You know you have a hair obsession when

buffalosoldier

1. You go to Target in desperate need of soap then when you arrive home you realise that you somehow forgot the soap but did buy 2 new bottles of conditioner that you dont need.
2. You find out that you are going to the Dominican republic and immediately you think about buying some tropical conditioners.
3. You start finding excuses to buy hair products for your Bf, although he has had the same tired bald fade for the last ten years and couldnt possible benefit from a $100 chi flat iron off ebay.
4.Everytime you mention the word hair (well actually half the word ha..) peoples eyes immediately glaze over and they quickly change the subject.
5. Your digital camera is full of pics of yourself taken by yourself wearing different hairstyles.
6. Everytime you tell your Bf a nice juicy piece of celebrity gossip he replies sarcasticly 'did you read that on the hair board?'
7. You can unscrew, sniff and rescrew 150 different bottles of shampoo and conditioner in one minute and 25 seconds.
8. You start sneaking your new hair products into the house on the DL so that your SO wont start talking S...
9. Everytime you watch a reality tv show you look in the shower or on the bathroom counter to see what hair products they use.
10. Everytime you watch a reality tv show you look in the shower or on the bathroom counter to see what hair products they use and realise that you have tried every single one.
And finally #11.
You encourage your Bf to use your shampoo. Then when you anxiously ask him how he liked it he replies simply 'it was aiiight' You ask him to elaborate and he tells you "I SAID it was aiiight" Still not satisfied you ask him if it 'felt moisturising" at which point he starts shouting at you. You sulk and refuse to speak to him for the next 5 hours. When he apologizes and asks how he can make it up to you.... Yeah you guessed it ..you bring up the $100 chi flat iron off ebay
smile.gif

I'm sure this has been done before but feel free to add:)

When you carefully inspect every hair that you shed making sure it doesn't contain splits ect...

As soon as you find knots or split ends you become depressed...and PM your hair buddies for support....

When you check your hair in the mirror every 10 seconds wondering if it has grown.

Every time when you hear a snap or pull in ur hair you want to cry, especially due to clothing that you are wearing like cotton.

If you find out something good relating to hair you rush to post it on this board

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:

6. Everytime you tell your Bf a nice juicy piece of celebrity gossip he replies sarcasticly 'did you read that on the hair board?'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh that is SO true!! Everytime my boyfriend calls me on my cell phone ( While Im actually at home) he immediately asks before even saying hello, " Youre on your hair board huh?"
He's obviously been calling my home number for hours unable to get through due to the fact Ive been online for 3-4 hours!

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
5. Your digital camera is full of pics of yourself taken by yourself wearing different hairstyles.

8. You start sneaking your new hair products into the house on the DL so that your SO wont start talking S...

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, quit spying on me.
lachen70.gif

Here are a few:

--when your favorite hair board is down and you don't know what the heck to do with the free time you've got on your hands.

--When you hear your SO's key at the door and you frantically close all the hair board's webpages, cause you don't want to see that look on his face that says "
nono.gif
She is on the hair board again..."

--When this sublimely handsome man walks down the street, and you don't notice him, cause you were checking out this other woman whose hairstyle is off da hook!

...you can make 3 different types of buns without a mirror or even thinking about it

...you can tell from just looking at someone's hair what color rollers they use

...you wear a "security" hair band on your wrist or in your pocket book, just in case you get nervous and get the urge to put your hair up on the few occasions you wear your hair down

...you describe the hair products that dont work for you as "crap in a bottle" and only use the real name of the products that work for your hair

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, quit spying on me.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, she must have been a fly on my wall!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
2. You find out that you are going to the Dominican republic and immediately you think about buying some tropical conditioners.

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
I can definitely relate to this one. When I went to the DR in September, conditioners were certainly on my mind.
laugh.gif

Your life's calendar is based on how many weeks it's been since you've had a re-touch and how long it will be before your next one.

You can remember different events in your life based on how long it had been since your retouch when it happened.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

You can remember different events in your life based on how long it had been since your retouch when it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

girl you are throwed off!!!!
lachen70.gif
get outta my head ...i find myself doing this at times
look.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

girl you are throwed off!!!!
lachen70.gif
get outta my head ...i find myself doing this at times
look.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:

--When you hear your SO's key at the door and you frantically close all the hair board's webpages, cause you don't want to see that look on his face that says "
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
I do that everyday
lachen70.gif

You keep your computer on for days so LHCF will remember your login name and pw for every day you check the board.
laugh.gif

You can measure inches using your fingers instead of a ruler.
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Your life's calendar is based on how many weeks it's been since you've had a re-touch and how long it will be before your next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was just me!
shocked.gif

You wake up from a sleep gasping and panting because you dreamt some bi@#& hairdresser chopped too much of your hair off/it was coming out in clumps/you forgot your silk scarf.

You go to a beauty supply for one thing and casually look to see what the long haired ladies in the store are eyeballing and picking up.

You rather have detox effects (REGULAR DETOX )from MSM than go without it.

When people call YOU asking if you have any hair products you dont want..

When your SO knows one way to get on your good side is to shower you with hair compliments *rolls eyes*

Part of your vacation plans for whatever location you're headed to will include a sightseeing trip to the local BSS.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
another one...getting on Long Hair Care Forum almost everyday!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost everyday, I'm here everyday and having a fit when on the days that I can't get on
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
spanishteardrops said:
[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:

nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
I do that everyday
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I get "caught" all the time! Maybe we should start a support group for all the men who have women who are addicted to hair board.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Raquel said:
Almost everyday, I'm here everyday and having a fit when on the days that I can't get on
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops...how could I forget that one? Sadly it's several times a day for me.
laugh.gif

You can measure inches using your fingers instead of a ruler.

OMG -- yes!! It would be odd to walk around with a ruler, so I've measured one "onto" my fingers using the lines on the inside of my fingers..
lachen70.gif
hey, it's convenient!

You can't pass the hair products without going in (even if they are 2 doors apart)and purchase from each shop.
You get home with more poos, conditoners, oils and think when, how and which ones to use.
You check the hair sites 2, 3 times (plus) a day(more at weekends)and then wonder where the time has gone.
spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]
zigzag1 said:
You can't pass the hair products without going in (even if they are 2 doors apart)and purchase from each shop.
You get home with more poos, conditoners, oils and think when, how and which ones to use.
You check the hair sites 2, 3 times (plus) a day(more at weekends)and then wonder where the time has gone.
spinning.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I feel so bad and lazy when I go on to check one question and end up reading at least 3 pages.
spank.gif

Back