"you have to stop using suave...and VO5"

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::wallbash:

That beautiful hair is monetarily out of the reach of the average person. Because those products are expensive as all h3ll. C'mon now, all the hair care products in the world, including different ones used at different salons, and somehow those are the only 2 that will give you salon results? Makes you wonder if they're getting kick backs? Shoot, if I want salon results, all I have to do is comb my hair real rough til it rips out of my head and I want to cry from the pain, slap some mineral oil-based product on it, and turn some heat appliance on extra hot and burn my ear. Bam, salon results.

IMO, if it works, work it. The price tag will get your attention, but the way your hair responds is what will keep you using it. :yep: As long as you like the results, I say don't think about the brand.

I also don't agree with their comment about there being only 2 brands that will result in your hair looking like you stepped out of a salon. The appearance of your hair has more to do with HOW you use your product than what you use. I don't care what brand it is, but if you slap something on your hair without knowing how to use it properly, the end result probably won't get a good one. :nono:

Sometimes, you really have to take articles revolving african american hair with a grain of salt.

If Suave, V05, Pantene Relaxed & Natural is working for you, then by all means KEEP USING IT!!

I'm a former PJ and have been through hundreds of dollars worth of products over the years and I've narrowed them down to several products that I use all the time, because I get CONSISTENT results. I don't get nice hair today, then whack hair the next time I use them. My hair comes out the same EVERY TIME. That's important to me, along with softness, moisture, sheen/shine, curl/coil definition and frizz control (though I'm not that obsessive about it like I used to be).

I haven't updated my fotki with new pics and products yet, but will sometime next month.

Back