Y do people think LHCF is a joke???

Im a newbie and thrilled about the site...I tell everyone about it and every turns their noses up and say that 100% African- American women CANNOT have long hair! One of my dearest friends has SL hair and said the site gave people false hope and there was NO way for people who are not mixed to have BSL, MBL, and WL hair...Im SOOOO shocked that she feels this way! She says she know alot of women that take great care of their hair but can never achieve that much success...im stunned to say the least!

What do you guys think??? How do you handle this negativity???

Queen

Wow, your friend has some strong views about this. When I showed my cousin the site, she sincerely thought most of the long haired ladies were wearing weaves. In all reality, for most, the types of heads you see on this board are so rare. Maybe you can help your friend see what African American woman, regardless of their percentage blackness :spinning:, can achieve.

I really don't get it. But its hard to believe that people still don't listen to some of you with long hair. Like i said before, if i told someone that "toilet water" make your hair grow, I know some people that want long hair so bad that they will do it (and my hair is short).
As for those that don't choose to listen, I don't care (sad, but honest). If you want me to be the only one with beautiful hair, then that's fine too.

I have stopped talking to her about it and from now on will keep this to myself until I am asked!!!

Thanks ladies for the motivation!!! :)

Queen

I've had people say similar things to me, mostly along the lines of, "I've never seen a black person with long hair." Usually I just explain to them that that's generally because most of the women around here don't know how to properly take care of their hair after a relaxer; or they over relax etc which causes breakage, etc then I tell them about how LHCF educates people on the proper way which is why so many people here achieve long hair...

They tend to believe me after that, lol.

Mmm, well my two best friends couldn't keep their hands out of my ponytail yesterday so LHCF mightn't be as funny as some people think it is lol.

This is why I keep my experience here to myself. I tend to keep my goals in general close to me because folks have something to say if you don't meet your goals the way they expected you to and it can be an unwelcome pressure.

She says she know alot of women that take great care of their hair but can never achieve that much success...im stunned to say the least!

This is subjective and has to be taken with a grain of salt. She may not realize that monthly relaxing, daily straightening and hair grease is not great haircare.

Based on what we see walking around everyday why would the average person think otherwise? Most people aren't going to believe it until they see it.

My DH thinks the same way. I've shown him several women with beautiful, long hair and he says they all have weaves. :rolleyes: Just prove the nay sayers wrong with your hair. I can't wait to slap my DH in the face with my BSL hair.

LOL!!! :lachen: You are on your way! :yep: It will be so sweet when you make it. :drunk:

I don't think LHCF is a joke but I don't think the members are the messiahs (sp) of black hair care either. (I see yall over there on youtube)
I find it refreshing to see people as obsessed over hair as I am. I honestly thought I was the only one. And it's a great network.

People believe you have to be mixed to have long hair because it is taught to them from their parents, peers, and sometimes their stylists. :nono: It is truly a myth, but sometimes through bad hair practices, it may seem true to the person(s) who believe it.:sad:

Check my siggy for how I feel about ANYONE who chooses negativity and hate over love and positivity! I have had MBL hair and I WILL have it again! Straight up!

I don't think LHCF is a joke but I don't think the members are the messiahs (sp) of black hair care either. (I see yall over there on youtube)
I find it refreshing to see people as obsessed over hair as I am. I honestly thought I was the only one. And it's a great network.

I agree with the above. LHCF was a blessing to me because it woke me up to the fact that I needed to take better care of my hair, but it isn't the end-all, be-all of hair care. A lot of things that I do, I actually learned from youtube/ hairdressers/ or I did when I was younger. I learned a lot about products and developing a regimen here & I have gotten a lot of inspiration here.

First off what is 100% African American? People see so many negative images about Black hair everyday people don't know what to believe. Prove them wrong. I guess everyone forgets that White women wear weave too. How can Brittney Spears go from bald to long flowing hair in one year?

Just watch in a few months or so the same friend will be running behind you begging you the web site address. The proof will be in the pudding soon, TRUST! Happy hair growing and welcome! BTW, apparently those people weren't doing something too right to their hair if they were not able to retain length.:perplexed

Last edited:
Girl - don't worry about these people. Some folks don't get it!!! until.............Your hair is FABLOUS and they come to you for advice.

And this will happen!!! Give some time!

Welcome!:yep:

co-sign. You will be a walking talking billboard to attest to the fact that black women can grow their hair wrong. Don't let anyone else influence your beliefs. After a while, they'll be asking you for advice!

Even worse, after years of research and coming here to this site you find the key to growing afro hair to long lengths. It would be terrible to keep the information to yourself as though you don't want the next sister to have long hair. But once you tell someone the information that they need to know they can't handle it and deny it. So then you say to yourself "I'll just keep the info to my self "

We have tried methods and products for thousands of years and it hasn't worked so people are eeiry to have to give their money to try new things and explore new things for fear of the unexpected....that it actually might work.

Sometimes I wonder about people who come here and never reach their goals.....maybe some of them are bitter or left unhappy with the site?? I mean, thousands visit, but it seems like only hundreds post. I wonder what percentage of people reach their goals or actually grow their hair long??

Kind of random, sorry.....

Im a newbie and thrilled about the site...I tell everyone about it and every turns their noses up and say that 100% African- American women CANNOT have long hair! One of my dearest friends has SL hair and said the site gave people false hope and there was NO way for people who are not mixed to have BSL, MBL, and WL hair...Im SOOOO shocked that she feels this way! She says she know alot of women that take great care of their hair but can never achieve that much success...im stunned to say the least!

What do you guys think??? How do you handle this negativity???

Queen

I simply don't entertain ignorance.:nono: I would no longer mention this site and I'd grow my hair to great lengths. In the process of achieving your goals, your progress will be obvious. Then you can watch her drool:droolings.

oh yeah, I wanted to mention that one day I was tired of seeing my hair grow every month and my hair was still the same length. That's when I got on the internet and searched and searched until I found this site. I have referred quite a few ladies but received negative feed back so from now on people will have to find this site the way I did. I am tired of us being attacked.

Back