YET another Hair type Question...Please help :(

Analiyah9

HEllo, Everyone

I am currently trasitioning on my natural hair journey, and I've been transitioning for 5 months. I posted my hair pics on here when I was 3 months transitioning and alot of you guys told me you couldn't tell because my natural hair wasn't showing much, and my hair should be wet etc.
Last Saturday I took out my plaits, wash my hair and took pics (wet and dry). So I hope you guys can help me:

First picture is when my hair is dry.
Second and third picture is when it is wet.
Fourth picture is a close up of my dry hair.

Thanks I hope my pictures helped!

Attachments

• 2666.jpg
    2666.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 122
  • 2325.jpg
    2325.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 2312.jpg
    2312.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 2677.jpg
    2677.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 118
You can't truly tell until you cut the relaxed hair off. My hair looks a lot different now that the relaxed hair is off.

Whatever type it is, it'll be okay.

ITA with Cherry Pie.

For the record, it'll likely be 4a/b. but who knows? hair typing is a bit useless, IMO. everything is so debatable.

You can't truly tell until you cut the relaxed hair off. My hair looks a lot different now that the relaxed hair is off.

Whatever type it is, it'll be okay.

:lol: idk why, but that was funny to me! lol

OP you looks like a mix of 4a/4b/3c...IMO anyway, from the pics you posted here :)

I cant help you because I can barely type my own stuff and Ive been natural 13ish years...
Why do you need to know so badly? I can help you in saying that it doesnt matter at allLOL. Most people are of mixed type, in between a type, and hair behaves differently from head to head even within the same "type".

I dont find that 8 or 10 hair types accurately sums up the billions of folk on the planet, paticularly as it relates to curlies.

Oh my gosh.

Why not wait until you're fully natural to ask this obnoxious question?

Wow I think that was rude. As you can see, the OP is new. I think your maybe in the 4s but we cannot fully tell until you are fully natural (a nicer way to say it).

I'm sorry OP. Didn't mean to offend you.

I'm just over this hair typing business because honestly, it barely helps anyone achieve healthy natural hair. I mean, we are finally at a time where countless black women are being more conscious about hair health, but now we have a system that many of these same women obsess over. Hair typing is so subjective and in my opinion, is not the most important factor into learning which products/techniques work for your hair.

Def in the 4's....and ITA with the other ladies..u wont know til ur fully natural...and u'll drive urself crazy asking every 2 months...

^^while I may not have said it, I think many of us feel where she is coming from.

An I totally agree that knowing what curl pattern you have is not going really tell you will work for you.

Sent from my Ally using Long Hair Care Forum App

OP you asked this same question a few months ago and the same advice applies here. You have to wait until you get rid of those relaxed ends before you can determining your hair type.

LHCF rule # 2460 Section 6 Article 45...Hair type really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

for those over hair typing you saw the title of the thread:ohwell:

OP you need more growth to be able to tell

OP, I'm living proof that you DON'T need to know your hair type to have a healthy hair journey. I use the same products as people who claim 2, 3, and 4 hair types. Trust me, it doesn't matter. You just have to find products and a regimen that work for you. 1st pic is a little after my BC, 2nd pic was about a week ago.

122008.jpg

DSC01364-Copy-2.jpg

I cant help you because I can barely type my own stuff and Ive been natural 13ish years...
Why do you need to know so badly? I can help you in saying that it doesnt matter at allLOL. Most people are of mixed type, in between a type, and hair behaves differently from head to head even within the same "type".

I dont find that 8 or 10 hair types accurately sums up the billions of folk on the planet, paticularly as it relates to curlies.

I understand what your saying, and I know that not every hair in a specific category will be the same. Just like how some people could care less about hair type, I want to know my hair type. People want diffrent things.
For me I want to know my hair type so I can find a hair twin, and see how my hair will look when it is longer.

When I was little, I used to have long hair prior to it being permed, but I never cared for it because I wanted straight hair. Now, years later I forgot how my hair looked long (natural). So knowing my hair type is just something I want to know, thats all.
But thanks for trying nonetheless.
...I just wished I cherished my natural hair when I was younger...but you live and you learn. And I definently learned :nono:

Oh my gosh.

Why not wait until you're fully natural to ask this obnoxious question?
:sad:

Wow I think that was rude. As you can see, the OP is new. I think your maybe in the 4s but we cannot fully tell until you are fully natural (a nicer way to say it).
Thank You for understanding.:bighug:

I'm sorry OP. Didn't mean to offend you.

I'm just over this hair typing business because honestly, it barely helps anyone achieve healthy natural hair. I mean, we are finally at a time where countless black women are being more conscious about hair health, but now we have a system that many of these same women obsess over. Hair typing is so subjective and in my opinion, is not the most important factor into learning which products/techniques work for your hair.
It's ok ;)
I understand your perspective, but as I mentioned earlier I no longer believe in that. I just want to know how my hair will look in the future when its longer. I also just want to know just to know...just something I want to know..

Def in the 4's....and ITA with the other ladies..u wont know til ur fully natural...and u'll drive urself crazy asking every 2 months...
LOL! iight, ima wait till I BC.

:lachen:You on a roll today, girl! :lol:
:clubu:.... didn't think it was funny but ok.

^^while I may not have said it, I think many of us feel where she is coming from.

An I totally agree that knowing what curl pattern you have is not going really tell you will work for you.

Sent from my Ally using Long Hair Care Forum App
Thanks for understanding as well. You get a hug too LOL :bighug:

OP you asked this same question a few months ago and the same advice applies here. You have to wait until you get rid of those relaxed ends before you can determining your hair type.

LHCF rule # 2460 Section 6 Article 45...Hair type really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
I understand and respect that, and I'll wait till I BC. I just thought that the reason people couldn't tell me before was because I didn't have much new growth, but now I have more growth and thought the hair experts could tell. I was wrong...but oh well, I'll just wait till I BC.:yep:

Oh and this is a heart for everyone who posted whether good or bad: :heart2:

from the :newbie:

[...I really like the smileys LOL...]

Back