You know you're deep in a relaxer stretch when.............

When naturals give you the nod of approval as they walk by like "Sup my sista! We doin this natural thang!".

I'm like "Wait, I'm just stretching! Don't give me the natural nod!"

I feel like a fraud. :ohwell:

LOL!! I like this....soo true. Counting down the days/weeks 'til the touchup!:lol::lol:

Parts of ones hair look like varying sizes of Afro puffs- I am at wk. 30 and the nape and crown of my hair look like curly Afro puffs. :yep: I smooth my hair into a bun so it isn't noticeable :lol::lachen:!

When your scalp becomes "uncharted area" through the thickness of your NG!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

When you go to wear your hair out and your S/O says "I like your hair when its big like that!" and the only response you can give him is putting your hair in the same boring bun its been in forever because now your just not cool with this situation....

When you hair looks like the pic below from the back --- major helmet head at 3months post :grin:

picture.php

You start carrying a fine-toothed comb because your edges roll up and tighten every hour on the hour.........

I'm dying so hard reading this thread. Thanks ladies for reminding me why I decided to transition.

When you're guy friend or a male stranger looks at you and accidentally blurts out "Oh yea I need to buy a new wave cap".

When naturals give you the nod of approval as they walk by like "Sup my sista! We doin this natural thang!".

I'm like "Wait, I'm just stretching! Don't give me the natural nod!"

I feel like a fraud. :ohwell:

LMBO!! sunnieb I can tell you are a master stretcher because I have gotten all of yours. This one here though is a classic, lol! The last person to comment on my NG looked up at my head and said girl you might as well come on over to the other side and stop playing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

When you work from home and suddenly realize you haven't left the house in two weeks because you don't know what to do with your hair.

When you go from "h3ll nah I'm not getting out this car til it stops raining" to "Well it's not that far of a walk. Maybe I can sprint it" to not even thinking about how rain/sweat/humidity/etc will affect your hair.

When the thought of wearing your hair in the same 'ol bun everyday for 4 weeks sounds like a good plan.

Here's my hair today at 15 weeks post and this is how it will look until April 26.

ForumRunner_20130410_140928.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

When the thought of wearing your hair in the same 'ol bun everyday for 4 weeks sounds like a good plan.

Here's my hair today at 15 weeks post and this is how it will look until April 26.

Girl that looks good!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

When co-workers drop not so subtle hints:

"Yeah girl, my hair is a mess" (her hair is laid like the pavement) "I need to get this done, you know?"

Me::ohwell:

Gurrrl me too! I set my hair once a week, wear it out one day and then bun-it-up until I wash or co-wash. Repeat. I'm a 22 weeks post today. I need to go'on head and relax. I'm two weeks past due.

You catch a glimpse of your hair in the mirror and think "Whoah! That's why folk think I'm natural." :look:

When you wear a braid out n your students are like "Mrs. C, you natural aint you."

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

When detangling gets more and more subjective.

Freshly relaxed - root to tip

11 weeks post - meh, as long as I can comb through the last 7-8 inches, I'm good. :look:

When certain people around you develop a sudden phobia of new growth and constantly remind you that you "need to do something about that mess!"

Doing your hair makes you tired. I mean really tired as in - you had energy prior to doing your hair, but are exahusted afterward.

You wear your hair down because you can't put all the newgrowth and straight hair in any othe style that looks decent.

You post a 'marking my spot' post in the Relaxer Reveal thread.

You start to just be 'over' your hair and stretching.

Back