WOW! NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream! (Review)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
This stuff made my ends feel like butter!!! I applied some to my ends this morning before putting it into a bun and my ends felt so nice and moisturized!!! If you're having a problem with dry, frizzy ends that everytime you moisturize they stay that way, well you might wanna pick you up a bottle of NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream. It's still on sale at CVS until Feb. 26th. Just wanted to share!!! :weird:

Thanks for the review, Poohbear. I may have to check it out after I work through some of my other leave-ins.

I have to go get some more tonight...I love that leave in..but im deathly in love with the deep moisturizing mask that they have..its heavenly.....

thanks i have to get to CVS before Sat

I promised I'd give NTM daily conditioner a try so I might as well put the leave-in cream on my list too.

Poohbear, are you using it on dry hair?

Robin41 said:
I promised I'd give NTM daily conditioner a try so I might as well put the leave-in cream on my list too.

Poohbear, are you using it on dry hair?

This morning, I used it on dry hair. Whenever I get around to washing my hair, I do plan on using it on damp hair that's 75% dry or so. Once my Maxiglide comes in the mail, I will apply it on my hair before I use the Maxiglide on sections of my hair.
To me, this product does my hair like S-Curl except it's not as watery.

I love this too Poohbear it gives me lots of slip and leaves my hair soft. It is definitely one of my staples glad you liked it ! :grin:

I always keep a bottle of this leave-in on my shelf! Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I'll definitely head to CVS after work! :grin:

Poohbear said:
This stuff made my ends feel like butter!!! I applied some to my ends this morning before putting it into a bun and my ends felt so nice and moisturized!!! If you're having a problem with dry, frizzy ends that everytime you moisturize they stay that way, well you might wanna pick you up a bottle of NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream. It's still on sale at CVS until Feb. 26th. Just wanted to share!!! :weird:

I have had a bottle of this from day one, and cant recall why I stopped using it! After seeing Sylver2 posts, I decided to give it another whirl and I am loving it as well! It doesnt feel heavy at all. Soaks wonderfully into my hair. Afterwards I apply a little jojoba oil. I still love my oils! :)

mrslee said:
I have had a bottle of this from day one, and cant recall why I stopped using it! After seeing Sylver2 posts, I decided to give it another whirl and I am loving it as well! It doesnt feel heavy at all. Soaks wonderfully into my hair. Afterwards I apply a little jojoba oil. I still love my oils! :)
Yeah! That's what it did...Soaks right into my hair! :yep: I can't wait to use it on damp hair. I might try it on wet hair to see how much slip it gives! :grin:

mrslee said:

Are you guys using this on wet or dry hair?

mrslee said:

Mad at the twin...that she stopped using it...bad ml...bad...lol.
Glad you came back to the fold..lol. My hair likes mixed up oils too..so
I'm not mad at you with your oil loving self...;)

i have used the NTM daily conditioner.I was not impressed,however i did use it after i did a aggressive protien treatment.
The mask rocks.i love it i alternate between that and humecto.

The leave in cream did work good for me but not great.it was a bit to light and my hair looked a slight bit dry.I had to mix it with some serum called silicon mix.Once i did that it worked good.my hair was shiny ,with lots of movement.However to me its not better then my favorite leave-in hair organics hair mayo. :)

Last edited:
goldensugar23 said:
i have used the NTM daily conditioner.I was not impressed,however i did use it after i did a aggressive protien treatment.

The leave in cream did work good for me but not great.it was a bit to light and my hair looked a slight bit dry.I had to mix it with some serum called silicon mix.Once i did that it worked good.my hair was shiny ,with lots of movement.However to me its not better then my favorite leave-in hair organics hair mayo. :)
@GS23---> Do you have really thick hair???

Poohbear said:
It seems like you can use it on wet, damp, or dry hair. ;)

Glad you are liking the NTM silk touch as well:)
I absolutely love it.
My hair is extremely thick and I don't use it as a regular leave in because its pretty light.
Its so light I use this as a moisturizer on my hair when its dry. On my ends and throughout and cover with scarf. Works so good and hair is so soft/silky.

goldensugar23 said:
The mask rocks.i love it i alternate between that and humecto.

I can't imagine someone not liking the NTM daily deep conditioner. It is absolutely wonderful.
wow, after a major protein treatment your hair will definately be dry. I did a protein treatment in November. After I section off hair and combed NTM DDC thru. I put on cap and went to sleep and rinsed out next day.
As far as the Leave in,yes it is very light to me, but I love it. I explained above how I use it. I use rusk as my official leave in.

Great thanks!

This will be perfect for my bun challenge. I usally put it up in a large purple magnetic roller over night.

Thanks...my ends are really brittle from all the shedding I had.

sylver2 said:
I can't imagine someone not liking the NTM daily deep conditioner. It is absolutely wonderful.
wow, after a major protein treatment your hair will definately be dry. I did a protein treatment in November. After I section off hair and combed NTM DDC thru. I put on cap and went to sleep and rinsed out next day.

GoldenSugar done said a cuss word! LOL!
*Mo walks over to sylver and tosses an arm around her shoulder in mutual understanding*

Mo: "It's okay girl, I understand. I know...Mo knows. "

I'm gonna do a protein treatment later and leave the DDC on overnight and rinse out Saturday morning.

sylver2 said:
As far as the Leave in,yes it is very light to me, but I love it. I explained above how I use it. I use rusk as my official leave in.

oh ok..when i used it i applied it as a rinse to comb out my tangles(i thought it was a instant).i used it after the mask and was expecting major slip.

Maybe thats why my results were poor.

Last edited:
goldensugar23 said:
oh ok..when i used i applied it as a rinse to comb out my tangles(i thought it was a instant).i used it after the mask and was expecting major slip.

Maybe thats why my results were poor.

:eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you did NOT do that to my hair... I mean..your hair!!!!

It ain't no rinse! If we're talking about the leave in....it's like Salerm, it's like Lacio Lacio, it's like Infusium 23 if we wanna get old school...for its intended purpose. It has been used other ways...but...it's a leave in...

Shall u give it another go on my hair? I mean, your hair?

Last edited:
im going to have to buy the leave-in again, bc i gave it to my bf. i applied to my ends before i wrapped, and my hair laughed at me. :grin: it needed more moisture... but my hair is very thick and it tends to get on the frizzy side so i need a heavier moisturizer like profectiv healthy ends. but im thinking about mixing the leave-in with profectiv and see how it works... who knows it might become another staple! :ohwell:

sylver2 said:
Glad you are liking the NTM silk touch as well:)
I absolutely love it.
My hair is extremely thick and I don't use it as a regular leave in because its pretty light.
Its so light I use this as a moisturizer on my hair when its dry. On my ends and throughout and cover with scarf. Works so good and hair is so soft/silky.

Does the leave-in cause your ends to draw up or frizz, what about build-up? I am thinking about picking up this product to use on my dry hair as a moisturizer. My ends have been really dry lately.

MonaLisa said:
:eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you did NOT do that to my hair... I mean..your hair!!!!

It ain't no rinse!
Shall u give it another go on my hair? I mean, your hair?

:grin: :grin: :grin:

just following the directions on the tube mona :) .it says apply and rinse...so thats what i did.since my results were so bad i was saving it for the product swap at the next lhcf meeting.
however thanx to you ladies i will be giving it another try on monalisa's i mean my hair. :lol:

Last edited:
nikki1971 said:
Does the leave-in cause your ends to draw up or frizz, what about build-up? I am thinking about picking up this product to use on my dry hair as a moisturizer. My ends have been really dry lately.

somewhat OT - it's bugging me out folks want to use this as a moisturizer now...

this is due to you Sylver...you know this right? LOL.

((((Sylveeeerr))))

goldensugar23 said:
:grin: :grin: :grin:

just following the directions on the tube mona :) .it says apply and rinse...so thats what i did.since my results were so bad i was saving it for the product swap at the next lhcf meeting.
however thanx to you ladies i will be giving it another try on monalisa's i mean my hair. :lol:

Ohhhhhhhh..hole up....hole up....

I see that you're talking about the DDC...I was talking about the leave-in...but since you said you were giving away NTM ish at the next meeting...I must make a point of beeing at the next NYC meeting...*cough*

But, give it another go on our hair....see what happens....you still experiencing no love...I'll be there for you...take this burden off of your hands..;)

MonaLisa said:
somewhat OT - it's bugging me out folks want to use this as a moisturizer now...

this is due to you Sylver...you know this right? LOL.

((((Sylveeeerr))))

It's like two products in one! :grin:

:scratchch If you really wanna get technical...

Moisturizers are basically leave-ins (since you leave them in your hair and don't rinse them out) and creams are moisturizers (give moisture to your hair)... since NTM Silk Touch is a "Leave-in Cream", it can be used both ways! :spinning:

Poohbear said:
It's like two products in one! :grin:

:scratchch If you really wanna get technical...

Moisturizers are basically leave-ins (since you leave them in your hair and don't rinse them out) and creams are moisturizers (give moisture to your hair)... since NTM Silk Touch is a "Leave-in Cream", it can be used both ways! :spinning:

Okay Pooh. I need to pick me up some Lacio Lacio for my next moisturizer...and get rid of my Mango Butter...

ignore me...everybody should use it the way they want to.

k?

I'm looking for something that I can use for braidouts. Something that will make my hair soft to the touch. Can this be used on dry hair for braidouts? I'm confused.Is it a leave in conditioner? or a moisturizer? sorry I didnt read through all the post so if this was explained,forgive me :(

TeeTee2

Back