Yay! my hair is longer than I thought (Pics) but...

MoeB424

Do I need a trim??? I did the "big chop" in June of 2006 and have been growing my hair natural ever since. I haven't clipped my ends because, even now, I have yet to see any split ends, but... I flat ironed it today and couldn't get my ends straight for the life of me. They turned out all frizzy...

Yesterday I washed it, put some M-T-G on my roots, and some moisturizer. Today I used more moisturizer and flat ironed.

As much as I don't want to cut my hair... Do I really need to? How do I know when to clip my ends if I don't see any breakage???

Before...

l_abbd14dddec124023849087b44ac404e.jpg

After...

l_6e78fc513e3aedacafe1704d8ab375b7.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you need a trim if there is no breakage, but if you want a sleeker look, by all means trim a little if its been a long time since you last trimmed.

But I think overall you did a great job. Your hair looks very healthy.

Your hair looks great. I chopped in July 2006. I had a couple trims but I like my ends to look neat so whatever works for you.

I don't think you need a trim if there is no breakage, but if you want a sleeker look, by all means trim a little if its been a long time since you last trimmed.

But I think overall you did a great job. Your hair looks very healthy.

Thank you... I was beginning to worry :look:. this is all new to me. I think what I'll do is wait til I get some more length from the M-T-G and then trim a little... oh after I see a Dominican stylist first:yep:

P.S. cute baby

Thank you... I was beginning to worry :look:. this is all new to me. I think what I'll do is wait til I get some more length from the M-T-G and then trim a little... oh after I see a Dominican stylist first:yep:

P.S. cute baby

:lachen::lachen: I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not, but I posted that as a joke carried over from another thread in LHCF.

Your hair looks great. I chopped in July 2006. I had a couple trims but I like my ends to look neat so whatever works for you.

Thanks and WOW! :notworthy Your hair looks great (silky-silky)... Now that's what I want my hair to look like. You sure you're a 4a\natural??? How do you go about straightening your hair? What products do you use?

Thanks and WOW! :notworthy Your hair looks great (silky-silky)... Now that's what I want my hair to look like. You sure you're a 4a\natural??? How do you go about straightening your hair? What products do you use?

Thanks dear! Nothing much dear except for the FHI:love:, design essentials, and a mean hand job!!! Know what I mean!!!!:eyebrows2::yahoo: :lachen: J/K!

Oooooh... I just bought a CHI... I honestly never really flat ironed my hair before, even when I was getting perms so I have nothing to compare it to. But, no products at all???

Design essentials oil mist and redken for heat protectant. I switch up on the heat protectants sometime though.

Thank you! and yours does too... how'd you get rid of the frizz twin? :wink2:

Well for my wash n go's my staples after the shower have been my tressemme leave in, sunsilk antifrizz (green bottle) mixed w/ my bumble and bumble curl line, and then a healthy heaping of coconut oil. Coconut oil has been my savior.

If you haven't trimmed since you BCed, then you're definitely due for one. Your ends aren't going to look clean until you trim. But if it's really not bothering you that much and you don't have visible splits or anything, then it doesn't really matter especially since you wear your hair curly most of the time. I think perfect ends are more of just a visual thing as long as there's no damage.

If you haven't trimmed since you BCed, then you're definitely due for one. Your ends aren't going to look clean until you trim. But if it's really not bothering you that much and you don't have visible splits or anything, then it doesn't really matter especially since you wear your hair curly most of the time. I think perfect ends are more of just a visual thing as long as there's no damage.

yeah that's what I was thinking too that it was more of a visual thing... do you think that those frizzy ends will take up more of my hair as it gets longer?

Your hair looks great, and you got it so straight! When I flatironed my hair for the first time, I took that as an opportunity to trim.

yeah that's what I was thinking too that it was more of a visual thing... do you think that those frizzy ends will take up more of my hair as it gets longer?

I don't think so. I've noticed that only the very ends of my hair look like that but not the actual shaft. I think it's from those one strand knots and the hair breaking off at the knot. I only see them when my hair is straight.

great job with the flat-ironing! you're so cute with your curly hair! I'm going to show my dd your pic because that is totally why I am transitioning her...I wish she'd let me give her a bc...it's been about a year since her last relaxer. anyway, your pics are very inspirational! I can't wait to show her.:yep:

great job with the flat-ironing! you're so cute with your curly hair! I'm going to show my dd your pic because that is totally why I am transitioning her...I wish she'd let me give her a bc...it's been about a year since her last relaxer. anyway, your pics are very inspirational! I can't wait to show her.:yep:

Thank you! and tell your dd that they'll be pleasantly surprised since it took almost no time (or atleast it seems like it) for my hair to get to that length.

I grew up with fairly long hair but it broke off as I got older so I got used to my hair being shoulder length. When I did the big chop in june last year I started out with less than an inch of hair and now (a little over a year later) I'm past the length I had gotten used to being all those years! and during that time I had no idea what M-T-G was, so just imagine if she they used it how fast they'd get lengt...

Back