"You go for me and I'm taboo, but if you're hard to get...

jeanghrey

I go for you"..okay what is wrong with me. Ever since I stepped up my "That girl" game I've been getting compliments left and right, especially at work, men of all races have taken notice and I've gotten several offers for dinner, lunch, love note emails. But I'm totally obsessing over this one guy who basically gives me the "Hi" and "Bye" treatment. I can't explain it at all but something about him (at least physically) just does it for me. I'd be willing to break my don't date coworker rule but he hasn't even hinted, and I'm pretty sure he's got one if not several women in rotation. Logically I know this is dead in the water but I can't let go...any suggestions on how to get over this obsession? SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! You said it "I'm pretty sure he's got one if not several women in rotation"...do you want that in your life? You wanna be one of them?

HTH with the obsession.

Why set yourself up for failure? You deserve a man that can treat you like the precious woman that you are. :) Leave him alone and focus on yourself. It seems like your priorities are a bit off. I wish you all the best. Please learn from others who have been in similar situations.

I agree with the previous posters. Also, the fact that you work with him will make it TERRIBLE if you get involved with him as one of many and you end up not liking that, which I presume you would after a while. And then, if you try to make yourself available and he isn't receptive, it's still going to be TERRIBLE! Accept one of those other nice (non coworker) guys' offers :)

I know you ladies are all right. And the logical, vulcan side of my brain is practically screaming the same thing. Don't get me wrong I'm not acting on this in any way (not trying to mess up my paper) , just trying to shake the feeling but its hard, now I have some inkling of how an addict feels; you know its bad for you but feels like you can't do without it. Damn! Damn! Damn!

When I was younger I used to be somewhat like that wondering why a guy wasn't interested in me even though I had plenty others to choose from. Now older and wiser, if I am interested and he's not, I look at it first in terms of time and energy. Then I say well, clearly he's not worth it especially if I suspect he has women in rotation or he's not ready or he's blind or whatever and I K.I.M. Either way, I lose nothing, not time, not energy and certainly not dignity. Hope that will help some but life is way too short to spend obsessing over a guy who doesn't seem interested.

I know you ladies are all right. And the logical, vulcan side of my brain is practically screaming the same thing. Don't get me wrong I'm not acting on this in any way (not trying to mess up my paper) , just trying to shake the feeling but its hard, now I have some inkling of how an addict feels; you know its bad for you but feels like you can't do without it. Damn! Damn! Damn!

You think it's bad NOW....what if you had sex with the guy, and it was REALLY good? :look:

I'd much prefer it be someone pursuing me, with similar interests in terms of what I want relationship-wise (not sure if you're just looking to date or what), and someone who doesn't work where I work. But that's just me....

I agree with everyone else, I wouldn't even bother. The feeling will pass eventually.

SN: I get that song stuck in my head ALL THE TIME. I love "Carmen Jones".

Back