You get what you pay for 'untruths'...

Re: You get what you pay for \'untruths\'...

I saw it at Target when I was looking for the HE intensive blend Conditioning Balm.

This is a great thread!!! I bought a tube of Terax Crema a few months ago when everyone was raving about it and it was sooo not worth the money (4 oz tube for $25
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
) Even with heat, it did very little for my hair.

Some inexpensive products that I am loving recently:

Tropical Pacifica Condtioner - $1.99 at Ulta
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Clairol 5x Renewal Replenishing Conditioner
Olive Oil

So true!

I will always have these cheapies in my cabinet:

Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream ($2.99 for a large tub)

Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Gel ($2.99 for a large tub)

Suave Conditioners ($0.79-$1.29 for 15 oz. size), good for quick detangling or conditioner washes

Dady Jojoba Shampoo ($2.99, a fairly gentle Dominican shampoo that works for me. It's my staple.)

Lafier Honey/Almond Rinse ($3.99/bottle) One of my staples. I used it watered down as my leave-in when roller-setting.

Over the years, I've tried more expensive substitutes for the above by Kiehl's, Biolage, TGI Bedhead, Terax, Paul Michell, etc.

I always come back to the cheapies listed above.
grin.gif

The Pantene R&N which I finally found in my area an bought everything but the oil sheen for $12.

PS. I am so in love with this pantene. The shampoo felt like a foaming conditioner. I LOVe IT!

Thats true sweetcocoa sometimes your just buying the name like clothing,I guess everything has a name brand and you just have to buy the name instead of whats in the bottle.It would be better to compare the ingredients on the container to see if the ingredients are the same,and another thing is that the same cosmetic chemists that work for the expensive companies work for the cheap ones too. A good book to read that provides us with information on this topic is don't go shopping for hair care products without me by Paula Begoun.

Great thread! My favorite cheapies are

V05 Kiwi&Lime Squeeze clarifying shampoo
V05 Clarifying Conditioner ( Citrus )
Suave Naturals Aloe Vera conditioner
Olive Oil
All of the Profectives stuff
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil
Africa's Best Herbal Oil

My Favorites

Lekair Cholesterol
Queen Helene's Placenta Creme Conditioner: In my opinion it works better than the Keraphix.
profective mega growth: in moderation
Africa's Best Herbal Oil
Infusium 23: but I will be trying 911 on my hair, I remember my Mom used to use it.

Most of my products are extremely inexpensive:
My shampoo (Dr. Bronners) is $3.99 for an 8oz concentrated bottle. After diluting it ends up being 56oz.
My moisturizer for when my hair is all out (Carefree curl Instant Moisturizer spray) is $8 for 32 oz
My scalp *treatment* spray is homemade and consists of water (free!), Rosemary essential oil ($5.99 for a 0.5 oz bottle, which is actually quite a bit considering how little I need), vitamin-e oil (straight from CVS! I get the highly concentrated one for $3.99).

The only expensive thing in my regimen is my Aubrey's GPB and I plan to replace that with a generic version (much cheaper) of Joico's K-Pak.

Any recs for cheap but good protein conditioners?

My favorite cheapies are:

V-05 Strawberries and cream conditioner (.99) and Leisure Curl's moisturizing spray. ($3.99)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You could try aphogee 2 minute keratin it cost around $5

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generic Joico K-Pak, RX Professional Prescription Super Protein Pac (both at Sally's), Hi-Pro Pac and Infusium Power Pac are some good ones that cost under $5.

I love my vo5 strawberries and cream
Vo5 shine and detangle is great on natural hair.
Aussie moist does what is says
Profectiv megagrowth I use to pull back my hair

sweetcocoa ... Why didn't you like the Redken Heavy Creme?

Ballet Bun ..
driver.gif

great thread, where the hay was this hiding
laugh.gif
--i see a trip to CVS possibly in my future
smile.gif

dont forget honey, distilled water (89 CENTS A GALLON!), cocoa butter - the yellow kind 99 cents a stick!

[ QUOTE ]
zanna said:
For me, it's the Suave Biobasic, I just love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this shampoo too, and I was suprised at how nice my hair felt after washing with it.

Back