Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 4A

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 4B

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks again for your advice ^^^
And those of you guys who are wondering, NO I do not manipulate my hair :)
I guess my hair is just different :ohwell:
I LOVE my hair tho!!! :grin:

For me, it's that the roots look like a different curl pattern than the ends. When in doubt I tend to look at the roots and those don't look 3c

Thanks again for your advice ^^^
And those of you guys who are wondering, NO I do not manipulate my hair :)
I guess my hair is just different :ohwell:
I LOVE my hair tho!!! :grin:

I think you have one of those hard to define, in between ish types of hair. Just take good care of it and don't worry about fitting into a "type".:poke:

Have you/do you use heat on your hair since your BC?

I'm conflicted because in the initial shots your ends look heat altered and your roots seem to be tightly coiled.

Can you guys tell me any curl definers that can help me define my curls?

Right now, all I use is some of my hair conditioner. I wash my hair and condition it, detangle and rinse, dry with a towel lightly and put some more conditioner in my hair. Then I don't touch it until it's dry, that's how the curls form. The secret is to leave the hair alone while it's drying and let the curls or waves form on their own. :)

IDK I am not an expert, but you don't appear to have 1 hair type, it looks mixed to me. I would say 4ab, mostly 4a though, but again I am no expert, LOL.

ETA:

You have some straight strands it looks like, heat damaged, residual relaxed ends....??

I agree with FlowerHair -- most times, conditioner is enough of a curl definer for me. I cowash, rinse it out, use a t-shirt to dry my hair to 75% or so, then add conditioner back in IN SECTIONS as a leave-in and let it be. On days where I am rocking a wash and go, I may use Noodle Head Curling Creme or some alcohol free gel (normally aloe vera gel) to help encourage it to hang a bit more.

From the newer set of pics, I think you may still have some relaxed ends. Not all relaxed hair will be pin straight, a lot of it will still have texture. The ends look very different to the roots and have that weird "freshly washed relaxed" hair look.

Going by your roots, I WANT to say 3c/4a but I'm still not sure...it could be a 4b, but the ends are throwing me off. Ecostyler will define your hair wonderfully and if you don't mind paying a bit more money, kinky curly line will work as well.

From the newer set of pics, I think you may still have some relaxed ends. Not all relaxed hair will be pin straight, a lot of it will still have texture. The ends look very different to the roots and have that weird "freshly washed relaxed" hair look.

Going by your roots, I WANT to say 3c/4a but I'm still not sure...it could be a 4b, but the ends are throwing me off. Ecostyler will define your hair wonderfully and if you don't mind paying a bit more money, kinky curly line will work as well.

Yeah I am noticing that too. She either still has relaxed tips or something, which seems to confuse hair typing.

To me, your looks like my hair, which is a 4a/b.

Hello,

I BC'd in late Feb and if I had to classify my hair I would say that I am a 4a all the way. What state was your hair in when you took these pictures? Was your hair completely dry, did you apply products, did you comb it, stretch it, etc? It looks like you have relaxed ends and our heat damage. I can see some curls at the root but they look like they may have been combed or styled in some way.

For my hair my natural (unaltered) curl pattern is most defined after I shampoo, detangle, deep condition, rinse and do not add product. Also, some hair is very hard to classify under the Walker system, I find the LOIS to be more useful.

You look like a 4a/b (I mostly see the b in the dry hair pics) to me. I know 4b has a curl pattern that doesn't seem to be there from afar but is very discernible in a close up because I think with 4b it's individual curly strands and with 4a and above the stands tend to clump together, defining the curl more. But I'm no expert only time will tell. I think your hair is really beautiful though, nice and thick with a pretty sheen to it!

Back