Wowsers! I did a rollerset!

Oh I'm not saying you're old. That deodorant is probably older than everyone who posts here. My brother tried to eat it when he first saw it, and I told him man you'll try anything will you (we were pretty young then). He was probably 5 at the time (almost 20 years ago).

I meant more like 4a towards the back, more like the middle, probably whole center area, I think. The front, sides, very back, and generally all around the hairline area looks like 3c

congratulations, girl! your hair looks awesome! next time you gotta smile cuz you're happy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne

The reason why I don't think that my hair is 4a on the top is because it has no curl. 4a definately has a curl to it, it might be small but from looking at pictures such as Deecoily her hair definately has curl when wet, mine when wet doesn't curl it's wavy but not curly. But on my sides right above my ears is definately 4a, when its wet you can see some type of curl, but when it dries the curls get smaller than the curls in the back of my hair and it shrinks pretty good.

But the crown hair....I don't know what it is.

I do look serious don't I? I guess I think I can't hold the camera and smile at the same time because of the concentration I'm trying to put into keeping the camera straight.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
skegeesmb said:
Crysdon, lshevonne, and pooh123, thank you, and do you guys rollerset? If you do what do you guys use? I just bought the lottabody creamwrap and it worked really well. It smelled like MUM (an old school deodorant that my grandma uses) but that dissapears when your hair is dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rollerset from October to the end of June. My hair doesn't hold up in humidity at all /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

It's good you have success with the Lottbody cream. I tried the cream and just about every setting lotion but to no avail. I use either Infusium 23 leave-in or Elasta QP H-Two leave-in to rollerset and I have great results with both, but I'm really loving the H-Two right about now.

Your roller set looks great !!! whenever i wash my hair and do a roller set I go to my mother's house and she does it for me it looks like i came from the hair dresser she's teaching me how do master this technique. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Crysdon said:
I rollerset from October to the end of June. My hair doesn't hold up in humidity at all /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the same problem. Last summer I just did the wash and go and once my hair dried pulled it back in a loose ponytail. I've learned to not even try to wear my hair straight in the hot humid weather. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
Rollersets are the mainstay for me in the winter.

You need to change your name to rollerdiva more like /images/graemlins/grin.gif
That pic of the hair freshly out of rollers had me giggling. Your hair came out beautifully and has an amazing shine to it. It that your natural black hair colour.

10/10 girl /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegeesmb said:
Oh I'm not saying you're old. That deodorant is probably older than everyone who posts here. My brother tried to eat it when he first saw it, and I told him man you'll try anything will you (we were pretty young then). He was probably 5 at the time (almost 20 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU JUST HAD ME DYING LAUGHING WHEN I READ THAT!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
My grandmom uses MUM, too!

WOW indeed!!!

Thanks for the post skegeesmb!!!

I still haven't purchased any rollersetting equipment and I thought that I'd have to learn to deal with those rollers without the covers and the silver metal clips.

Thanks for showing how well you can get the job done with the the rollers with covers.

--kc

Girl the rollerset looks awesome!! It looks very professional! You've motivated me to try this on my daughter's natural hair. Great Job! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is my first post....

Your hair looks great. I tried my first roller set yesterday (1/26).

I used magnetic rollers with the metal clips. I got frustrated because I could not keep the roller taught enough. They were slipping and sliding all over the place, the hair that hadn't been rolled was drying. It was a mess. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I like the rollers that you used. I didnt get those because I thought the clip would leave a crease in my hair. Yours looks so fabulous! I want to run out and get new rollers and try again!!

Does anyone have success with the magnetic rollers/clips??
Have any tips on the best rollers to use?

Back