is amazing progress!! :clap: Pictures like these help me to stay focused on my goals! Thanks for posting!!

Ditto! Wow! I didn't realize that you went through all of these changes with your hair. It's such a journey!

Quick question though, which flat iron did you use on your hair when you ironed it yourself?

Back