You know you're deep in a relaxer stretch when.............

when you get your bun edges as smooth as possible then your "co-worker-friend" bluntly asks what the h3!! is going on with your head.

You are massaging your scalp and happen to look in the mirror and can't see any of your fingers.............

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

When you start thinking that 1 box of relaxer will not be enough.

When you break at least 1 hair tool per week (combs, clips, etc)

When your mom says, "Gal what's going on wit your head"

When every wig you put on results in you looking like a cone head.

:) my new growth:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121212_184603.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121212_184603.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 229
  • ForumRunner_20121212_184632.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121212_184632.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 163
  • ForumRunner_20121212_185053.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121212_185053.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 147
You decide if you're gonna deal with that you may as well go ahead and go natural. At least that's what happ to me so now I'm transitioning.

I'm thinking about this right now. I even went and purchased an electric pressing comb from Target last month.

You spend 45 minutes wasting time on LHCF when you know dern well you should be in there cowashing your hurr. Just so hard to get in the mood......

When your head get sor from anticipating the wash day but you would rather massage the soreness out instead of going through the was day fuss.

You start using 2 or 3 times more bobby pins than normal cuz you need those extras to hold down and help keep your hair not look poofy while in a bun.

Your husband, who's doesn't even care about hair, shows you youtube videos about caring for natural hair. Happened to me today. :lol:

When your hair laughs at conditioner. Slurp, slurp, slurp.
When I am trying every product that says: detangling.
When I think of washing my hair but look at it and change my mind (give up).......mentally saying: ain't nobody got time for dis (NG).

When you stand under the shower and can't feel the water on your head. You have to open your hair to let the water in.

You take a day off work to prepare your hair to be flat ironed.......

Complete detangling takes hours, not minutes.

Half your hair is dry by the time you finish detangling the other half.

You tell people you have to do your hair and they know it means you won't be seen until the next day.

A beanie (with a bonnet underneath) becomes your best friend.

I'm 24 weeks post and flat ironing tonight, I currently have a beanie on with my ends saran wrapped. I've taken half the day off to go through the steps necessary to flat iron, and will still probably be up past midnight.

:lachen: I love this thread! I don't stretch very long (usually about 2-3 months), but I still experience a lot of this stuff. :lol:

When you put a hat on your freshly relaxed hair and it's so loose, that it almost slides off your head. Wore the same hat last week at 18 weeks post, and it was TIGHT!

when you realize you need to wash your hair and then you're like forget it b/c you don't wanna battle the new growth (sadly I have to brave this battle since i used sulfure oil a few weeks ago and i dont want sulfur on my scalp when i relax)

When naturals give you the nod of approval as they walk by like "Sup my sista! We doin this natural thang!".

I'm like "Wait, I'm just stretching! Don't give me the natural nod!"

I feel like a fraud. :ohwell:

Back