YAYY! I met my hair inspiration/Niko's cousin!

Hersheygurl

I have always admired ( drooled over) Chicoro's fotki, and I actually met her!!
I always have wanted to meet a Niko's cousin, but never thought I would get the opportunity to bump into one of the most beautiful heads of hair I have ever seen. (She's really pretty too).

Just wanted to share how nice and gracious she was with her hair knowledge. My hair wants to be her hair when it grows up.

HHG ladies!

Wow! Her hair is :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:...but, yours is lovely too @Hersheygurl!!! :congrats: on meeting a Nikos' cousin! Maybe one day!

She's my FB buddy. Hopefully one day soon I'll meet her in person as well. She's such a beautiful person - both inside and out.

How'd yall meet? I have never met an "Cuzin" but I'm always afraid to ask the question. Did you just realize it was her or did you ask the infamous question? lol.

I have always admired ( drooled over) Chicoro's fotki, and I actually met her!!
I always have wanted to meet a Niko's cousin, but never thought I would get the opportunity to bump into one of the most beautiful heads of hair I have ever seen. (She's really pretty too).

Just wanted to share how nice and gracious she was with her hair knowledge. My hair wants to be her hair when it grows up.

HHG ladies!

Mine too. I think I'm gonna go get some s-curl and vaseline right quick.:grin:

How'd yall meet? I have never met an "Cuzin" but I'm always afraid to ask the question. Did you just realize it was her or did you ask the infamous question? lol.

The first time I saw her, I recognized her from her fotki, but was too chicken to verify it was her, so i sent her a PM, and I was right! I bumped into her again, and today finally got to meet and talk to her. I KNEW she was Niko's cousin. I'm just thrilled at how nice she was and how passionate she is about the health and science of our hair. I felt lucky to get to talk to her.

That's wonderful!!! Chicoro is a beautiful person, inside and out. She is definitely an inspiration.

I bet she is as sweet as she is online too. Beautiful in and out. Both of you are lucky to have met!

That's awesome BUT we need a detailed story-like reenactment of the "moment" :lachen:

:lachen:

Okay, I'm sorry. I know I can't just come in here like that with no details. I recognized her from her fotki, but didn't talk to her right away. We were each in a restaurant eating with our husbands, and I didn't want to just walk up to her table and be like " Are you Niko's cousin", so I just sat there stealing glances from our table all giddy telling my hubby "THAT'S CHICORO!" He was like Chico-who?, but I explained, and he was happy for me too. I was like WOW! A real-life LHCF person, and it's actually Chicoro, whose hair I totally admire! It was surreal. Needless, to say, I didn't talk to her that time :sad I was too shy, but I did PM her to ask if it was her and she was kind enough to offer to meet me and talk to me!!!!

I bumped into her another time at a movie theater, and today I finally got to talk to her at a coffee shop!!!

Chicoro sat down and talked to me about hair, and guess what?

She said my ends looked good!!!!!:yep:and that I can get to WSL(I'm so close). Chicoro touched my hair!!!! . As earlier stated, she was kind, gracious, patient, and so willing to share her knowledge to help me reach my goal. It was a wonderful experience and I left the coffee shop cheesing feeling like Danielson from the Karate Kid or something. What a nice and classy lady!

I bet you are a nice and classy lady too. What a nice story, thanks for sharing. I especially liked the part about your husband's comment, CHICO WHO??:lachen:

Okay, I'm sorry. I know I can't just come in here like that with no details. I recognized her from her fotki, but didn't talk to her right away. We were each in a restaurant eating with our husbands, and I didn't want to just walk up to her table and be like " Are you Niko's cousin", so I just sat there stealing glances from our table all giddy telling my hubby "THAT'S CHICORO!" He was like Chico-who?, but I explained, and he was happy for me too. I was like WOW! A real-life LHCF person, and it's actually Chicoro, whose hair I totally admire! It was surreal. Needless, to say, I didn't talk to her that time :sad I was too shy, but I did PM her to ask if it was her and she was kind enough to offer to meet me and talk to me!!!!

I bumped into her another time at a movie theater, and today I finally got to talk to her at a coffee shop!!!

She said my ends looked good!!!!!:yep:and that I can get to WSL(I'm so close). Chicoro touched my hair!!!! . As earlier stated, she was kind, gracious, patient, and so willing to share her knowledge to help me reach my goal. It was a wonderful experience and I left the coffee shop cheesing feeling like Danielson from the Karate Kid or something. What a nice and classy lady!

Oh yeah, I forgot, she also advised me to use an aloe vera mix to combat drying, up the protective styling, make sure I'm sealing the ends, and rethink a Breck detangler I was using that had alcohol in it. She seemed truly interested in helping me get over the last hump to WSL. I got to see her braided bun. She had it covered with a piece of hosiery and baggyed inside. Her waves were poppin' and her hair was so shiny!

That is too cute:grin: I'm glad that you had a good time. She seems like the most helpful genuine person.

Oh! She is sooo bomb :yep:
You know what? I can imagine how giddy you felt...man you know yall coulda took a "niko's snapshot or something" lol
How cute would that be though? If everyone took a cute lil candid shoot of them meeting a Nikos? :grin:

Oh! She is sooo bomb :yep:
You know what? I can imagine how giddy you felt...man you know yall coulda took a "niko's snapshot or something" lol

D.Lisha, you are so right! I didn't think to get a pic to capture the moment,lol. I would have been :grin:
How cute would that be though? If everyone took a cute lil candid shoot of them meeting a Nikos? :grin:

That would be cute and such a cute idea!

Chicoro still protective styles??!! *swoon*
I'm not wearing my little shoulder length hair down for at least a year straight after hearing that!!:lol:

Chicoro still protective styles??!! *swoon*
I'm not wearing my little shoulder length hair down for at least a year straight after hearing that!!:lol:

Yes, she sure does. She practices what she preaches and did not have all of her luscious hair down and flowing ( that would have been cool though too).

I will be more diligent about PS'g now too, and stop trying to be cute ( especially in the harsh winter).

I'm happy for you, having met a Nikos cousin more so an inspiration. The details post was a cute story.

Darn i wonder if there are any cousins of mine here in Jamaica, that'd be super cool. I did actually meet a member of BHM (i' a member there too) and we've been good friends ever since.

I happy that you've met a niko's cousin even more so ur inspiration, that must be really cool.

Darn i wonder if i'll ever meet a cousin here in Jamaica now that would be awesome. I've actually met someone from BHM(i'm a member there too) and to this day we are close friends. It's a real nice experience.

Back