You Said You Wanted to See My Natural Hair! Here Goes!! (PICS)

ooh! u my transitioning she-ro. i'm in h-town too so give me some tips on salons that can help with the progress. ur hair is AWESOME!!!!! Tuly an inspiration as I have been wrestling with this decision since suffering a major setback with relaxers being part of the culprit i'm sure. having major breakage. it is slowly slowing down so i've decided that's it! relaxers irritate my skin too bad anyways. so now i am all for it. how did u handle the change since you didn't chop the ends right away. OMG- what to do??:lachen:

subscribing.........

I've been transitioning (again) for 10 1/2 months now and the ONLY reason I didn't slap the relaxer, that's been in my closet for a year, in this uncontrollable head is because I was too tired after working a 24-hour shift. I called a co-worker of mine and she was like "don't do it. Press it, put it away, something, but you'll regret it if u put that perm in."

She was right. Had I done it, then saw this post, I would have been so sad. Thanks for chronicling ur hair journey. Your hair is beautiful and inspirational.

I'll be watching.......................:grin:

subscribing.........

I've been transitioning (again) for 10 1/2 months now and the ONLY reason I didn't slap the relaxer, that's been in my closet for a year, in this uncontrollable head is because I was too tired after working a 24-hour shift. I called a co-worker of mine and she was like "don't do it. Press it, put it away, something, but you'll regret it if u put that perm in."

She was right. Had I done it, then saw this post, I would have been so sad. Thanks for chronicling ur hair journey. Your hair is beautiful and inspirational.

I'll be watching.......................:grin:

I'm happy that you didn't relax. I think you probably would have regretted it. 10.5 months is a long time to transition, and then end up relaxing. There are a lot of styles to consider while transitioning. Have fun with it!!

ooh! u my transitioning she-ro. i'm in h-town too so give me some tips on salons that can help with the progress. ur hair is AWESOME!!!!! Tuly an inspiration as I have been wrestling with this decision since suffering a major setback with relaxers being part of the culprit i'm sure. having major breakage. it is slowly slowing down so i've decided that's it! relaxers irritate my skin too bad anyways. so now i am all for it. how did u handle the change since you didn't chop the ends right away. OMG- what to do??:lachen:

Hey there! I didn't really go to salons during my transition. I had a few sew-ins to help me though, so I didn't have to mess with my hair that much. You can check out my fotki for the contact info for the stylist.

Congrats on your decision to transition! It will be a very exciting journey!

Your hair is beautiful and very inspirational.Did you do anything in particular to your nape area to promote growth? Or did you just stick to your overall regimen and the growth thrived?? Thanks for sharing I am subscribing now!!

Your hair is beautiful and very inspirational.Did you do anything in particular to your nape area to promote growth? Or did you just stick to your overall regimen and the growth thrived?? Thanks for sharing I am subscribing now!!

Thank you! Once I stopped relaxing, applying tension to my nape (stopped trying to squeeze the little hairs to fit in my ponytail), and giving it extra moisture, it thrived on its own.

your hair is gorgeous! makes me want to forget about texlaxing.

You look pretty fit? Do you work out? How does your natural hair respond?

I LOVE YOUR HAIR SO MUCH I HAD TO USE CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hair is gorgeous!!! I'm on the transition fence (18wks) so seeing heads like yours is really inspiring!

OMG, your hair is so gorgeous! Can you please school a natural newbie on how to get your hair strait like that?:notworthy

WOW, your hair is gorgeous!

Okay, this question might seem crazy basic, but how did you get this bun?? I've seen other ppl with it like this too and it is just simple and gorgeous. When I try to do mine it doesn't look like that lol. It looks either too loose or too tight. . .yours is perfection!!! :love: Instruct me pls :)

I think this is the most pic heavy hair journey I have seen so far (I think), and THIS is exactly why I joined this site. I wanted to be able to SEE what people achieved when they stayed true to their regimens and actually grew their hair from short to whatever long meant for them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!! This is so wonderful. Your hair is healthy and beautiful, and for those of us with your texture, we can see how pretty our hair can be if we continue to work at it, be patient, protective style, and use the right products for our hair.

This is soooooo inspirational. I know people have already written everything here, but I had to do it one more 'gain! lol Great thread.

Subscribing for inspiration....

cj

your hair is gorgeous! makes me want to forget about texlaxing.

You look pretty fit? Do you work out? How does your natural hair respond?

Thanks! Sorry I don't work out though. I need to. I worked out last year for a couple months while I was still transitioning, and I would wear my hair in a bun.

OMG, your hair is so gorgeous! Can you please school a natural newbie on how to get your hair strait like that?:notworthy

Thank you! I've only straightened my hair by myself once, and I don't think it came out that great. I used too much Sabino, so my hair was really heavy. For the actual process, I blowdryed my hair first. Then, I separated it in very small sections. I did the comb chase method. I used a small tooth comb to comb it through, and followed that with my CHI flat iron.

WOW, your hair is gorgeous!

Okay, this question might seem crazy basic, but how did you get this bun?? I've seen other ppl with it like this too and it is just simple and gorgeous. When I try to do mine it doesn't look like that lol. It looks either too loose or too tight. . .yours is perfection!!! :love: Instruct me pls :)

Thank you! I hope I can explain it well enough. I finger combed my hair up in a high pony. I didn't brush it because it didn't want it to look too sleek. I loosely secured it with a ponytail holder. I only wrapped it around twice. From there, I just wrapped my ends under (kinda like if you're doing a pincurl), and I pinned it. Hope that kinda explains it. Sorry.

I think this is the most pic heavy hair journey I have seen so far (I think), and THIS is exactly why I joined this site. I wanted to be able to SEE what people achieved when they stayed true to their regimens and actually grew their hair from short to whatever long meant for them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!! This is so wonderful. Your hair is healthy and beautiful, and for those of us with your texture, we can see how pretty our hair can be if we continue to work at it, be patient, protective style, and use the right products for our hair.

This is soooooo inspirational. I know people have already written everything here, but I had to do it one more 'gain! lol Great thread.

Subscribing for inspiration....

cj

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of that. I definitely know what you mean about people sharing their journey. I saw a lot when I first started that definitely inspired me, and motivate me to keep trying. Seeing is believing! Thank you!!

you are beautiful , your hair is beautiful and I admire your journey. KUDOS FOR YOU CHICA!!! can we say there's a LHCF of the month brewing??? :-)

Back