What Products Have You Tried Most Recently?

[ QUOTE ]
Got2B Smooth Emergency Protein Creme: Absolutley Love It!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been eyeing this. How do you use it (with/without heat? how long?)? And is it one of those protein conditioners that makes your hair hard or does it make it soften/moisturize as well?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most recently is anything I've tried over the past say 2-3 months:

Pantene Smooth & Sleek - I must be one of the few who actually hate this. Hair felt rough and was alot drier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same experience with Pantene S&S. I wouldn't buy it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wanted to like it too but it left my hair feeling rough and dry...
blush.gif
hwell: I am really liking Salon Selectives' Don't Fade On Me color protecting conditioner, especially for conditioner washes. I *love* Kerastase Masquintense.
smile.gif

Hennalucent - it didn't do anything; might retry
confused.gif

Aura Cacia Gel - still tweaking the amount I use
Ecco Bella Shea Butter conditioner - didn't soften my hair like I expected

OK...Pantene's smooth and Sleek is a KEEPER !!! I did my second roller set last nite and wrapped it before sleeping. My hair is a LOT smoother this time...no frizzies at all...the wrap moothed the curls but the rollers added body and bounce...WOW!!! I guess the Humectress wasnt all that great for my hair...I will still use it, though...maybe for conditioner washes in the summer when Im just doing a wet pigtail...

[ QUOTE ]
Most recently is anything I've tried over the past say 2-3 months:

Pantene Smooth & Sleek - I must be one of the few who actually hate this. Hair felt rough and was alot drier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread and the above quote prooves that a hair product will not work for everyone. Now, usually my hair and Pantene Pro-V don't get along but my mom has been using Smooth and Sleek on my sister's texturized hair. Yesterday, I decided to use S&S for my daily conditioner wash; ya know, just to see.... Well after using it, my hair felt AMAZING! I couldn't believe that a Pantene product actually made my natural 4A hair feel so soft, curly, and moisturized! So Pantene's S&S is a keeper for me!

It's still in the testing phase to see if I can use it everyday or just use it once every 2 days.

EBONY

[ QUOTE ]
Hennalucent - it didn't do anything; might retry

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait until the 2nd or 3rd time!
grin.gif
I bought six boxes ( I got the hook-up at Sally's
cool.gif
) and I told myself I'd wait until I'd used them all before I gave it a
up.gif
or
down.gif
By the time I'd done my 3rd treatment I was doing the happy dance!
dance7.gif

I tried tropical avacado conitioner and Lekair's aloe vera conditioner neiher thing did a thing for my hair.

After my horrible experience on Saturday
mad.gif
, I went out today and bought some TCB Balancing Creme Conditioner. It was buy one get one free, so I only paid $2.50. I was extremely shocked
shocked.gif
. It actually made my hair feel nice and silky like it does when I use Cream of Nature. I only had 3 strands of hair come out I am so
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
!!!! I guess I'll be adding this to my list of keepers and putting that other stuff on my husbands side of the bathroom for him to use.
grin.gif

Beana3,

The Sensitive by Nature hair polish is really nice. It is very similar to the Keracare Liquid Sheen and it smells good. I will try the SBN conditioner in a couple of weeks and post my results!

Miss B

I tried the Pantene Smooth and Sleek, wow what a slip. My hair is like butter once I finish using this stuff. It' a keeper.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Okay, I just tried the Pantene Smooth and Sleek last night and I was really excited! But it made my hair REALLY hard. I had to wash it out with CON and use my Humecto instead....
nono.gif

Maybe I didn't buy the right product. Does the bottle say "Smooth and Sleek - Shampoo + Conditioner", like its a 2-in-1?

-monique

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I just tried the Pantene Smooth and Sleek last night and I was really excited! But it made my hair REALLY hard. I had to wash it out with CON and use my Humecto instead....
nono.gif

Maybe I didn't buy the right product. Does the bottle say "Smooth and Sleek - Shampoo + Conditioner", like its a 2-in-1?

-monique

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of us here use the Pantene Smooth & Sleek CONDITIONER (not the shampoo + conditioner).

I just tried:

L'anza Protein Plus shampoo: very nice..good lather, did not tangle my hair, might purchase ( I got it from a product swap, thanks BRH
smile.gif
) as an alternate, tho' it's kinda of pricey for me..

Joico K-Pak: very nice smell (smells like pineapple) and went on well, but when rinsing it out, I noticed that the ends of my hair (the last 3") were kinda of hard, not slippery soft...I could have used too much tho' I used A LOT and used a lot of it on the ends as I do all conditioners...I don't think this worked well for me, tho' I might retry it later b/c I still have some left..

Tropical Avocado: its structure concerned me as it seemed kind of gummy, but it ended up going on the hair very well and rinsed out well..nice slip, left my hair very soft, I will repurchase

LUST (L'oreal Unfrizz Soothing Treatment): great smell, gave nice slip

Motions Nourish-In: detangled well, although the wetness didn't last as long as I would have liked, left my hair soft, gave a good roller set, would repurchase

Note: I used all of these products today and the last 3 products, I will retry because I don't think I got the full effect b/c of the Joico...It didn't go too well with my hair and I think hindered the effects somewhat of the other produts. And I know it was that product b/c I saw the difference in my hair right away. Although the good thing is that the last 3 products were still effective despite the Joico..

Thanks for the update. I love reading product reviews. Not sure why....
laugh.gif

I'm glad you liked the PP shampoo. If you like it alot its half price at the Ricky's outlet on 8th street. The Tropical Avocado did nothing for me. Its so funny how what works well for some does the opposite for others.

No comment on whether you'd purchase LUST? No cartwheels from you? moonwalking out the bathroom? grabbing a brush as a microphone and singing?
grin.gif

I agree that the kpak prolly made the hair dry so that the other things couldn't get a fair review. Definitely re-try. And of course re-post
wink.gif

Thanks for the reviews.

Yes K-Pak is a protein reconstructor, but I've used other good protein conditioners that didn't do that to my hair..

I just wanted to add that the roller set came out really good, I must say..Very smooth and bouncy when I took out the rollers yesterday (well this morning) and when I unwrapped it this morning..

I actually think that the LUST was the reason for this..I think it did help immensely as it did detangle my hair wonderfully..And it actually was one of the best rollersets I have done at home..I'm impressed..I just want to retry to make sure
wink.gif

Okay, I washed my hair today again for a ceremony this evening (actually yesterday)...

Anyway, I tried:

L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture: smells very much like LUST, consistency a little thicker..I was not impressed. Not enough slip and based on the ingredients, it seems LUST is better for the hair. Luckily, I only bought samples..

Garnier Fructis conditioner: loved the smell, but didn't work well with my hair, made it kind of hard, no slip atall..Thanks Beana3 anyway...I'm glad that you gave me a sample of it...How did it work for your hair?

LUST: loved the smell, detangled nicely, gave me a good set again, but to be honest, its a bit pricey for the work it does..I think that it gives the same results (for me) as does Pantene S&S and Pantene is cheaper for the bottle..

Sorry Daviine..I probably would not purchase this..Too pricey..I get a better bargain for Pantene S&S..

Daviine and Beana: Have you tried the L'oreal Smooth Intense yet?

I've only been on this board for a week now. But here are products that I had been using for the past several months as part of my regimine while I was still using heat and curling irons:

Elasta QP Reflect Sheen/Curl Wax/Glaze & SuperGro
All of these products smell wonderful. The Glaze wasn't bad, but none of these are a keeper. It was way too much product for my hair and plus my hair was falling out like crazy.

Pantene Smooth and Sleek did not work for my hair. Made my hair look and feel like plastic. I asked my husband what did he think and he was afraid to touch my hair. Hmmp!

After I stopped using the curling iron and heat, which was 2 weeks ago, I started using the following:

EVOO- a keeper! This is so versatile, whether u are using it as a hot oil treatment, mixing it in with conditioner or using it on your ends. And here I thought it was just for cooking!! The applications for this product are just endless and only limited by your imagination.

L'oreal Smooth Intense Serum- Oh my God, this is truly a wonderful product! My hair has never felt so silky or so smooth. Last night my husband volunteered to help me do my twists. He couldn't keep his hands out my hair!!!! My hair has never felt so glorious!

In addition to all this, my hair has stopped breaking off and my ends have never looked better!

I've ordered the Headress, and Therappe & Joico K-Pak serum and Masquintense. I am very curious to see how they'll work. Will keep ya posted.
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I washed my hair today again for a ceremony this evening (actually yesterday)...

Anyway, I tried:

L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture: smells very much like LUST, consistency a little thicker..I was not impressed. Not enough slip and based on the ingredients, it seems LUST is better for the hair. Luckily, I only bought samples..

Garnier Fructis conditioner: loved the smell, but didn't work well with my hair, made it kind of hard, no slip atall..Thanks Beana3 anyway...I'm glad that you gave me a sample of it...How did it work for your hair?

LUST: loved the smell, detangled nicely, gave me a good set again, but to be honest, its a bit pricey for the work it does..I think that it gives the same results (for me) as does Pantene S&S and Pantene is cheaper for the bottle..

Sorry Daviine..I probably would not purchase this..Too pricey..I get a better bargain for Pantene S&S..

Daviine and Beana: Have you tried the L'oreal Smooth Intense yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Carmen, I hated the Fructis.. It made my hair hard and it was very tangley... i'm going to give it away!

I tried the smooth intense condit, and it works better on my lil sis' hair than mine. I prefer the LUST over all the condits i've tried, nothing touches it.

So i guess i have to restock and pay full price for the LUST
frown.gif
, no more cheap spot.... I like the Pantene as a condit wash "shampoo" much better... pairing the S&S w/ the LUST is the ultimate smoothing c/o wash!!!

everywhere i have looked i have seen the loreal unfrizz smoothing treatment for 8 dollars. is this the price everyone is paying because i will keep looking if people are getting it cheaper.

i have tried african royale hot 6 oil and i liked it. i followed peachtree's advice and used the s-curl spray and sealed it with the oil and my air stayed moist all day.

now all i need to find a setting lotion to do dry sets. God bless you all.

OK, I have been searching everywhere for the L'Oreal products (LUST and Smooth Intense Serum) and cant find them!!

However, I did do a conditioner wash with Pantene Smooth & Sleek last night and it worked really well!! I definitely had the wrong product last time.

I also used Elasta QP's Breakage Control Serum. I don't have much breakage but I like to use these products just in case :) I really liked this product as well. Felt like it was "sealing' my cuticle. But it did leave my hair kinda hard. So I reused the S&S one more time. My hair felt really moisturized this morning after letting it air dry last night.

-monique

[ QUOTE ]
No comment on whether you'd purchase LUST? No cartwheels from you? moonwalking out the bathroom? grabbing a brush as a microphone and singing?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

I may have done a little waltz with my Mizani Moisturfuse and S-Curl Spray...
sekret.gif
grin.gif

I'm looking for a creamy protein reconstructor. I tried the generic Joico K-Pak from Sally's and really liked it. I also purchased some $0.99 packets of ION Reconstructor and Jheri Redding Super Protein Pac (I forgot the new name--Rx something...). I'll be trying those soon.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I have been searching everywhere for the L'Oreal products (LUST and Smooth Intense Serum) and cant find them!!

However, I did do a conditioner wash with Pantene Smooth & Sleek last night and it worked really well!! I definitely had the wrong product last time.

I also used Elasta QP's Breakage Control Serum. I don't have much breakage but I like to use these products just in case :) I really liked this product as well. Felt like it was "sealing' my cuticle. But it did leave my hair kinda hard. So I reused the S&S one more time. My hair felt really moisturized this morning after letting it air dry last night.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you like the Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner. It's great.

I too have the Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. I've used it once (basically to do a review since SuperGirl discovered that it was the same product as the Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment). It left my hair feeling pretty good (nice and soft). I probably won't even use it again because I don't have any breakage (unless I keep it on-hand 'just in case').
wink.gif

Back