Wowsers! I did a rollerset!

Isn't it wonderful. Congrats girl. Save yo money! You can now treat yourself to more hair care products with the $ you save /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Girl I don't know /images/graemlins/drunk.gif. I was starting to run out of space so I had to make the parts a little bigger.

Thanks!

OMG YOUR HAIR CAME OUT SOOOOOO GOOD. IT LOOKS LIKE HOW IT DOES WHEN YOU GET IT DONE IN A SALON. WHAT IS YOUR REGIME? Dag i may have to study that pic. i am better when it comes to actually seeing it when it comes to haircare then a description on how to do. i know somewhere i will screw up. how did you get it so shiny? how did you eliminate the frizz? what kind of dryer did you use? sorry so many questions but that is a wonderful job you did. very professional looking. congrats!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif God bless you all.

You go girl! Your rollerset turned out great! I use my pomade when I use the Lottabody Creme. I absolutely love that stuff. Your's looks relaxed too. The best part is you'll get even better at it the more you do it.

Azul this is what I did:

1. Washed hair with Creme of Nature shampoo (modified curly girl routine, I conditioner wash 3 times and then the 4 shampoo is with shampoo).

2. Use Sauve Biobasics conditioner leave in for 3 minutes and then I washed out.

3. Jumped out of the shower and rushed straight to the sink to get to work (don't even try to think of how crazy I looked).

I parted my hair into 6 sections. I did a Mr. T mowhawk first, and then I sectioned my hair is 4 sections (sides by ear and the back).

I got out the lottabody cream wrap, and my trusty wildgrowth hair oil.

I started with the mohawk section and parted my hair in one inch sections. I then put a finger scoop size of creme on my end (if you have a relaxer you won't need as much, because my hair is curly wavy frizzy). I took a boar bristle brush brushed my hair so that it was straight, and then I took the purple rollers and rolled my hair taught.

I then repeated that process for my entire head. The snap on rollers worked well for me. I did get dents, but with the other rollers I have with no tops, I couldn't even finish my whole head before I would give up in frustration.

I had between 25-35 rollers in my head all together. I sat under a soft bonnet dryer (that's when I was here playing yesterday) for an hour and a half.

I was interrupted because my boyfriend wanted me to pick him up for work (his car's on the fritz) so I went out and got him in my rollers /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Unfortunately I was hungry so when we got back to our place, I took out the rollers and tried to rush so I could eat. My hair wasn't completely dry on the top so it was puffy.

It took me 45 minutes to rollerset my hair.

I hope that helps some.

Boy sweetcocoa I sure hope so, it took a while to do it. The last time I sucessfully rollerset was when I was relaxed over a year ago. I didn't think my hair was going to come out this straight. But using the cream made a difference! Before my hair was still frizzy and on top of that crunchy (and it was just the mohawk section because I gave up at the point) when I used the watery stuff.

wow thank you so much. i loved the way your hair looked. and your instructions really helped me visually see it in my head. i seem to be having bad luck with dryers, my soft bonnet stopped blowing hot air and my hooded dryer almost took off my pinkie. i'm going to see about hot tools and maybe lady dazey. your hair looks so good. i gave up on trying to do the rollerset thing because the ends looks fine but the roots looked like /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and the last time i was thinking of doing i was going to begin to part my hair and then just got frustrated and pulled it back in a ponytail and let it airdry and then used the caruso rollers. i am so inspired by your pics. i get inspired by all these ladies here because it gives me hope. we are all on this journey together and sometimes it gets so overwhelming when you see so many people achieve success while you struggle but you just dust yourself off and try again and you have inspired me to try again. thank you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif God bless you all.

Thank you so much Azul11, sweetcocoa inspired me. Her hair looked so good, I decided to give a rollerset a shot. The first time I tried, I got frustrated. The second time is the time you see here.

Make sure your hair is sopping wet. I had laid out my bathroom so I could get started. I put towels on the floor, and set the rollers in the sink with the tops off a few so I could get a good start. Try again, I think you'll be able to do it this time...and if not, try again, I had to think like that.

Wow! You hair looks fabulous! I'm a failure at rollersetting but you've given me renewed hope. Congratulations. You did a beautiful job.

Q

You hair looks really great. You have inspired me to try a roller set. My hair is also natural and when I twist it at night with olive oil, it comes out quite straigt so I think the roller set should be fine.

Your hair is quite nice and shinny.

I think it looks great! You're gonna save so much money! That way you can buy more hair products!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey skegeesmb,

Congratulations girl! You did good!! Rollerset looks great, and your hair looks fabulous! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your rollserset looks so professional. You got some amazing shine on your hair in those rollers. You go girl!!! Is the updated pic under your username the result of the rollerset?

skegeesmb!

Girl your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I haven't tried a rollerset since my hair has been natural, but I used to do it all the time when I was relaxed.

Are you completely 3C. If you have a lot of 4a in the back, we might be hair twins.

Its really professional looking and very sleek and shiny. Good job!! /images/graemlins/look.gif

Thanks MSCHICHI, I think the 4a are on the sides of my head. In the back my hair is curlier than the side portion of my hair. Then the crown, I don't know what that is. It doesn't shrink up much, and it isn't curly either. Maybe when it grows longer I'll be able to make a better distinction.

Londondiva (I don't know why but I was going to call you rollerdiva /images/graemlins/confused.gif).

That wasn't a rollerset. I just used a flat iron on my hair after I had worn it natural. I brushed my hair and sectioned it into two ponytails. When it dried, I undid the ponytails and tried to hide the side part. I was going to wash the next day so I decided to flat iron it. If you look at my album there is a picture in my rollerset folder where I am wearing a black shirt, that is the end result of my rollerset. I bumped the ends under because I had wrapped it that previous night.

Crysdon, lshevonne, and pooh123, thank you, and do you guys rollerset? If you do what do you guys use? I just bought the lottabody creamwrap and it worked really well. It smelled like MUM (an old school deodorant that my grandma uses) but that dissapears when your hair is dry.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
skegeesmb said:
I just bought the lottabody creamwrap and it worked really well. It smelled like MUM (an old school deodorant that my grandma uses) but that dissapears when your hair is dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! I read this post and went to smell it...and you know it sure does(that was my very first deoderant.... I'm old but not that old....but I definitly remember it smelling like that!!

Back