Do You Think Your Hair Is Long??

Yes, my hair is long...and getting longer.

I remember it started to feel "heavy" in the shower around bsl. But, that was because I'd never been to bsl. Now that I'm past the longest I've ever been, I definitely consider my hair long. And if there's ever any doubt, a good flat ironing cures that.

But, to tell you the truth, even if I didn't feel like it was long, I'd never say that. As long as it's longer than somebody's hair, then I can honestly say that it's long...(comparatively speaking :look:).

You won't ever catch me confessing short hair or spending time focusing on slow or non-growth. :nono: The Word says that I can have what I say. And, I believe that. :yep:

I am grazing APL. Before I joined LHCF I would have considered it to be long, but now I'd consider it to be just medium length at the most. In the real world, however, it's rare to see black women with even SL hair so my hairdresser still oohs and ahhhs over my hair.

I remember it started to feel "heavy" in the shower around bsl. But, that was because I'd never been to bsl. Now that I'm past the longest I've ever been, I definitely consider my hair long. And if there's ever any doubt, a good flat ironing cures that.

But, to tell you the truth, even if I didn't feel like it was long, I'd never say that. As long as it's longer than somebody's hair, then I can honestly say that it's long...(comparatively speaking :look:).

You won't ever catch me confessing short hair or spending time focusing on slow or non-growth. :nono: The Word says that I can have what I say. And, I believe that. :yep:

Well, if I compare mine to you or some of the other hair Divas in here, I'd consider myself bald headed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I do find myself comparing all the time....even with women on t.v.....I need to stop, but its an illnes, I can't help myself lol

Well, if I compare mine to you or some of the other hair Divas in here, I'd consider myself bald headed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I do find myself comparing all the time....even with women on t.v.....I need to stop, but its an illnes, I can't help myself lol

:lachen: Stop it!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At APL, I definitely don't feel like it's long, although a lot of my family members feel differently. Because my hair isn't thick, I wonder if I'll ever feel like it is long. Realistically I don't think I can take care of hair that is much longer than BSL, grazing mbl, but even then I'm not certain I'll feel like I have long hair. Dang you, LHCF and for bringing me all this awesomeness that is thick long hair. *shakes fist at screen*

girl...you are not alone! I feel like my hair is sooo short :ohwell:
The funny thing is...when I started LHCF i saw all these APL heads and i was like ":blush: that's some long hair!!!!" Now i see the BSL heads and i think that it's long....i will never be satisfied.

My hair is, of course, short by LHCF standards. I'm about an inch above APL. But for my hair this is long, bc I've rarely ever made it past SL in my life.

I think I will feel like I have long hair for real once I make full APL.

NJoy

I don't think OP or those of us who responded were suggesting that our hair was slow-growing or would not grow as long as we wanted. I think she was asking about our current length, not our future length goals.

I would consider my hair Long.

I would hope so! :lachen::lachen:

As for my own BSL hair... I'm transitioning out of medium mentality into long. It feels long when it's straight and medium (SL) when it's twisted or in a twistout.

Yes, I do! And I thank God for it!

I never underestimate the power of having hair inspirations. When I first saw women, with my hair type, with MBL and WL tresses, I just imagined that would be me, one day...at that time I was only NL/SL.

I "saw" myself with long hair, even before it manifested!

Not really, but I can see how others would- I'm BSL- I think MBL is truly "long" I think my hair is "kinda long".

@NJoy

I don't think OP or those of us who responded were suggesting that our hair was slow-growing or would not grow as long as we wanted. I think she was asking about our current length, not our future length goals.

sipp100

Huh? :perplexed Yeah, I didn't think she said that either. Just gave my two cents on how I think. Is that ok? Maybe I should not have elaborated and stuck with yes or no. :blush: Sorry. I definitely didn't mean to...whatever it is you think that I'm doing. :nono: Did I...offend(?) anyone else? :sad:

I don't consider my hair long. It's just past APL. I feel like I'd think it's long at BSL, but not counting on it. My new hair goal is hip length...

@sipp100

Huh? :perplexed Yeah, I didn't think she said that either. Just gave my two cents on how I think. Is that ok? Maybe I should not have elaborated and stuck with yes or no. :blush: Sorry. I definitely didn't mean to...whatever it is you think that I'm doing. :nono: Did I...offend(?) anyone else? :sad:

Guess I mis-understood the point you were making - sorry. Nope, I'm not offended at all, you didn't post anything offensive, IMO.

To me, no (I'm just under APL). But when I wear it out I get all kinds of comments about how long and pretty it is, so I guess it's all about perspective. :ohwell:

It is longer than I've ever worn it before, but my goal is BSL or longer, so anything less just doesn't register to me.

Last week, I stretched my hair and saw that I was about an inch away from BSL....I thought that once I got to BSL, then I could officially consider my hair long...wrong! My hair still feels short. It wont feel long to me until MBL, I guess.

Not even close. IRL I get a lot of people calling my (barely) BSL hair long but as soon as I log in here, I'm back to feeling inadequate :lol:

I consider MBL+ long

A funny thing happen to me the other day....I decided to wear my hair down and semi straightened after months of WNG's At least three people commented with OMG your hair is long. Right now I'm twelve weeks post and my hair looks about 1/2 inch from BSL....I can see my own progress when I take a pic, but for some reason it doesn't feel long :nono::nono:

My goal was always to be BSL or MBL, but the closer I get to it....I feel like its still too short and I need to be aiming for WL :lachen:

Do any of you ladies will that way?? Is this just what happens when you start getting some length? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

I think when "we" become members here on LHCF, our idea of what long hair is changes. I just knew my hair was long when I became a member, as my hair was APL, but now I desire MBL...to consider really long.

I think my hairs medium, long-ish I won't feel like it's long until I get back to WL again :look:

A funny thing happen to me the other day....I decided to wear my hair down and semi straightened after months of WNG's At least three people commented with OMG your hair is long. Right now I'm twelve weeks post and my hair looks about 1/2 inch from BSL....I can see my own progress when I take a pic, but for some reason it doesn't feel long :nono::nono:

My goal was always to be BSL or MBL, but the closer I get to it....I feel like its still too short and I need to be aiming for WL :lachen:

Do any of you ladies will that way?? Is this just what happens when you start getting some length? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

:yep: I feel the exact same way. My original goal was BSL, but now I'm eyeing WL! Sigh...

Back