Do ends look ratty for any orher reason...

girlyprincess23

i mean besides being split. like do any ladies have hair that is curly on the ends and when they flat iron without combing through it first the ends look like you need a good trim. I mean because i know i haven't had a trim or dusting in 9 months but when i left the salon at my last relaxer my ends didn't look like this so im thinking maybe it's the way i flat ironed or maybe i should roller set because the flat ironed ends do not look good or maybe they're split:sad: I was just wondering do any of you ladies have this problem...ends that look ratty for another reason besides being split (btw in my fotki shows my ends just like 3 weeks ago)

I mean other in the title!!!!

Someone posted a thread last week that said we should clarify our ends more often since we concentrate our products there and our washing on our scalps, that the ends were drying out due to buildup. I clarified my DD's ends this past weekend and had way less breaking of the ends when I detangled and braided her hair. I think it helped us a lot.

I think so, yes. I think ends can get raggedy just from breakage, which is not the same as split ends. I've broken my hair off a lot from the comb, but I have no split ends.

I don't know. Maybe because it breaks off all uneven? I just know that I don't like my ends, but I don't have any split ends, but I do have a lot of breakage, so I contributed it to that. But maybe I'm wrong. I guess all the strands don't grow in blunt. ionno???

Maybe you have dry ends? I know this is usually the case with me, I do s&d missions all the time with a chart of the splits and I find very few split ends, so I just chalk it up to dryness and breakage. HTH.

Yes, my ends in the front region of my head are exactly as the OP described. I don't know if this is from overprocessing, dryness or what and it's only in that one particular spot. But for me that's when the dreaded scissors come out b/c I absolutely loath raggedy looking ends, but that's just me though, I really can't stand it. However I do notice that I don't have this problem when I rollerset, only when I blowdry and hot curl/flat iron.

Yes, my ends in the front region of my head are exactly as the OP described. I don't know if this is from overprocessing, dryness or what and it's only in that one particular spot. But for me that's when the dreaded scissors come out b/c I absolutely loath raggedy looking ends, but that's just me though, I really can't stand it. However I do notice that I don't have this problem when I rollerset, only when I blowdry and hot curl/flat iron.

see that's when they looked like that when i tried to flat iron the curlies half dry...maybe it's the method i used...i'm finishing a roller set now...i'll post pics hopefully they won't look like they did earlier today!!!yuck!! if so then they'll get cut cuz my head can't look like that...hopefully it was just dry...i did d/c, then cowashed the d/c conditioner out with hello hydration and some garlic/ evoo oil and clarified the ends then i applied salerm 21 and ic fantasia leave in like the macherieamour vid and rollerset....hopefully after 10 more mins under the hot as hell dryer my ends will look a lot better!!

I don't know. Maybe because it breaks off all uneven? I just know that I don't like my ends, but I don't have any split ends, but I do have a lot of breakage, so I contributed it to that. But maybe I'm wrong. I guess all the strands don't grow in blunt. ionno???

that could very well be it... i did experience a lot of breakage during my last stretch!!

okay posted pics in my fotki...the roughneck ends are gone so it must have been no moisture and buildup and the flat iron or whatever cuz they're gone...thanks ladies!!!

if my ends look "ratty" it's usually because they are dry and need moisture. They can look this way, without the presence of splitends.

if my ends look "ratty" it's usually because they are dry and need moisture. They can look this way, without the presence of splitends.

yeah maybe the flat iron zapped all the moisture out of them or there was buildup b/c i did what i did in a previous post and they're gone...thank god!!

Back